Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meilyr
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hi everyone from San Antonio, TX

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Welcome Laura and Meilyr! What a unique name for a bully! We have quite a few members from Texas on here

Yes, cannot wait to see pix of your bully baby!!!
    Love Jesse's coat! Your bullies are adorable along with the hairless ones, the kiddos! Thanks for welcoming me to the site.

Drool Catcher Laura M Velazquez's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meilyr
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FridayGt View Post
    Just now seeing this! Welcome to the site and congrats on your new four-legged kid! I kind of miss San Antonio, I was stationed at Lackland for about 5 years.
    Well I'm sure your pooch loves the nice cool Delaware weather vs the hot humid weather down here. Are you still in the service? Thanks for the welcome to the site. Love the Face Smoosher.

Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meilyr
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    Welcome Laura and Meilyr.

He's a handsome boy.
    About the food switching. The easiest way to give advice is to relate experience. So I'll tell you what we experienced with HRH. She was eating Bil Jac when we got her. She seemed fine on it. At almost 4 years old she had a wonderful bully build. And her skin and coat seemed fine. She had some "eye boogers" every morning, but nothing excessive. She smelled like a dog. And being new dog owners after not being around dogs we figured that was normal too.
    Well after reading here a bit, we decided to try switching to better food. We decided to go grain free right away and switched her to Fromm surf and turf (slow transition from Bil Jac) She actually started getting a rash on her legs and was licking more. We decided to change her to No Chicken Beef Frittata and that stopped the licking and rash and she does NOT smell like a dog anymore. Oh and she RARELY ever has gas now too. With the Bil Jac she had it more. Her eyes are much less goopy in the morning, although she will still have a little bit of that. We are using an eye drop to increase moisture now to help because the vet noticed some entropian, but it's not bad enough to look into surgery just yet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the switch to better food has helped in so many ways that we didn't even think we needed help.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try and keep the change in meat product and see what the new dog food contains. I've seen a lot of people mention Fromm, but haven't seen it at the pet stores down here in SA, TX. May have to order online.

Are you studying to specialize in the bulldog breed? I read you are a bulldog vet in training.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Laura M Aguirre View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'm going to try and keep the change in meat product and see what the new dog food contains. I've seen a lot of people mention Fromm, but haven't seen it at the pet stores down here in SA, TX. May have to order online.

Are you studying to specialize in the bulldog breed? I read you are a bulldog vet in training.
    If you do decide to order online, check out the Pet Flow link. I think several members get their food sent with that. You can also get a discount using a coupon code from EBN. (there's a thread with that info) They are one of the sites sponsors.

I'm not actually a vet in training. That's just a site generated thing that shows up under our names depending on our post count.
    I actually changed it once upon a time, but when my posts jumped to the next level it automatically changed back and I haven't bothered to take the time to figure out how to change it again.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome! I am glad you found us. It is nice to meet new bully lovers . As everyone said, pictures are demanded around here because we LOVE looking at bullys. For me, the pictures make me smile.

Your boy is ADORABLE! Thank you for sharing.

As far as the food, I can't really comment as mine did have some issues that needed to be corrected with food. I can't come to you with the perspective of a healthy bully and food change. I do feed Fromm Beef Frittata and it works well for us. I can buy it locally but those that cannot have had great success with petflow. You can go to the Fromm site and search for vendors and see if there are any in your area. We get ours at a country feed store that carries mostly horse equipment but there is also a nice dog boutique here that carries it as well.

Anyway, I am glad you joined us. The people here are amazing!

Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Meilyr
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Welcome! I am glad you found us. It is nice to meet new bully lovers . As everyone said, pictures are demanded around here because we LOVE looking at bullys. For me, the pictures make me smile.

Your boy is ADORABLE! Thank you for sharing.

As far as the food, I can't really comment as mine did have some issues that needed to be corrected with food. I can't come to you with the perspective of a healthy bully and food change. I do feed Fromm Beef Frittata and it works well for us. I can buy it locally but those that cannot have had great success with petflow. You can go to the Fromm site and search for vendors and see if there are any in your area. We get ours at a country feed store that carries mostly horse equipment but there is also a nice dog boutique here that carries it as well.

Anyway, I am glad you joined us. The people here are amazing!
    Thanks for the info. I'm happy to be on the site and have gotten a lot of good information. I'll be putting more pics.
    There is a good sized feed store not too far from my house and I think I'll check out their options. Don't want to buy a huge bag of food to then find out it doesn't suit him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads