Hello everyone...

bullylovers01

May 12, 2011
North West Tennesee
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunker & Mattie
Our names are Franki & Julie. We live in TN and are the proud mommys to 4 babies, 2 of which are bullies :bully: Their names are Chunker (m) and Mattie (f). Chunker is 3 1/2 yrs old and Mattie will be 2 next month. We love our bullies sooo much!!! They have the sweetest personalities :yes: I want to start a Bulldog Rescue one day. No bully should be left alone or mistreated. Breaks my heart when I hear of that being done. Our other babies are Samantha, a 13 yr. old Mini Schnauzer and Chuewy, our 6yr old Lab mix, who was recently diagnosed with bone cancer on 4-29-11. If you're interested, you can read Chuewy's story at this link:

http://chuewy.chipin.com/my-dog-has-cancer

Thank you for taking the time to read our story...~There is no greater love than the love of a dog~

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome [MENTION=2378]bullylovers01[/MENTION] I am so sorry to hear about your poor baby. I am glad you joined us and hopefully you will get all the support you need during this time.

Please let us know if you do start a rescue, as we also list rescue dogs here. :up:

L

Lucy-licious

Hi there and welcome to you both and your fur-babies.
Glad you found us and I hope we can be of added support to you both.
I shall not be the last to mention that pics are a must here we love to share and coo over each others beautiful babies :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Hope to see lots of pics and stories about your family!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Welcome! I am glad that you have found us. The picture of your bullys in your avitar is just precious!

I am sorry to hear about what you are going thru with Chuewy. Please feel free to share stories, ask questions, and vent if you need it.

OP
bullylovers01

bullylovers01

May 12, 2011
North West Tennesee
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunker & Mattie
Thank you all for the warm welcome, it truely means alot to us & our spoiled rotten babies!!!!!! We are still learning our ways around the site and it is a very easy site to pick up on. out of all the bulldog clubs i have visited this one is the best . You all are very informative and most of all you all have a huge warm heart for bulldogs and also other breeds which is a big deal for me sing i have 3 different breeds. again thanks so much. i am looking to upgrade my membership to 4paw soon.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Awww welcome! My boy is Chunk! So funny :)

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Welcome! You picked the perfect place to be to get support with all you are going through and also share all your stories about your bullies.. Glad you found us!!

:heart:

OP
bullylovers01

bullylovers01

May 12, 2011
North West Tennesee
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunker & Mattie
Chuewy (our lab) saw his new Dr. today....He agreed it is bone cancer according to the xrays....HE drew blood today, which has YET to be done and also did FULL BODY xrays to see if the cancer has spread.....IT HAS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance: While we understand that xrays are not 100% accurate, there were no signs of cancer that the Dr. could see!! He agrees that amputation is the best choice for Chuewy....and will send off for a biopsy to see which kind of bone cancer he has so it can be treated appropriatly. His lab work was great except for his RBCs and Hematocrit are a little low, which is most likely from the Chemo he's on. On April 29, 2011, I specifically asked our former vet if they could do blood work to check for cancer...the response we were given was "The markers arnt high enough to test" (???) ok....then I asked what about a biopsy.....the response we were given was "With it being this advanced, there is no reason to have one done.....it is bone cancer". Then I asked " what if it's just confined to his leg....and you amputate...if it's not spread anywhere else, looks like he would have a good chance of living....can you xray his body to see if it has?" The response we were given was "There is no sense in doing that because I'm telling you, it's already spread thru him and even with amputation, he only has aprox. 6mo to live." Well guess what, YOU WERE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand that Drs. can be wrong sometimes, but I'm a nurse and while I may not be a Dr. or the smartest woman in the world, I refused to settle for "Let's just amputate and he might live 6 mos." I asked our former vet these questions MUTIPLE TIMES and got the same response...."Even amputation isnt going to make him live longer"....Well Chuewy just might prove you wrong!!! I know I did today!!! It's amazing how you trust your babies life with someone and then get a slap in the face....I'm so glad we had this 2nd opinion done....I told Chuewy as soon as we found all of this out over 2 weeks ago that I would NOT give up.....And I won't!!!

Please continue to pray for him...and as far as donations are concerned, if you want to donate, just send me a post or email thru facebook and I'll give you our address to mail it....Again, thank yall for reading this and keeping Chuewy in your prayers....

Franki, Julie, & Chuewy :)

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
WELCOME! I'm adding you on facebook. :) I'm [email protected] (Whitney Wesson) If you do end up starting a rescue, I'd love to talk about fostering! I have one little bully girl, Katie, who will be 5 on the 26th. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with Chuewy. My parents' American bulldog had a cancerous tumor removed a few years back and it was such a scare. I hope all ends up well with him!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online