Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello from north florida

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: hello from north florida

Welcome to the site. I am from Orange Park, Jacksonville area. Glad you are here. Can't wait to see photos of you new little girl

Always with me

Bulldog(s) Names
    ZEEK & STANLEY
    Likes (Received)

Hello everyone, and Thank you for all your support and wonderful replies.... My family & I just arrived home a few minutes ago & I couldn't
    wait to let everyone know because my new bully needs ALOT more TLC then I ever imaged, I have seen pics of bullies and other animals in this condition
    but never witnessed it first hand, this poor girl has been kept outside for several weeks!! and shes EXTREMELY under weight, I asked why shes been kept outside & why
    shes in this condition, turns out the girl that took her in does not allow pets inside her home. Well she said she has been trying to put weight on her but hasnt had any success the last 3 weeks!!
    So my question is WHAT DOES ANYBODY RECOMMEND for a bully that has been neglected this way? I WILL take her to the vet tom, however he does not specialize in bullies, and I'M not that crazy about him, so I did research today and have found that there is a vet about an hour away that is a bully owner herself, however I cant see her until next week, shes booked!! any tips would be most helpful right now... I know shes definitely got fleas really bad... and right now my husband is feeding her and I'm going to go bathe her when shes finished. Her name is Vicki
    I will take pic however these will definitely be heartbreaking.... Thank you all any tips on helping me to get her healthy again would be appreciated, recommendations on food types , any information. Thank you... Melanie

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Oh@melanie..you are my hero.whatever she looks like..she will soon be thriving. Love goes a long way towards healing..inside and out. I don't have any wisdom for you just lots of encouragement and I know much wiser people will help!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

@ncperry & @melanie Congrats on getting Vickie, I hope you can get her fixed up and healthy quickly. Lots of Love and good food and a comfortable home should do it. Looking forward to seeing progress pics.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I am so happy you have her! I bet you will have her feeling much better very quickly. Maybe you could try calling the bully vet's office again and tell them that it is extremely important that you get her in as soon as possible and describe some of her issues and how you got her. I know my vet will fit us in if it just isn't something that will wait. Just a thought.

Be sure to post pics of her sweet face when you get the chance. And don't forget to give her hugs from all of us.

Real Name
    Cindy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Breezi, LAYLA& PANDA, Hammer, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
    Likes (Received)

I would feed her a bland diet alot of little meals until you know her digestive track is going to be able to handle a hi calorie intake. Does she have a good appetite? I know once she gets cleaned up and just some TLC she will feel 100% better just go slow on the food until you get into a Vet and have her checked out for worms and heartworms and any other possible infections> Thank you once again for saving this little girls life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads