2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He went to the vet for his boosters yesterday and weighed 13.8 pounds. I gave him 2/3 of a cup this morning to see how he did with that. The bag says 1 1/2 cups for 11 pounds on the side. How much should i be giving him. Its acana puppy formula. I don't want to give him too much and I don't want to give him too less. Thank y'all so much, and I appreciate the help.

Look at the article link I posted in previous response... there is a feeding guide that will help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JessicaK11

JessicaK11

Mar 3, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Thank you so much 2BullyMama, I really do appreciate it. Y'all are great at the quick responses and I feel like I will be annoying at times asking so many questions even when I have read every article over and over. This forum is the best and has been the most helpful ever.

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Thank you so much 2BullyMama, I really do appreciate it. Y'all are great at the quick responses and I feel like I will be annoying at times asking so many questions even when I have read every article over and over. This forum is the best and has been the most helpful ever.

Totally agree! And yes, I've even felt like I was being a nuisance at first, but everyone here is very kind and patient (they're bully parents after all, gotta be extremely patient lol) I've learned tons here and did a ton of breed research before submitting my adoption application. So glad I got my Shirley Wigglebutt even though she wasn't even on my list of dogs they had I was interested in. The rescue matched us and its been a very fulfilling experience for me. My research was like basics for the breed, it's a whole new world actually "talking" to people who have experienced way more than what websites will tell you.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Never stop asking... we’re all here to help and give different perspective of what does or doesn’t work

OP
JessicaK11

JessicaK11

Mar 3, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I switched to just a 1/2 cup 3 times a day and he eats it all now. Thank y'all so much, I feel relieved now and not worried that something was wrong or he wasn't liking this new food. I appreciate it.

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
I switched to just a 1/2 cup 3 times a day and he eats it all now. Thank y'all so much, I feel relieved now and not worried that something was wrong or he wasn't liking this new food. I appreciate it.
One other thought. All dogs are different. Feel the ribs. If they are too pronounced you are under feeding, if they only have one big rib you are over feeding. This is the main thing we do to keep Crazy and Bruno at a healthy weight. Small adjustments, especially with puppies, can make a big difference.

minton5825

Mar 11, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Spike
Hello and welcome. We got our first olde English bulldogge a little over a year ago. She is so precious. A month ago we purchased an English bulldog. Don’t believe we will ever own another breed. We love the bulldog breed so much. Enjoy

Bluegrit

May 23, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Frances
When I got my Frances I was given two jars of supplements, glucosamine and omega 3. I just thought it was a bit over kill to give dog supplements,we finished the jars and never got her some more. I had no idea how much of high maintanace EBDs could be. Three years later my baby has a cherry eye and hip displasia. When she gets up in the morning I can almost all hear joints popping. I thought she was always going to be healthy and active like any other dog I have as she was when she was when she was a puppy, I was dead wrong. Now I have her eating a high protien dog food and have her glucosamine(COSEQUIN). The glucosamine helped alot I would recomend for any pup, adult or senior EBD. As we all know EBD activity level and health can significaly change from pup to adult age. I can only wonder if I would have kept her on glucosamine how diffrent things could have turned out....

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
When I got my Frances I was given two jars of supplements, glucosamine and omega 3. I just thought it was a bit over kill to give dog supplements,we finished the jars and never got her some more. I had no idea how much of high maintanace EBDs could be. Three years later my baby has a cherry eye and hip displasia. When she gets up in the morning I can almost all hear joints popping. I thought she was always going to be healthy and active like any other dog I have as she was when she was when she was a puppy, I was dead wrong. Now I have her eating a high protien dog food and have her glucosamine(COSEQUIN). The glucosamine helped alot I would recomend for any pup, adult or senior EBD. As we all know EBD activity level and health can significaly change from pup to adult age. I can only wonder if I would have kept her on glucosamine how diffrent things could have turned out....

Hello and welcome to the best and most friendliest forum! I have received a ton of knowledge and help (and still getting tremendous help) from members here.
Don't beat yourself up with wondering what could have been, if the supplements were really needed, I'm sure your vet would have told you to keep your pup on them or what to give and when. Sounds like you're doing right by your fur baby.
I'm a first time EBD mom since January. Adopted a breeder surrender from local rescue. She turns 7 next month. I've kept her on the Zignature catfish the rescue had her on. I was not given any supplements nor told I should give her any. I've had many different breeds in my lifetime but my Danes taught me the most. Hip dysplasia, decrepit hind legs, etc. I also have had horses most of my life so when my Danes got older or I took in seniors, I put them on dumor horse joint supplement. It worked absolute wonders with them. However, with EBD's being so "fragile" I'm scared to try my lil lady on it, but considering her age, I'll be asking the vet at our appointment. It has massive percentages of glucosamine and other great things for joints, so only a few pellets needed for my Danes a day. The small bucket lasted longer than a year between the 3 seniors I had.

OP
JessicaK11

JessicaK11

Mar 3, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Diesel is growing and getting so big way too fast. I wanted to come on here and check in and update on him. I swear i have a newborn baby :no: He wears me out and has to be by my side 24/7. He definitely has such a fun and long personality. He went to the vet yesterday for his rabies and he is now weighing 23.4 pounds at 14 weeks :unsure: I have been feeding him the acania puppy food and was wondering how long I had to keep buying the puppy formula and when I could switch to the different recipe ones, like beef & pumpkin, duck & peer and so on. I have attached some recent pics of him. Every time I am getting ready he has to come in the shower and he has to use the blow dryer when I am.(You'll see what he does to the blow dryer cord if I don't share and put it on him in the attached pics) It is the cutest and also craziest thing ever. He is such a big boy and helps with the chores around the house (he will wait by the vacuum for me to start it up again)...I can't even get my actual kids to do that. I dont think I can ever get enough pics of him either, I swear he will be making the same face and I have to take another one. He is also a show stopper and everyone has to come up to him and take a pic or pet him. Its crazy how you don't see too many english bulldogs and people stop for them but not other breeds. We tried to make trip to Lowes yesterday and that didn't work out too well, He was way too excited and so was everyone else there. Very hard to train and get him to listen when ppl keep coming up to him making him go crazy. People think I am crazy because he literally goes everywhere with me right now and he knows when I am getting ready to leave. He won't leave my side and when we walk outside he goes directly to the vehicle and starts barking to get in. Its so hard to explain how different he is than any other dog I've ever had and people are like its a dog Jessica...no he is a baby...literally. I treat all my pets like that but some people don't get it. HE has to be touching me or on my neck to sleep too. I could be spoiling him a tad too much, but that sweet little precious face. He goes to the kids softball games and baseball games when they are early or at night and its not too warm out. He watches them too, its so crazy. And sorry my brain is all over the place, I've been wanting to get on and check in and chat for a while and haven't had time. We are gone every night for practice and weekends for the games....and than my newborn baby (diesel as well) image1.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage0.jpgimage1-2.jpegimage0-2.jpegIMG_3028.jpgIMG_2866.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh my goodness... he is a true adorable bulldog! They are Velcro dogs 100%!

Usually, keep on puppy formula till around 8-10 months. Unless it is all stages food.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.