JessicaK11

Mar 3, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Hey y'all, Just thought I would post a Hello. So glad I found this forum as this is my first time with this type of breed. Let me tell you, he has definitely been a character and is spoiled rotten for the week we have had him. He is so different from any other breed of dog that I have ever owned. His face just gets me every time and I cannot stop spoiling this baby rotten.....send HELP please. I am learning so much and I would appreciate any advice for first time owners. His name is Diesel and he is 9 wks old and already weighs 11 pounds. I have attached some photos of my precious baby. Also any advice on how to stop spoiling him would be greatly appreciated as well hahaha. My days now consist around him and I don't go anywhere I don't need too because he absolutely hates to be left home alone in his crate. I left him the other day to go tan and run some errands and I could hear him bark and whine nonstop on the ring. I was so sad and I was only gone for 2 hours :( When I got him, the breeder did not give me any of the food he was already being fed and when I asked she said he was just getting some cheap kibble stuff, so I had no clue what that was when I walked into the pet store to buy him some. I asked the worker and she said this was a good kind, so he has been eating Blue buffalo Life protection formula (Puppy chicken and brown rice recipe) I would like to give him the best for his breed and anything that they recommend for english bulldogs. So please any information good or bad I would love. Like I said, this is all new to me and I didn't realize how different of a breed they were and that they really aren't your typical dog. Thank y'all so much.

:D

IMG_2482.jpgIMG_2565.jpgIMG_2452.jpgIMG_2402.jpgIMG_1535.jpgIMG_2337.jpg

ladywebb

Feb 12, 2021
Midwest
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert
Hello and Welcome! First time EBD owner myself and fairly new to this forum. As for the spoiling...I don't think that will ever stop! My Gilbert is 6 months old and still getting spoiled and pampered daily! I know many people here feed a raw food diet (I have yet to venture into that)..I feed Fromm Heartland Gold Lrg breed puppy (grain free). You will get alot of useful advice here and lots of information.
20210226_175247.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And Diesel is absolutely Adorable!!

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Hello and welcome JessicaK11 and Ladywebb! I'm also a first time EBD owner as of January, I adopted a 6 almost 7 year old breeder surrender from a local rescue.
Your babies are absolute cuties!
I don't think there is a way to stop the spoiling....their faces tend to melt our hearts...
you both have found the best place to get awesome advice from experienced and knowledgeable bully parents! I've received a lot of advice and very good information from this forum. The best part... everyone has been so friendly! BONUS!

I feed my girl Zignature catfish but am seriously considering rotating different proteins such as duck or lamb. Her coat gets real oily and I'm wondering if it's all the omegas and natural fish oil in the catfish protein. She came with a small bag of food from the rescue so I've kept her on the exact same. Plus her farts and poo stink to high heaven! I've had to roll down the windows in the car 3 times during a 20 minute drive from her gassiness lol

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor says hello to baby Diesel!
Diesel is absolutely gorgeous - I love the second last photo where he sleeps on your lap! Spoiling your pup with your time is a great investment for the future. Since you ask for advice: I would not leave a nine-week pup for two hours unless absolutely necessary. He left his mum and siblings not long ago and he is too young to be left alone.

Best of luck and welcome to the lovely world of English bulldogs!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Welcome!

He is gorgeous and you will find it impossible to not spoil him! I call my boy a spoiled brat, which he is, but that doesn't stop me from spoiling him more, I can't help myself!
We love to see all the pictures too and look forward to seeing him grow up.

Has he had all his shots? It has been many years since I have had a puppy but I thought they couldn't go anywhere until they had had them all. People with puppy experience will give you lots of info about that and food too.

OP
JessicaK11

JessicaK11

Mar 3, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Thank yā€™all for the replies. I wondered if that was too long but didnā€™t think much of it. After that, I havenā€™t left his side and refuse too lol. That second to last pic was at my sons baseball tournament, since he canā€™t get down and use the grass I brought the wagon for him and made a play area and bathroom area in it and it worked out perfect. I have been reading up on the food forums and thinking about switching gradually to more protein etc. His farts are unreal and can wipe us all out. Itā€™s about time someone compared to my husbands :p because even he canā€™t stand them and I think itā€™s great paybacks.

ImDauntless

Mar 5, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Jacob Eli
Adorable! I purchased a large indoor open top kennel and it works wonders, has a door if I want to let him use it. Put my Jacob in it and I can leave with comfort because he has all his toys and bed in it. He does not cry at all, found it on Amazon for only 99$ will probably get another to put outside. Enjoy My boy is 6 months old and he is definitely a character as well

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey y'all, Just thought I would post a Hello. So glad I found this forum as this is my first time with this type of breed. Let me tell you, he has definitely been a character and is spoiled rotten for the week we have had him. He is so different from any other breed of dog that I have ever owned. His face just gets me every time and I cannot stop spoiling this baby rotten.....send HELP please. I am learning so much and I would appreciate any advice for first time owners. His name is Diesel and he is 9 wks old and already weighs 11 pounds. I have attached some photos of my precious baby. Also any advice on how to stop spoiling him would be greatly appreciated as well hahaha. My days now consist around him and I don't go anywhere I don't need too because he absolutely hates to be left home alone in his crate. I left him the other day to go tan and run some errands and I could hear him bark and whine nonstop on the ring. I was so sad and I was only gone for 2 hours :( When I got him, the breeder did not give me any of the food he was already being fed and when I asked she said he was just getting some cheap kibble stuff, so I had no clue what that was when I walked into the pet store to buy him some. I asked the worker and she said this was a good kind, so he has been eating Blue buffalo Life protection formula (Puppy chicken and brown rice recipe) I would like to give him the best for his breed and anything that they recommend for english bulldogs. So please any information good or bad I would love. Like I said, this is all new to me and I didn't realize how different of a breed they were and that they really aren't your typical dog. Thank y'all so much.

:D

View attachment 120603View attachment 120604View attachment 120605View attachment 120606View attachment 120607View attachment 120608

welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of Bulldogs!

leaving them is brutal on us... but he will be fine, place a dirty T-shirt with him in his crate so he can smell your scent. Two hours should be the limit at this age, no longer as he can only hold his potty for about three hours and as a guideline, they can hold only one hour more than they are months old... so two months .. potty limit is three hours.

food.. definitely get a better kibble if you are not interested in feeding raw, also avoid grains and chicken , for whatever reason lots of Bulldogs have issues with chicken, my guess is in the processing, but no real scientific evidence. Zingnature, Fromm, Acana, Open Farm, Earthborn holistic are some of the better. Iā€™m also reading good things about Farmina.

Get used to spoiling, it last for their life time. However, keep in mind they are stubborn tanks, so make sure you are already starting to train him... sit, stay, wait, leave it... a good easy training tool is ā€˜ nothing in life is freeā€™.

keep the picture coming

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
Hi and :welcome2: Wesley says hi :D Diesel is awesome!

You are 100% correct when you said they are not the same as other dogs! We have owned other breeds but nothing is like a bully and nothing is quite as stubborn :yes:

Spoiling Diesel will only probably get worse, itā€™s impossible not to and impossible not to continuously smile or laugh at them even when they are actually not really doing anything :D

Wesley is our second bulldog so we kind of know what to expect :D but we had forgotten just how relentless and painfull the puppy ā€œsharkā€ period is!! :D

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Gah... he is precious!!! Bulldog have a unique personality, and are extremely stubborn... but we LOVE them!!!

I got Fromm's when my pack were puppies, but you can always check on Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor for the best recommendations... based on where you live and your budget.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
WELCOME to EBN!! Thatā€™s a cutie for sure.

Yes Zingnature, Fromm, Acana, Open Farm, Earthborn holistic are top quality. FYI, has the highest protein count. They also have single protein bags. Since heā€™s a pup, make sure you ā€œrotateā€ the proteins after EACH bag. Thatā€™s how they build a stronger immune system. Their bodies gets use to all proteins n youā€™ll avoid a lot of allergies down the road. If any... Do feed him ā€œchickenā€. Lots of people fear the chicken but when you feed it as a pup in their rotation youā€™ll never have issues. Definitely get him off Blue Buffalo as they do get a lot of recalls. Itā€™s contracted out n why they get these recalls. Also stay away from anything Purina makes, Science Hill, Royal Canin and any cheaper brands like what youā€™ll see at Walmart etc... youā€™re asking for trouble. But.....if you can start him on a raw diets, definitely youā€™ll avoid so many health problems. If you do the math raw is basically same price as a high quality kibble. Just a thought :)

OP
JessicaK11

JessicaK11

Mar 3, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Thank you so much for the recommendations. I will definitely get him off of it and start rotating out the different proteins. I appreciate the advice and it helps me so much with making the decision of what to purchase next. I have been reading many of the articles and find them so helpful. I can never receive enough information or advice so I appreciate everyone taking the time and replying.

OP
JessicaK11

JessicaK11

Mar 3, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
His face gets me every time. I think my older kids are getting a bit jealous lol but I told them I spoiled them all rotten when they were babies. If i could have more babies I would so I consider him my baby. Those damn teeth are so dang sharp, I see where they get the nickname Shark from. I'm so excited to watch him grow up. I have wanted a bulldog forever and finally bit the bullet and got one.

OP
JessicaK11

JessicaK11

Mar 3, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
He has not received all of his shots, He has received two sets and just went for his well check last Thursday. I do not let him touch the grass or interact with anyone and he isn't around any dogs until he is fully vaccinated. I have a wagon and pee pads and that's how he goes when he needs too. I was under the impression that he couldn't go on the ground until fully vaccinated but I thought him being outside was still ok, I'm I wrong? I hope I haven't been putting him at risk for anything, not knowing.

OP
JessicaK11

JessicaK11

Mar 3, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
IMG_2635.jpgIMG_2630.jpg

This was him today on our adventures. I swear I can never get enough pics of him.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.