tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
You certainly have your hands full in more way than one with this fella. But he sure is a pretty looking boy. Keep up the good work and please let us see more pictures of him when you get time. Thanks for saving this cute fella.

Bulldogs 36.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My first english bulldog. Had a frenchie before. This dude came from a rescue in Utah by way of California. He was a breeder throwaway effectively. Has his share of issues at the ripe old age of 2. He is a pain, doesn't listen, and is the most high maintenance thing I've ever owned. But boy is he cute!

He came to us as Buddy, which we've stuck with for no reason other than it was already on his paperwork from the rescue. He doesn't listen to it. But he doesn't listen to anything. He was Wakanda originally from the breeders lol. I thought about changing his name to Chad as an homage to the late actor's character hailing from Wakanda, but I had little support there in the house. I call him Ferdinand the bull when he lays in the yard munching on grass and sunbathing. I also thought to call him Louis since he is colored the same as the fancy handbags.

He is epileptic. He has allergies. He has goofy joints, funny teeth and more dirty rolls to clean every day than I ever thought I'd have to manage. He is the epitome of what breeders have done wrong to create a beautiful short stumpy little bulldog.

I've thought about putting him on Instagram to gain some web fame and raise awareness for people who see these awesome looking dogs and don't know the troubles behind the scenes, but I haven't committed to that idea yet.

For now I'm joining this group to be able to search amongst some folks who have had more experience with these beasts.

View attachment 120580

Welcome to EBN and thank you for rescuing this sweet boy!

As you mentioned, you need to establish alpha with him... if he is treat driven use it to your advantage... nothing in life is free will work really well for you.

Allergies... try Zingnature duck formula, it is limited ingredient and will help. Add a probiotic to his routine and if necessary you can use one daily Zyrtec or Claritin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
About 4 yrs ago Iā€™ve posted a video of an EB named Sausage with idiopathic tremors. The video is down but some of us members in here saw it with our own eyes the owner used frankincense oil. He put a drop on each paw pad n inside inner top ear. Took like 30 secs n tremors stopped. As most knows Iā€™m a firm believer in that oil. Also I can suggest is if he has epilepsy/seizures which I have a few friends that do and once one collapsed in front of me. So yes definitely change the diet. If I had one of my dogs having seizures, he/she would be on a keto diet. Meaning high fats n zero carbs. Ketogenic diet was studied on humans since 1920. Back then they even tested children with epilepsy. This diet works n one of my good friends has been following keto cause I told her about it n to this day she never had a seizure. In dogs basically would be a raw diet n add a good high fat like EVOO, MCT which needs to be monitored as it gives loose stools so a teaspoon a day is great n avocado oil.... Hereā€™s a thread that can help you understand. I will post this in my holistic thread so others can understand how keto works for epilepsy, cancer n more...

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/ketogenic-diet-for-dogs/

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
About 4 yrs ago Iā€™ve posted a video of an EB named Sausage with idiopathic tremors. The video is down but some of us members in here saw it with our own eyes the owner used frankincense oil. He put a drop on each paw pad n inside inner top ear. Took like 30 secs n tremors stopped. As most knows Iā€™m a firm believer in that oil. Also I can suggest is if he has epilepsy/seizures which I have a few friends that do and once one collapsed in front of me. So yes definitely change the diet. If I had one of my dogs having seizures, he/she would be on a keto diet. Meaning high fats n zero carbs. Ketogenic diet was studied on humans since 1920. Back then they even tested children with epilepsy. This diet works n one of my good friends has been following keto cause I told her about it n to this day she never had a seizure. In dogs basically would be a raw diet n add a good high fat like EVOO, MCT which needs to be monitored as it gives loose stools so a teaspoon a day is great n avocado oil.... Hereā€™s a thread that can help you understand. I will post this in my holistic thread so others can understand how keto works for epilepsy, cancer n more...

I forgot all about Sausage until you posted this... yes, his tremors stopped within seconds of using the oil

OP
jtyson

jtyson

Feb 28, 2021
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Welcome to EBN and thank you for rescuing this sweet boy!

As you mentioned, you need to establish alpha with him... if he is treat driven use it to your advantage... nothing in life is free will work really well for you.

Allergies... try Zingnature duck formula, it is limited ingredient and will help. Add a probiotic to his routine and if necessary you can use one daily Zyrtec or Claritin

I'll look into that food. Not familiar with it. He was getting yogurt with his food the first couple weeks at the suggestion of the rescue but that resulted in some loose stools so it got cut.

When I've got a bit more time I'll look at the link. I am honestly back and forth on homeopathic anything in both people and dogs. I know that there are natural remedies for many things, but I find that there is a lot of snake oil out there and a lot of people buying into what they want to believe works, whether it actually does or not. Not saying that applies here, just a general statement from what I've seen.

Here is the clip if anyone wants to see a portion of what the seizure looked like. https://youtu.be/XzmLaZ6E47I

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'll look into that food. Not familiar with it. He was getting yogurt with his food the first couple weeks at the suggestion of the rescue but that resulted in some loose stools so it got cut.

When I've got a bit more time I'll look at the link. I am honestly back and forth on homeopathic anything in both people and dogs. I know that there are natural remedies for many things, but I find that there is a lot of snake oil out there and a lot of people buying into what they want to believe works, whether it actually does or not. Not saying that applies here, just a general statement from what I've seen.

Here is the clip if anyone wants to see a portion of what the seizure looked like. https://youtu.be/XzmLaZ6E47I

Sweet boy... I hope the frankincense works, please give it a try. Iā€™m gonna try and fine the video.
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] and [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] both have experience with epilepsy.... ther are many threads and article from them on this forum

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sweet boy... I hope the frankincense works, please give it a try. Iā€™m gonna try and fine the video.
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] and [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] both have experience with epilepsy.... ther are many threads and article from them on this forum

Itā€™s on my Essential oil thread page 11 towards bottom. But it wonā€™t open. Try your end let me know.

Shirley Wigglebutt

Jan 16, 2021
Country
N/A
Bulldog(s) Names
N/A
Itā€™s on my Essential oil thread page 11 towards bottom. But it wonā€™t open. Try your end let me know.

I have that three saved page. It opened page 11 just fine for me. Is this the post you were looking for?

Default Re: Essential Oils
Below is a link one of our member uses Frankincense essential oil to STOP tremors on his little guy Sausage. Check it out! Good job [MENTION=6424]Tank1023[/MENTION] !!

https://www.facebook.com/jerry.monte...14983522840126

This is my little guy sausage he has idiopathic tremors. We use frankincense essential oils on pads and ears and it goes away.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I have that three saved page. It opened page 11 just fine for me. Is this the post you were looking for?

Below is a link one of our member uses Frankincense essential oil to STOP tremors on his little guy Sausage. Check it out! Good job [MENTION=6424]Tank1023[/MENTION] !!

This is my little guy sausage he has idiopathic tremors. We use frankincense essential oils on pads and ears and it goes away.

When I tried to open it using the above link, it says link broken.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I have that three saved page. It opened page 11 just fine for me. Is this the post you were looking for

Wait just noticed you basically copy paste. Says page was removed. :(

Arleigh

Jan 6, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie and Oscar
Congratulations on your bulldog! He is a cutie!

I give both of our Bulldogs fish oil daily. It has helped with the allergies. I also give Reggie foot baths in apple cider vinegar and water. Pretty soon, we will start Oscar on the foot baths. These really help to kill the fungus in their foot pads and toe folds.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.