Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie needing advice or reassurance.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster 2013 - Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 RIP
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Newbie needing advice or reassurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Wigglebutt View Post
    The cost isn't an issue for me but I definitely wasn't expecting $54.00 for 25lb bag, so I'm honest in telling others so they don't have the shock I did especially being a first time EBD parent. Just giving a heads up basically on the cost for Zignature. A bag lasts me the better part of a month, so yeah if you weigh out cost vs how long it lasts, it evens out and in the long run isn't all that expensive to feed good and great quality food to our babies. Just an initial shock when first buying. The feeding instructions aren't very clear, what they really mean on the bag by serving size is daily feeding, not a single feeding, found that out the hard way lol! To me a serving is an individual meal.
    Yeah, you have to watch out for those serving sizes (and what they recommend especially!!) A bag of Zignature lasts me 6 - 7 weeks and that is for two dogs. Buster who weighs 65 lbs and my 25 lb Dachshund. I have to watch their weight closely as they both tend to pack on the lbs if I am not careful. Buster gets 2/3 cup twice a day and the doxie 1/3 cup twice a day. I also give them both a good helping of frozen green beans and carrots as a topper and the odd chicken livers. Plus of course, treats for being good boys! As @ddene says, the cost varies with the protein. Mine have been on Salmon for quite a while but I have just bought Duck as the fish breath was not fun!

Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Lynne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shirley WiggleButt
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Chumly View Post
    Yeah, you have to watch out for those serving sizes (and what they recommend especially!!) A bag of Zignature lasts me 6 - 7 weeks and that is for two dogs. Buster who weighs 65 lbs and my 25 lb Dachshund. I have to watch their weight closely as they both tend to pack on the lbs if I am not careful. Buster gets 2/3 cup twice a day and the doxie 1/3 cup twice a day. I also give them both a good helping of frozen green beans and carrots as a topper and the odd chicken livers. Plus of course, treats for being good boys! As @ddene says, the cost varies with the protein. Mine have been on Salmon for quite a while but I have just bought Duck as the fish breath was not fun!

The bag says 2 cups per serving.... to me a serving is a meal. Uhhh you know what I did.... Shirley gained over 5 lbs in 1 week! She was already hefty for a female at 51.6 lbs. I weigh her every time we go to petsmart. So when the small bag the rescue sent home with us was gone and I went and bought the big bag, I asked and was set straight that a serving is for daily, not per meal. So I cut her to the 1 cup twice a day and she did get back to 51.8 lbs. she has grooming appt for Monday so will see how she's maintaining.
    Fish breath isn't the worst part... it's the farts and poop!!! OMG Shirley was gassy and I had to roll windows down in the car 3 times just to get to town last time we went to town (20 minute drive)!!!!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Shirley Wigglebutt If you have an appointment for grooming at Petsmart, please don't leave her alone there, or take her somewhere else. There have been several dog deaths grooming's at PetSmart(which they never acknowledge!)
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

5. Likes 1Chumly liked this post
    Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Lynne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shirley WiggleButt
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    @Shirley Wigglebutt If you have an appointment for grooming at Petsmart, please don't leave her alone there, or take her somewhere else. There have been several dog deaths grooming's at PetSmart(which they never acknowledge!)

I take Shirley to petsmart because they're the only place with express service while I wait. I don't leave her there. I won't take her to a groomer or vet for grooming to drop off and she gets put back in a cage until they call me to come get her, usually at the end of business. I refuse to let Shirley be put back in a cage after living most of her life in one. Won't even get a crate.

7. Likes 2BullyMama, cefe13, 1Chumly liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Wigglebutt View Post
    I take Shirley to petsmart because they're the only place with express service while I wait. I don't leave her there. I won't take her to a groomer or vet for grooming to drop off and she gets put back in a cage until they call me to come get her, usually at the end of business. I refuse to let Shirley be put back in a cage after living most of her life in one. Won't even get a crate.
    Yes, they are the only ones that do it. Our groomer will do that for cases if asked... you drop off, and they groom the pup while you wait or you come back in 30-40 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Wrinkle Wiper
    Real Name
    Lynne
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Shirley WiggleButt
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Yes, they are the only ones that do it. Our groomer will do that for cases if asked... you drop off, and they groom the pup while you wait or you come back in 30-40 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shirley is usually in and out 20-30 minutes and I stay right there at the window. I can't stay inside due to covid but they know I'm right there watching through the window.

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads