KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this community, and just adopted my family's first English Bulldog puppy!

He's only 8 weeks old, and he was the runt of the litter, but he is adorable. We fell in love with him instantly.

My husband has always wanted one, and it took me some time, but I saved up the money and purchased Brisket from a local breeder.

He did not come with papers, and he's a little on the small side, but I saw his parents and they looked like purebred EBs. :)

I am not too concerned about whether or not he's purebred, he has the look of an EB and though he is small, he is feisty! Is that an EB thing? He's also very nippy! He bites everything! I contribute it to his teething and hoping with some training it will dissipate.

I was wondering if you guys can provide some feedback on our Brisket about whether or not he looks purebred, and about his breathing? He tends to sound a little congested sometimes when he sleeps, but when he's up he doesn't at all. I have a vet appointment set for Friday but was hoping for some reassurance until then.

Thanks! IMG_3118.jpg IMG_3108.jpg IMG_3116.jpg

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hello there, baby Brisket! You look adorable!

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Hello there, baby Brisket! You look adorable!

Why thank you! Iā€™ve had some time to adjust to my new home and my new big brother, Oreo the miniature schnauzer seems to be kind of a grumpy Gill but my new mommy and other siblings are just so fun to chase! I love chewing on their shoes and trying to lick their toes ��. I am so happy to be here and learn about your bully babies and how you spoil them too!

- Baby Brisket

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Welcome!
Oh baby brisket you little heartbreaker!!! So adorable!

Iā€™d definitely get his breathing checked out on Friday at the vet might be just a little cold.

And yes, bully puppies are biters and have what I call ā€œterrorist teethā€..it sucks...for a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Welcome!
Oh baby brisket you little heartbreaker!!! So adorable!

Iā€™d definitely get his breathing checked out on Friday at the vet might be just a little cold.

And yes, bully puppies are biters and have what I call ā€œterrorist teethā€..it sucks...for a while...

Haha terrorist teeth, thatā€™s clever. I like that!

I will definitely get it checked out at the vet. I have taken video of his breathing to show the vet. Hopefully they will provide some clarity and itā€™s nothing major. I was hoping it didnā€™t have to do with worms, but he was dewormed at 6 weeks so hoping that wonā€™t be the issue. I worry considering the Brachycephalic breeds.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Welcome!!! They change so much... My white face Jake was a small little guy.. That sure changed.. So donā€™t worry about it. Brisket is a beautiful puppy... Enjoy!

2months ol
FB57E0BC-3985-471B-B55B-2BFBB4C204AC.jpeg

2.5yrs old
82D20D12-D059-42CB-90A1-5965590C00AF.jpeg

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Jake! Meaty meatball!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Brisket is adorable, LOVE the name!!!

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Welcome!!! They change so much... My white face Jake was a small little guy.. That sure changed.. So donā€™t worry about it. Brisket is a beautiful puppy... Enjoy!

2months ol
View attachment 119524

2.5yrs old
View attachment 119525

Oh my goodness! Jake is BEAUTIFUL!!
I know they change a lot, and it really does not concern me how big he gets as long as he's healthy and happy. My husband and I just love the way they waddle and wiggle when they're excited :D

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Brisket is adorable, LOVE the name!!!

Thank you!!

We came across that name when we were looking to adopt a rescue and my husband loved it! He had wanted an EB for as long as I have known him (13+ years) and he wanted to name it Mr. Beefy when he got one (from little Nicky), but when I mentioned that name, he loved it! He had it picked out before we had the puppy picked out lol. Then it just matched perfectly with our little guy. He responded to it right away too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN! Brisket is adorable... love the ears! Congratulations on your new baby

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Welcome to EBN! Brisket is adorable... love the ears! Congratulations on your new baby

Thank you! His ears are pretty bouncy! I love the ā€œArrr?ā€ Look with them lol

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you!!

We came across that name when we were looking to adopt a rescue and my husband loved it! He had wanted an EB for as long as I have known him (13+ years) and he wanted to name it Mr. Beefy when he got one (from little Nicky), but when I mentioned that name, he loved it! He had it picked out before we had the puppy picked out lol. Then it just matched perfectly with our little guy. He responded to it right away too!

We had a bully puppy named Wellie for Beef Wellington... he was the runt of the litter!!!

OP
KrysA724

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
We had a bully puppy named Wellie for Beef Wellington... he was the runt of the litter!!!

Wellie! Love that! Love how the clever names that people come up with for their pets!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Welcome!

Congratulations! Bulldogs will change your life! They are super fun to be around.

Hello Brisket, canā€™t wait to see more of you around here.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.