NEW TO THE COMMUNITY & ENGLISH BULLDOGS

Scotty

Aug 4, 2020
Eagle Point OR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson
Good day all! I'm new the the community and English Bulldogs in general. I'm picking up my first Bully tomorrow morning. His name is "Jackson" he's two, well behaved, a black & white. Very cool boy! The people I'm getting him from have a two year old and a new baby on the way. They are placing him because Jackson being a squirmy boy causes their two year old to fall frequently. Not doing it purposefully, just being playful. They are sad to be parting with him, but grateful he is going to a good home.

I have two other dogs, a Jack Russell Gus that gets on well with Jackson and a female Chihuahua mix Bella. Bella is typical little dog, rules the roost, snippy little chick. She ignored Jackson when they met.

I have been a long time dog owner and past breeder/trainer. I had a Border Collie kennel for 15 years, bred & trained BC's for stock herding, and trialing.

In a half hour of reading last night I got conflicting tales and info from several other sites on feeding, bathing, exercise, etc. I'm very dog savy! I needed to know if the food I was feeding my other two dogs (Taste of the Wild) was going to work for Jackson. I got ample positive feedback here about dog food so feel I'm in the right place for deeper care information.

Having done deep research in the BC days on dog food, I know a thing or two. I fed my BC's Inova "EVO" for the protein content which is also grain free. After the that I began feeding TOTW to my other dogs as it is grain free. Most dog skin allergies are caused by grain fillers in their kibble. Off my soap box : ). I will go tot he FAQ and read about Bully care. I look forward to a long relationship here.

Scotty

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Welcome! This is the best place to be for Bulldog information. You must post a picture of Jackson as soon as possible, it's a requirement!!!

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Hi!

I'm new to this community as well. I just adopted our first EB puppy, and he is adorable! Look forward to getting to know more about the breed and talk to people here that have experience with EBs!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN!!

Grain and chicken free is a great start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Welcome! Sounds like you have good knowledge but owning a bulldog is something totally different than “normal” dogs [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
You are gonna do great! And photos are a must [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Scotty

Aug 4, 2020
Eagle Point OR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson
How do you post photos? I put one up of him in my profile pic. It's not real clear how to post more.

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Welcome Scotty, Jackson, Gus and Bella. Please enjoy your stay and be sure to post plenty of photos of that furry crew of yours.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN, and we would LOVE to see pics!!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Welcome Scotty and Jackson! I have a 1 year old bully named Jackson!! You are going to love it here!! Bullies are QUITE different than Border Collies, but you will figure that out soon enough!:yes:
Hopefully you can get some pictures up soon!! And since he is 2, you have already bypassed the tough puppy shark days!! Welcome!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.