iBully

Jul 19, 2015
Maryland
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Zsa Zsa
Hi everyone,

We got our EB girl Zsa Zsa at 8 weeks old, she is now 12 weeks old. She is my second EB girl. My first EB girl Layla lived almost 12 years. I lost her almost 2 years ago. She was the sweetest love of my life. I couldn't imagine having any other dog but an EB. Now that I have Zsa Zsa I'm worried that I'm comparing her too much to Layla. I don't think or maybe just can't remember Layla being this difficult. Zsa Zsa loves biting a little too much. Our vet said at our first puppy visit that I need to work on her aggressiveness. This has me very worried. I'm reading everything I can find and watching YouTubes for puppy training. I know it takes time and a lot of patience. However, I'd still love to hear advice, particularly for our lovely breed.
Thanks for allowing us to join!
Best to all,
Kelly and Zsa Zsa

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Welcome! Puppies are not agressive, they’re just being puppies with their biting! My girl is 8 months old and is trying to bite my toes at this very second. That’s just what they do. Just say a firm NO BITE and redirect to a toy or something she can chew on. But it’s going to be awhile before she grows out of the puppy biting phase.

Let’s see some pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Great advice! Be patient, firm and redirect when biting occurs. My first bulldog, Bogey, was EXACTLY that way! I really thought I got the spawn of Satan when he was that age. I had never had a puppy so "mouthy". The folks here gave me great advice, let me vent, and made sure I never gave up! Bogey is now 8 years old and is the most loving and gentle soul you ever met. The bad behavior lasted thru the first year, and you just need to find what works for you. The key is to be patient, consistent and do not let it get out of hand. One bit of advice, I found that Bogey's biting got worse when he was tired. Just like a baby, I would put him in his crate when the behavior got bad, and more often than not, he would be asleep in seconds. When he woke, he was his loving gentle self. For an hour. lOL! Be firm, you got this!!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN, and we would LOVE to see pics of your new baby...

The gang gave you great advice... consistency is KEY and making sure to have plenty of appropriate chew toys (KONG, nylabones or antlers absolutely NO rawhide chews). If she continues to chomp on people, put her in a crate for a small "time-out" and she will understand what is acceptable behavior.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN!

Great advice given...consistency and patience are key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mochi

Aug 11, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mochi
Hi Kelly! I just joined today and saw your post. My pup is 12 weeks and I also got her when she was 8 weeks. She is also very mouthy and has bit me, my husband and my daughter a lot and has drawn blood a few times. This has also made me worry about her growing up to be aggressive so I too have been watching puppy training videos non stop. I've even watched every dog whisperer episode hoping I can find ways to stop her from biting. She is very sweet when she's calm but then when she gets hyper in the morning and late afternoon she turns into a shark. I'm really hoping that it's just a phase and that soon she grows out of it. Good luck on your pup and would love to get updates!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor says hi and welcome!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.