Morning!

OP
P

Pperrin

Apr 18, 2011
St. Catharines Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Ah yea, the red eye I guess what I meant was bloodshot eyes. After a few posters mentioned Cherry eye I looked it up and it looks painful :(

L

Lucy-licious

Hi there [MENTION=2241]Pperrin[/MENTION] lots of great advise here already. Lucy is my first Bullie so I too am learning as I go, and a steep learning curve it has been too. You have definitely chosen the right forum though, everyone is happy to help and fun to be involved with.
Enjoy the site there's lots to do and see. Your brindle boy Dozer is a dream by the way :luv:

OP
P

Pperrin

Apr 18, 2011
St. Catharines Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hrm, so it seems there was some confusion between us and the people that gave the dog up. Apparently his name is/was Bowser, we thought it was Dozer... I don't want to confuse the dog so should we go back to calling him Bowser? He doesn't seem to care either way, he is just excited that someone is calling him and loving him, but again I don't want to confuse the poor guy more then he has been already.
Long story short, his original owners fell on hard times and could not keep the dog up (food, care etc) so they gave them to someone that really wasn't capable of caring for bulldog. So they gave him to another family but there was issues with the other dog in the family. We brought him home yesterday and after a few hours it was like he had been here forever, he just fit in (except for the cat's LOL they have never seen a dog before so they are currently hiding somewhere in the house). Anyway... Like always, your opinions and feedback is appreciated!
And yes, he is a studly looking pooch :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I say if he seems happy with the name then stick with what you are calling him, Dozer. Unless you prefer to change. He is amazing by the way! :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He's beautiful, looks bully to me. I don't see any boxer, some bully's are taller than others :). I think if you like Dozer it almost sounds the same, right? Whatever you think would work either way. Many rescues have to name dogs because they come in without them. A new name, and cheers to a new life :up:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
If you say it with love he'll likely answer to anything. Bowzer and Dozer are close enough he probably doesn't even notice the difference. He's a handsome boy. :luv:

We found that once we got HRH on the right food for her that her gas diminished almost entirely and so did that doggy odor she had when she was on not so good food. (She's eating Fromm Beef Fritatta and gets grain free low fat no chicken Blue Buffalo treats)

Her red bloodshot eyes got better, not so gooey in the morning, but she does still have some blood shot eyes and the vet said last week she has entropian. She's on drops twice a day right now trying to help that and avoid surgery.

We give her baths every other week. she did go 3 weeks this last time and still didn't get stinky like she would back before we had her on the right food for her.

OP
P

Pperrin

Apr 18, 2011
St. Catharines Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Thanks again for everything, you guys are amazing! You guys have saved me hours of searching and money from buying the wrong products :)
I have always wanted a bull, for many reasons I just hasn't happened till now and I honestly could not be happier.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
As with most dogs, you should bathe when they are dirty. Gator gets one once a week or sometimes two weeks. I just changed his food so I am hoping that will help with many things, including the gas and how often he needs to be bathed. The eyes could be environmental allergies since it is spring but next time he goes to the vet or if they are really watery, I would have the vet take the look just in case.

He is really gorgeous! Congratulations on your new addition.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
He is a very handsome young man (bully)!!! He definitely is a bully. Some are a bit longer legged than others and they usually grow up and then fill out so his longleggedness may not last. But that head,,,,,, THAT is bully all the way. Congrats!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.