Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Morning!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lil Miss Bailey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Morning!

Welcome to the group. And yes you will find some conflicting advice on this forum. Its trial and error with a bullie. Somethings are great for some and not for others. Keep in mind that some of the responses you are getting for food, ex(fromm) eye drops, can be for people promoting the brand because they are feed store owners or sell products. Which is not a bad thing at all. But it may not work for you are be available in your area. Keep the food as natural as you can. If you can find a Vet who knows bullies well is the best advice regarding health issues. Grooming a bullie is a given. My Ms Bailey requires her tail dock cleaned daily sometimes twice. she hates her eyes cleaned but the loves the ears cleaned. If she does smell it is usually from her skin folds. Than we wrestle lol. Good Luck you will find the right mix that works for you! Jan

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the welcome and the advice already posted
    Here's a couple of pix of Dozer, I think he may have a little boxer in there somewhere, cause his build seems a bit different then the typical bulldog.
    I love the brindle coloring, you can see the remains of the rug burn on his chin but it's nearly gone.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Sergeant Mako (Sarge)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! I have a little experience with all of your bullie questions! The gas for Sarge is better or worse depending on the food - because we do not have a store here where I can buy FROMM easily I use Nature Variety Instinct (NVI) and it seems to be helping ALOT and we've cut out some of the fatty treats (like Beggin Strips) and replaced with fruit/veggies/etc. The eye thing - if you are talking about bloodshot eyes, Sarge has these and the severity changes depending on the time of year (allergies), but by the end of the day his eyes are usually red. I am trying eye drops because I have a feeling they are dry due to his three cherry eye surgeries... Which leads us to the cherry eye - if you are talking about cherry eye, when we first got Sarge he had both cherry eyes show up at less than 6 months old. At the time the vet we were using suggested immediate surgery to prevent "damage from occuring" ... a botched surgery later, another to fix the botched eye and surgery on the other eye, and quite a few vet bills later I learn that really surgery is not necessary and can be managed with simple massages It definitely is a trial and error with bulldogs but I'm glad you are getting involved with a great forum this early on so that hopefully you can avoid some mistakes that others have made (especially me!!) And bathtime occurs whenever Sarge jumps into the bathtub (he loves baths) or he's been outside playing in the mud!

Dozer is SO CUTE!!!
    I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

"Mom" to:
    Brussels Griffon/Maltese Mix - Griffon "Giffy" (Aug 2007)
    English Bulldog - Sergeant Mako "Sarge" (Aug 2008)
    Cats - "Big Kitty" and "Little Kitty"

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

@Pperrin..beautiful guy you have!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Ah yea, the red eye I guess what I meant was bloodshot eyes. After a few posters mentioned Cherry eye I looked it up and it looks painful

Lucy-licious

Hi there @Pperrin lots of great advise here already. Lucy is my first Bullie so I too am learning as I go, and a steep learning curve it has been too. You have definitely chosen the right forum though, everyone is happy to help and fun to be involved with.
    Enjoy the site there's lots to do and see. Your brindle boy Dozer is a dream by the way

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Hrm, so it seems there was some confusion between us and the people that gave the dog up. Apparently his name is/was Bowser, we thought it was Dozer... I don't want to confuse the dog so should we go back to calling him Bowser? He doesn't seem to care either way, he is just excited that someone is calling him and loving him, but again I don't want to confuse the poor guy more then he has been already.
    Long story short, his original owners fell on hard times and could not keep the dog up (food, care etc) so they gave them to someone that really wasn't capable of caring for bulldog. So they gave him to another family but there was issues with the other dog in the family. We brought him home yesterday and after a few hours it was like he had been here forever, he just fit in (except for the cat's LOL they have never seen a dog before so they are currently hiding somewhere in the house). Anyway... Like always, your opinions and feedback is appreciated!
    And yes, he is a studly looking pooch

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

I say if he seems happy with the name then stick with what you are calling him, Dozer. Unless you prefer to change. He is amazing by the way!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

He's beautiful, looks bully to me. I don't see any boxer, some bully's are taller than others . I think if you like Dozer it almost sounds the same, right? Whatever you think would work either way. Many rescues have to name dogs because they come in without them. A new name, and cheers to a new life

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

If you say it with love he'll likely answer to anything. Bowzer and Dozer are close enough he probably doesn't even notice the difference. He's a handsome boy.

We found that once we got HRH on the right food for her that her gas diminished almost entirely and so did that doggy odor she had when she was on not so good food. (She's eating Fromm Beef Fritatta and gets grain free low fat no chicken Blue Buffalo treats)

Her red bloodshot eyes got better, not so gooey in the morning, but she does still have some blood shot eyes and the vet said last week she has entropian. She's on drops twice a day right now trying to help that and avoid surgery.

We give her baths every other week. she did go 3 weeks this last time and still didn't get stinky like she would back before we had her on the right food for her.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! Dozer is very handsome!!! As many have said Fromm is an awesome food and the gas is minimal to none...you should try it out.
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Thanks again for everything, you guys are amazing! You guys have saved me hours of searching and money from buying the wrong products
    I have always wanted a bull, for many reasons I just hasn't happened till now and I honestly could not be happier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads