First Bulldog puppy Bubba

Alexander1986

May 12, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba Rolls
Hello there this is our families first puppy, My kids named him Bubba 453A7019-7F54-4651-A9B9-E9C2335DA0E5.jpeg
Doing research on what kibble you feed him, I chose canidae but ever since heā€™s starting have a strong dog odor, I appreciate any suggestions

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello there this is our families first puppy, My kids named him Bubba View attachment 119085
Doing research on what kibble you feed him, I chose canidae but ever since heā€™s starting have a strong dog odor, I appreciate any suggestions

Welcome! Bubba is adorable!!!!

I always suggest Acana single protein bags. Start with Duck as itā€™s easier to digest. Acana has one of the highest ā€œmeat ā€œ protein n barely uses legumes as another source of protein with is not meat. Their %of legumes is only 3-6% :) Most companies will have a lot of legumes or peas which is more as a filler n they get away with indicating on the front bag high protein. Absolutely read the ingredients in the back n not the front.since Bubba is a pup, to avoid allergies, you must rotate protein after each bag. So after Duck, you can take fish or pork or lamb.... the more different protein a puppy eats the less allergies youā€™ll deal with. Weā€™ve all been there. Same time you can monitor IF Bubba develops an allergy towards a protein. Much easier when you buy one protein bag. My dogs eat raw. If you want to eliminate the risk of future allergies, licking paws, yeasty ears, raw is the way to go. A lot of members will testify to that. That being said, you can stay with Acana but a healthy gut n immune system, simply add organs as a topper on the meals. Go to your grocery store, pick up example, beef liver n beef heart. Can be chicken organs too as both my dogs as pups were introduced to chicken as pups n to this day never has chicken issues. Yes feed chicken as pups. So chop up in small pieces. I use to freeze them in little ziploc bags. Like that itā€™s always on hand. Add about 1/4cup as topper. Just a raw topper is ā€œalmostā€ as good as a raw diet. For treats a lot of us uses, natural fruits n veggies. Raw also is top for a natural probiotic. All dogs need probiotics as they all need to have a good gut flora for a stronger immune system. I donā€™t personally donā€™t use vitamins as raw has everything a dog needs. I only it as ā€œfood wiseā€. Read the link Iā€™ve attached and you will be well guided.

You can also type into the search box top right. Youā€™ll find tons of great info..
or ask away :)

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/57090-holistic-approach.html

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Bubba is adorable, we recommend going to Dog Food Reviews and Ratings | Dog Food Advisor for food recommendations... based on your area, and what your budget allows.

I started my bullies on Fromm's puppy food, and now they eat Acana single proteins and Primal raw patties.

KimberlyS

Apr 20, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba
Hi and welcome! Iā€™m new to this site and itā€™s great youā€™ll love it! My bulldog is also named Bubba!! Welcome to you both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
Hello and welcome! Enjoy the time as a puppy they grow up so so fast!

you've gotten some great suggestions on how to go about food. From our experience we've fed Moose grain free and switch companies a couple of times until we settled on one. Be very slow in your transition as they have sensitive tummies. Also, some are allergic to different types of protein, etc. so be on the lookout for that. Ultimately it will come down for you to quality and price...we feed Moose N&D and he loves it.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor says his to baby Bubba!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN, Bubba is adorable!

as for food, if going kibble makes sure you go four or five star grain free and try to avoid chicken as lots of bulldogs have issues with it. Other poultry is fine, my guys are one raw but I use to feed Fromm pork/peas or Game bird.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.