Hello! New Bulldog owner

HeatherPyle

Apr 11, 2020
Allentown, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha
Good Morning Everyone! My name is Heather and I am a new Bulldog owner. Mocha is 5 weeks old today and she will be coming home is a few short weeks. I have spent alot of time researching the breed and learning as much as I can. I am so glad I happened upon this site while doing research. I am here to learn as much as I can so I can be a successful pet owner. I haven't owned a pet in 20 or so years.

Look forward to meet and exchanging thoughts with everyone!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor says his and looks forward to seeing pics of Mocha when she comes home.

This is a great forum!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
:welcome4:

Welcome to EBN. There is tons of great info in here. We have very knowledgeable members thatā€™s willing to help. Guess we know Mochaā€˜s colour? :) We also LOVEEEE photos.

Only advice for now when furball comes home is get yourself a vet that knows bullies, seriously do, you wonā€™t regret it. Thereā€™s a list posted of recommended bully vets in US. We do have a member that lives in NJ. Next best advice is start puppy on a high quality kibble like Acana. Even better start with a raw diet. And last, never have all vaccines done in one shot. :no: split them up. Some pups have hard time with all the side effects. No rush either, so very wise to split them up. :)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Welcome! Can't wait to meet your new buddy!

OP
H

HeatherPyle

Apr 11, 2020
Allentown, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha
received_510876306260034.jpegreceived_2500211493528964.jpeg

Hello helsonwheels! Yes, as you can see how Mocha got her name (within a few minutes of meeting her:)) You answered so many quick questions right from the start for me! Thank you! I found Acana pet food on Castlewood Bulldog site. They have a "puppy supply list I have been working from and Acana is on the list! I would love to start her on raw food actually. I am looking for a doctor that specializes in Bulldogs...I am going to have to find the NJ member and see if I can get a referral.

Thank you so much for the help!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN! Mocha is adorable!

I feed raw which I buy premed, frozen and shipped to my home. The owner is in Poco o area and the processing facility is in NJ. If interested I can send you the link.

here is a list of member recommended vets in NJ
~NEW JERSEY~

Creek's Edge Animal Hospital
Dr. Christopher Keefe
Hainesport, N.J. 08036
609-702-9939

Flemington Veterinary Hospital
54 Voorhees Corner Road
Flemington, NJ 08822
flemingtonvethospital.com

Red Bank Veterinary Hospital
24 hour Emergency Service
197 Hance Ave.
Tinton Falls, NJ
732-747-3636
www.rbvh.net

Rutherford Animal Hospital
Dr. Sing
755 Rutherford Ave
Rutherford NJ 07070
201-933-4111

Holistic Pet Care
Dr Buchoff
125 Paterson Ave
Little Falls, NJ 07424
973-256-3899

Dr. DeBiasio
Livingston Animal Hospital
Livingston, NJ 07039

OP
H

HeatherPyle

Apr 11, 2020
Allentown, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Thanks for the list of vets.

Sure, I would like the link.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Thanks for the list of vets.

Sure, I would like the link.

There you go, da list. Try to meet them if you want so you get a better feel. Mind you right now you dont want to wonder NY surrounding.

Definitely if you start a puppy on raw would be the best thing youā€™ll ever do for Mocha. You can order also online. Im in Canada so I cannot really help you where to buy but like you saw with the vet address these members are on the ball to help everyone. Iā€™m more the holistic way n essential oil person...when you do any protein, start with one meat protein at a time. Like that you can monitor ā€œ ifā€ any allergies. Puppies donā€™t usually have allergies just yet but definitely do give chicken immediately so Mochaā€™s immune system will get use to n build up good protection. Always rotate your meat protein so eventually Mocha can eat anything and have no problem down the road. I would rotate every 2-3 weeks with raw when my dogs were pups. I still do. Nyala is 4.5 n Jake is 3ish. Neither have allergies. I donā€™t buy raw with veggies or fruits in it as I prefer monitor their veggies and fruits. I personally rather they eat more meat. Go on page12 of this thread below n youā€™ll find everything you need. And yes you can always ask. Weā€™re all here to help..

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/your-bulldog-s-health/57090-holistic-approach-12.html

medsakord

Nov 24, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Casthy
Hi! And where did you look for information when choosing a breed? By what criteria did you choose a bulldog? I am currently reading information about dogs on https://www.bestpetstips.com/pet-animals/. I also want to choose a breed that is perfect for me. After all, a dog is part of the family and it is very important to take care of it properly. This is a big responsibility and I want to approach this issue seriously. Therefore, I am looking for all possible information about dogs, their habits and breed characteristics. If someone advises me something, I will be very glad.

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WELCOME TO EBN!!! Mocha is absolutely adorable :love:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online