Brunothebull

Mar 28, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi everyone!
We got a english bulldog puppy named Bruno. Heā€™s been really active and is just the best dog a person can ask for. Heā€™s 8 weeks old. So recently heā€™s been having soft stool. We took him to the vet and the vet said heā€™s clear of parasites or anything else. He told us not to worry and that everything is okay with him. Yesterday he had normal stool and then at 12 Am he had soft stool again. We transitioned him slowly and we feed him royal canin. I read previous posts so now we are trying to order a different food for him. We told the vet today about his soft stool again and he said that itā€™s okay and to give him the liquid medicine which we give him when he has it. We thought maybe itā€™s the amount of food we give him? Heā€™s always begging for more food and running to the closet with the food in it. We feed him 4 times and half a cup each time. The doctor said we should feed him
Every time heā€™s asking because heā€™s still a puppy and needs his nutrients, etc. Weā€™re really worried with his stool and donā€™t know what to do. Please help.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone!
We got a english bulldog puppy named Bruno. Heā€™s been really active and is just the best dog a person can ask for. Heā€™s 8 weeks old. So recently heā€™s been having soft stool. We took him to the vet and the vet said heā€™s clear of parasites or anything else. He told us not to worry and that everything is okay with him. Yesterday he had normal stool and then at 12 Am he had soft stool again. We transitioned him slowly and we feed him royal canin. I read previous posts so now we are trying to order a different food for him. We told the vet today about his soft stool again and he said that itā€™s okay and to give him the liquid medicine which we give him when he has it. We thought maybe itā€™s the amount of food we give him? Heā€™s always begging for more food and running to the closet with the food in it. We feed him 4 times and half a cup each time. The doctor said we should feed him
Every time heā€™s asking because heā€™s still a puppy and needs his nutrients, etc. Weā€™re really worried with his stool and donā€™t know what to do. Please help.

Welcome to EBN.. Royal Canin is full of grains n so not good. If youā€™re going to stick with kibbles go with Acana single protein bags. Start with Duck easier to digest. But since heā€™s a pup, I definitely would start him with a raw diet. You will avoid so many allergies n health issues. Also a raw diet comes out to the same price as a high quality kibble like Acana. Also do buy organic pumpkin purĆ©e. It 100% pumpkin so itā€™s NOT the ones for pies. Give 2 tablespoon 2x a day it will help stop the diarrhea. :) 2 cups a day for now till you get the diarrhea back on track is ok. But once all is over you might want to up to 3 cups a day. Get some fresh or frozen green beans as a snack or 100% dry liver. Stick to ā€œrealā€ food n never commercial treat like Purina. Mind you simply stay away from purina, Royal Canin, science hill... Stick to real food! :)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I like to steam my green beans in a tiny bit of water in the microwave for about 1:50 , then wash them in some cold water to clean them and cool them, before I give it to my bully as a snack. As [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] has pointed out before, green beans are one of the highest pesticide containing vegetables you can buy, so it's good to wash them off.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Stephr90

Jun 12, 2020
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
Hi there my little bulldog bruno was the same at 8weeks he had it on and off for a couple of weeks also sometimes with blood in it. We had him at the vets and found out he is intolerant to chicken and grain we where using royal canin as well so could be his food. Worth a check.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online