Hello Everyone! We just joined, and look forward to getting to know you all.

Meaty6051

Feb 16, 2020
Colorado
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Meatball Christopher (deceased)
IMG-20160728-WA0000 (2018_04_07 05_15_39 UTC).jpg My name is Meatball Christopher, and I am 10 years old, living in Colorado with my mum (who is English, as you can tell!). My mum has loved browsing your site, and seeing how you all share your tips and advice. I am having some itchy problems at the moment. I had a shot from the vet on Friday, but doesn't seem to be working so far. Mum has always fed me Rachel Ray Nutrish JUST 6, with some Hills Science Diet wet food mixed in. She also started giving me CBD oil, to see is it helped my joints and skin - but nothing seems to have helped much. She said she is now going to order me some new food, from the 6 star recommendations, and we'll see how we do with that. I eat a lot of Milk Bones. Are they bad for me too? Mum is suggesting we get expensive treats and I get less of them, but I am not sure I like that idea!!!::ohmy:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hello there, Meatball Christopher, says Castor (who thinks your harness looks very smart!). Cannot offer any advice on the itching but we wish you welcome to the forum!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
View attachment 118509 My name is Meatball Christopher, and I am 10 years old, living in Colorado with my mum (who is English, as you can tell!). My mum has loved browsing your site, and seeing how you all share your tips and advice. I am having some itchy problems at the moment. I had a shot from the vet on Friday, but doesn't seem to be working so far. Mum has always fed me Rachel Ray Nutrish JUST 6, with some Hills Science Diet wet food mixed in. She also started giving me CBD oil, to see is it helped my joints and skin - but nothing seems to have helped much. She said she is now going to order me some new food, from the 6 star recommendations, and we'll see how we do with that. I eat a lot of Milk Bones. Are they bad for me too? Mum is suggesting we get expensive treats and I get less of them, but I am not sure I like that idea!!!::ohmy:

Welcome handsome fella! yes,mum needs a better food... no chicken and grain free. And, unfortunately, she is also right - Milk Bones are bad... YUK!
Better treats are frozen greens beans, Pure bites, Stella and Chewy meal toppers, Fruitable minis -- to name a few

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Hello Meaty...you're a very handsome boy & could pass for 6. Time to move on from the Milk Bones. Try some of the smaller sized treats from Honest Kitchen, Smooches, Nuzzles, Cuddles, and Pecks. Size does matter too. Keeping weight in check on an older Bulldogs is very important...better for joints, muscles, and Heart!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN Meaty!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:hiya:Welcome Meaty!! Perhaps you should try a good quality, grain free dog food! Better quality foods are usually in specialty shops, or online-not grocery stores.
You are quite a handsome boy, Meaty-looking good!

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Welcome to EBN. Jewel and Bentley get Fromm's treats as they are low in fat and grain free.

Bentley has allergies and is now on immunotherapy. His allergies are due to environmental factors...trees, grasses, and a few other allergens.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Welcome Meatball Christopher! You are a very handsome lad!
As others have said, dump the milk bones and look for grain-free food. My Monty loved blueberries and strawberries as a treat (but never give grapes, ever).

BTW, as a fellow Brit, I love the harness!! :flag43:

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Hello you sweet lookin meatball :p you are absolutely handsome!

Others have already given you great advise.. good food is very important..

as far as treats, I do blueberries, banana, fruitables, Orijen 6 fish, freeze dried iclandic cod and any fresh vegetables like carrots, broccoli, green beans and celery
https://www.grandmalucys.com/products/singles-ocean-white-fish

Welcome to our wonderful group.. we look forward to hearing lots more from you!

tigertanktoo

Mar 31, 2019
SW Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gabe - EBD 7 yrs old and Charlie - Cockerspaniel 15 yrs old
Gabe, Charlie and I would like to welcome Mr. Meatball Christopher to the group. Lots of great advice here. We hope you enjoy your stay and that you get over what ever it is that is ailing you very soon.

Charlie and Gabe.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online