BlueEyeBully

Jan 3, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hello everyone! I havenā€™t owned a puppy/dog in so long and just got a new blue Merle English Bulldog. Still looking for a name for him. Also, I need help in any food and snack recommendations as I have been reading a lot on FDA and recalls. What can I feed him, he is 8 weeks old now and trying to figure out what to buy in terms of dry food, or what raw food to give him. Also I have read that goat milk is good for them? If so how much should I give him a day? Is cod liver oil good for them or should I wait until he is older?

Thank You all in advance!!

C377DCDA-8F4F-4A43-8628-98511CEC4C96.jpeg

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello everyone! I havenā€™t owned a puppy/dog in so long and just got a new blue Merle English Bulldog. Still looking for a name for him. Also, I need help in any food and snack recommendations as I have been reading a lot on FDA and recalls. What can I feed him, he is 8 weeks old now and trying to figure out what to buy in terms of dry food, or what raw food to give him. Also I have read that goat milk is good for them? If so how much should I give him a day? Is cod liver oil good for them or should I wait until he is older?

Thank You all in advance!!

View attachment 118215

OMGosh !!! He is so beautiful !!!!! Sorry that I cannot help with your questions, more experiences members will be along soon. BUT if you need suggestions on names....how about MERLE ?? As in Haggard LOL

Anyhow, welcome to you and your stunning pup!!

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph
Congrats! He looks like a Rufus to me! I avoid Chicken and Turkey, but i'm sure all Bulldogs are different, Ralph gets sore feet if he has chick/turkey! We also were advised to take him off Raw food, but again everyone knows their dog! Good luck you're in for some fun! RP.png ralph says hi

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your new baby is adorable... if you click on the Forum tab at the top of the page, you will see many threads with topics for bringing home a new baby. We have advice on dry & raw food... of course you can ask questions along the way. We are so glad you decided to join us here at EBN!!!

OP
B

BlueEyeBully

Jan 3, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
OMGosh !!! He is so beautiful !!!!! Sorry that I cannot help with your questions, more experiences members will be along soon. BUT if you need suggestions on names....how about MERLE ?? As in Haggard LOL

Anyhow, welcome to you and your stunning pup!!

Thank You!! And thatā€™s a great one because I actually love Merle Haggard lol

OP
B

BlueEyeBully

Jan 3, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Thank You! Yes I read a little of everything and see some react better to raw and others to dry good. I guess I will start with something and go from there! Thank You!!

- - - Updated - - -

:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your new baby is adorable... if you click on the Forum tab at the top of the page, you will see many threads with topics for bringing home a new baby. We have advice on dry & raw food... of course you can ask questions along the way. We are so glad you decided to join us here at EBN!!!

Thank You!!! Yes I have spent a few days reading through these, theyā€™re very helpful!!!

- - - Updated - - -

That is one gorgeous pup!

Thank You ��

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Thank You!! And thatā€™s a great one because I actually love Merle Haggard lol

SAME!! Around this house you better not EVER turn off Merle Haggard tune OR turn the volume down....If you're a Merle fan then you'll agree.....Can NEVER be too loud :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN! What a cutie pie.... go with Merle for a name

I suggest raw if you are willing... it is the best for them. Treats, i use Stella and Chewy's meal toppers (dehydrated raw). Goats milk... Just a little, don't need much. I never measured for Lambeau, sorry -- i go by the size of the bowl :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Thank You all in advance!! View attachment 118215

Beautiful fur baby!! Congrats!! Merle would be a great name. And when you get upset at him which will be kinda hard , youā€™ll be saying....Merlelyyyyy

Regarding food, I would agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]. Go raw now since heā€™s a pup. I would be careful not to over do it with everything at once like goatā€™s milk, cod liver oil etc if youā€™re going raw. Raw already has itā€™s own probiotics, oils, vitamins.... And yes, DO give chicken, turkey. Rotation is the key to avoid allergies as the pupā€™s body will be use to it. I feed my 2 chicken n turkey without issues as they were fed all meats since pups. You sure wonā€™t regret it if you go raw immediately. Youā€™ll avoid skin issues, yeast infection, tear stains, ear infection......Which means youā€™ll see less of your vet. Also find a vet that knows bullies. Shop around.

Some members can give you great places to buy online. Iā€™m in Canada so that wonā€™t work...

Congrats!!!

OP
B

BlueEyeBully

Jan 3, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Welcome to EBN! What a cutie pie.... go with Merle for a name

I suggest raw if you are willing... it is the best for them. Treats, i use Stella and Chewy's meal toppers (dehydrated raw). Goats milk... Just a little, don't need much. I never measured for Lambeau, sorry -- i go by the size of the bowl :)

Thank you :)

OP
B

BlueEyeBully

Jan 3, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Beautiful fur baby!! Congrats!! Merle would be a great name. And when you get upset at him which will be kinda hard , youā€™ll be saying....Merlelyyyyy

Regarding food, I would agree with [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]. Go raw now since heā€™s a pup. I would be careful not to over do it with everything at once like goatā€™s milk, cod liver oil etc if youā€™re going raw. Raw already has itā€™s own probiotics, oils, vitamins.... And yes, DO give chicken, turkey. Rotation is the key to avoid allergies as the pupā€™s body will be use to it. I feed my 2 chicken n turkey without issues as they were fed all meats since pups. You sure wonā€™t regret it if you go raw immediately. Youā€™ll avoid skin issues, yeast infection, tear stains, ear infection......Which means youā€™ll see less of your vet. Also find a vet that knows bullies. Shop around.

Some members can give you great places to buy online. Iā€™m in Canada so that wonā€™t work...

Congrats!!!

Thank You:) how do you recommend prepping the chicken? And what veggies should I add on there?
Also is there any specific way to wash the chicken after purchased and before giving it to him?

Thank You again!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank You:) how do you recommend prepping the chicken? And what veggies should I add on there?
Also is there any specific way to wash the chicken after purchased and before giving it to him? Thank You again!!

From what Iā€™m reading youā€™re buying it at the grocery stores....

Follow these guidelines in the link below. There are ratios you need to follow which are very simple. Needs meat, organs, bones......

In the link you can omit the rice n oats... I personally would not add that.. add more veggies instead for fiber...

https://dogsfirst.ie/raw-faq/raw-diet-for-dogs/

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
If youā€™re going to DIY raw for a puppy, make sure you find puppy specific ratios and nutrients to give. They need different from adults. It might be best to find a commercial raw that is already completely balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BlueEyeBully

Jan 3, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
From what Iā€™m reading youā€™re buying it at the grocery stores....

Follow these guidelines in the link below. There are ratios you need to follow which are very simple. Needs meat, organs, bones......

In the link you can omit the rice n oats... I personally would not add that.. add more veggies instead for fiber...

https://dogsfirst.ie/raw-faq/raw-diet-for-dogs/

Thank You!!!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.