9 week old English Bulldog

dfritz19

Oct 21, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
We just bought this beautiful bulldog last week and are new to the forum. I wanted to join to get insight from EB owners. The one question I would like to get advice on is the pet food. We are currently feeding her Fromm. It seems that her poop is not consistently formed. Some times it is more like a mush texture. Any tips or insight on how to get her poop more formed? Also, any chew toys that u guys really like? It seems she likes my kids feet right now. Lol.

IMG_2624.JPGIMG_2624.JPG

Thanks,

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Congratulations!! She is absolutely gorgeous!! As for her poop- usually soft serve indicates overfeeding. The food gurus here ( they are awesome!) Will be here shortly to give advice. They got me thru my trials and tribulations 7 years ago with my first EBD! I now have my second who is 11 weeks old! Fromms is a great food! My breeder had me overfeeding Jackson and I had the same issues. I cut back and stools firmed right up! Add some pure pumpkin- its great for digestion. Hang on, you are in for a wonderful wild ride! Best advice I can give- routine, consistency and PATIENCE!! Welcome! The people here will get you through anything!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Congratulations!! She is absolutely gorgeous!! As for her poop- usually soft serve indicates overfeeding. The food gurus here ( they are awesome!) Will be here shortly to give advice. They got me thru my trials and tribulations 7 years ago with my first EBD! I now have my second who is 11 weeks old! Fromms is a great food! My breeder had me overfeeding Jackson and I had the same issues. I cut back and stools firmed right up! Add some pure pumpkin- its great for digestion. Hang on, you are in for a wonderful wild ride! Best advice I can give- routine, consistency and PATIENCE!! Welcome! The people here will get you through anything!!

:goodpost:

I agree w/Mary... I would cut back on the food, I gave my pups Fromm's puppy gold at the start. Nylabones or antlers are the best chews for puppies (in fact Nylabones makes a puppy chew) have several around so she makes a better choice other than your kiddo's feet. Absolutely NO rawhides... they are a chocking hazard!!! KONG also makes great puppy toys, just be mindful to keep an eye out so that she doesn't chew off a hunk.

She is absolutely adorable, CONGRATS on your new baby!!!

OP
D

dfritz19

Oct 21, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of the advice. We were giving her 1/3 cup of Fromms 3x/day. Looks like we were under feeding her based on what Iā€™m reading on the forum. We switched to 1/2 cup yesterday and we will monitor her closely.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of the advice. We were giving her 1/3 cup of Fromms 3x/day. Looks like we were under feeding her based on what Iā€™m reading on the forum. We switched to 1/2 cup yesterday and we will monitor her closely.

1/3 3xa day is not enough for a puppy itā€™s around 2-3 cups a day. Or 2 cups with snacks. Raw frozen Marrow bones is the best for any chewing time. Have your butcher cut them 2-3ā€ long. Feed from frozen.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...-talk/60808-jackson-growing-2.html#post762427

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/think-you-can-avoid-pet-foods-made-in-china/

https://www.darwinspet.com/probiotics-prebiotics-dog/

Jimbo K

Feb 13, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
What a beauty! I agree with all the advice, antlers and nylabone/Kong toys are the best. AVOID SQUEEKERS, youā€™ll end up finding them in your lawn!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beautiful bully baby!! The gang gave great advice.... keep the pictures coming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Agree with all the comments about 1/3 cup 3x day not being enough. We started Jackson on 2 1/2 cups 3x day and that was too much- his stools were very soft. I cut back to 2 cups a day and they firmed up nicely. Even though he gained 6 lbs in 3 weeks, per good advice here, I am not cutting back his kibble amount. He has ALOT of loose skin and will grow into it I am sure!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Agree with all the comments about 1/3 cup 3x day not being enough. We started Jackson on 2 1/2 cups 3x day and that was too much- his stools were very soft. I cut back to 2 cups a day and they firmed up nicely. Even though he gained 6 lbs in 3 weeks, per good advice here, I am not cutting back his kibble amount. He has ALOT of loose skin and will grow into it I am sure!!

I remember one of mine gained 6lbs in one week. But that was only once. Thank god lol

OP
D

dfritz19

Oct 21, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gigi
Thanks everyone. Iā€™ve bumped it up to 2/3 cup to 3x/day. I noticed a red tinge of blood in her stool this morning. I took a sample and will be taking her to the vet to get her next round of immunization shots today. This forum is awesome. Appreciate all of the help!

Rod52

Feb 26, 2015
New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
We just bought this beautiful bulldog last week and are new to the forum. I wanted to join to get insight from EB owners. The one question I would like to get advice on is the pet food. We are currently feeding her Fromm. It seems that her poop is not consistently formed. Some times it is more like a mush texture. Any tips or insight on how to get her poop more formed? Also, any chew toys that u guys really like? It seems she likes my kids feet right now. Lol.

View attachment 117708View attachment 117708

Thanks,

Derek

Do you have pics of your puppy that you took on your own. The pics you posted are from Puppy find. I guess they was screen shots. I want to see the true beauty of this puppy.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone. Iā€™ve bumped it up to 2/3 cup to 3x/day. I noticed a red tinge of blood in her stool this morning. I took a sample and will be taking her to the vet to get her next round of immunization shots today. This forum is awesome. Appreciate all of the help! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stress very often causes bright red blood in puppyā€™s stool. So long itā€™s BRIGHT RED n not dark brown blood. Iā€™ve been through all that when I had my previous as a pup. It was stress. New home, no momma around, new faces n Nyala playing rough with him. If I were you, I would ā€œwaitā€ on the shots till the stools are diagnosed. Immunization shots takes a toll on a body n if only if there is something else going on in the stools, I would fix that first before any shots. Thatā€™s my 2 cents :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.