Newbie about bulldog

sarakayla

Oct 6, 2019
Country
Thailand
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hello. I'm a newbie here. I purposely signed up this forum to learn about this breed. I need to take into many consideration before making a final decision to adopt this breed or not because I have a cat at home. Thank you for approving me here.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello. I'm a newbie here. I purposely signed up this forum to learn about this breed. I need to take into many consideration before making a final decision to adopt this breed or not because I have a cat at home. Thank you for approving me here.

:welcome4: To EBN....

If you’re going to adopt, you need to ask if the specific dog you want to bring home gets along with cats. If they can’t answer your question, I wouldn’t risk it. Also, how’s your cat towards dogs? That’s another question you need to know :)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
How old is the cat? Would you bring a puppy home or an adult? If an adult, yes ask if they get along with cats. A puppy could be easier to train with a cat but it will depend on your cat as well.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Welcome to the forum - Castor says hi! Another consideration for you would have to be climate; if you are in Thailand you will need to make sure you have a very cool house as well as a cool patio / garden if you are thinking about a breed like English bulldog!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

sarakayla

Oct 6, 2019
Country
Thailand
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thank you, everyone, for all of the warm welcomes. My cat is around 3 years old. My cat reacts suspiciously and ran away when seeing a dog (actually my friend's dog, bring home just want to see the reaction). But I think the dog breed some kind of Labrador.

Anyway, I don't want to make any quick decision. It's not a rush thing. If I want to be a first dog owner, so many knowledge that I need to know first.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
My French bulldog doesn't like cats. My previous dog, a border collie/Australian cattle dog mix, loved cats.

OP
S

sarakayla

Oct 6, 2019
Country
Thailand
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Next time maybe I will try to bring a puppy at home. Maybe my cat will act differently. She can blend well with other people. Other animals maybe need practise so that she will get used to it

Amy89

Jun 20, 2019
Country
United kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
Hi welcome. Bruce says Hi.

Bruce is 6 months old now and we got him at 8 weeks. Misty our cat has just turned 10 and we have had her since she was 8 weeks.

They were both a little apprehensive to start with. Misty would just sit on the stairs and watch Bruce. He just wants to play and be friends but Misty isn't so keen.

It hasn't affected Misty so much but they won't be in the same room together. If one walks in the other walks out.

Misty is a house cat and has the upstairs to escape to as a safe place as we do not let Bruce up there. This seems to work well for us.

Your cat is quite a little younger so may take better to a puppy. As they will both be playful. Misty is at a point where she just wants to sit and relax and Bruce is 100mph everywhere.

This is the only picture I have of them together and this took some doing.

20191021_235052.jpg

Jimbo K

Feb 13, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
A285A692-5D95-4B52-9CCA-742C9E2A02CC.jpeg
This took about two years to get to this point. Bella came from a farm where she was in contact with a lot of different animals when she was a pup. She doesn’t show much interest in cats, rabbits, deer, etc. If your dog doesn’t have a strong prey drive they’ll probably do fine. Cats will bond with a dog quicker than they’ll bond with another cat.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online