Greetings From Far Away

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
YAY! I can just imagine how excited you are. I am fairly new here and I can tell you that everyone here is really nice and they have a lot of great information so never hesitate to ask when you have a question.

We litter trained Gator as well as crate training. I LOVED the litter box because when we brought him home there was snow on the ground. I crated him when gone or at night for bed and he never did potty in there (well, once) and then I put his litter box next to his crate so first thing in the morning he would go in there. After he had been here about a month and I had been taking him outside consistently, I removed the litter box and voila! Housetrained. The breeder got him started in the litter so that helped me but I would guess that you would do it the same as paper.

Where did you get him? Do you have a name picked out? What is his coloring? Good luck and don't forget us when you take pictures!

OP

420trader

Apr 12, 2011
South Korea
Thanks for the fast replies! This site has already been extremely helpful; I've just been lurking around the old posts and found so much information. Very glad I joined.

I will definitely upload pics the night I get him which will be tomorrow!!!!!

I left the US for Asia a few years ago for personal reasons (e.g. my outlook on the political and economic arena). I'm staying in Korea with family for a short time while I continue trading currencies and studying (learning Mandarin as well). I'll be moving to Singapore or Shanghai within 2-3 years.

I'm checking out some online Korean pet stores to order supplies. Tomorrow can't come fast enough!

Another thing I'm worried about is I have to go up to Seoul next week. I'm getting my boy on Friday (tomorrow). I live in Daegu but I have an apartment in Seoul also. Going to Seoul takes 1 hour and 45 min on train, but I have to take a cab from the station to my apartment which is about 20-30 min. Will I put too much stress on the pup if I stay in Seoul for a few days and come back to Daegu? Daegu will be his home. I also want to train him right and I'm afraid I might confuse the hell out of him if I have him switch apartments within a week.

Last edited:
OP

420trader

Apr 12, 2011
South Korea
Ah, looks like I missed a few posts.

I've been looking for bully breeders in Korea and was having a tough time surfing the Korean net. I went to a pet shop and they said they would bring a pup or two from a breeder in Kyeongi Do (South Korean province). Now that I'm asking for breeder information and asking a lot of questions, they tell me they can't tell me the breeder information or number. They have a contract together and that I have to ask all my questions through them (the pet store). They also wouldn't tell me the information for bulldog clubs in Daegu, they would tell me after I buy the pup. All these raised flags and have also been pretty annoying.

I got a friend to help me surf the web and I found a breeder about an hour away. I'm going to call them today and see what's going on with them. All pups are adorable, but I want a healthy well-bred dog. Wish me luck! Any tips, I would be more than grateful.

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Honestly, I don't think it will confuse him to go from one place to another. I think as long as there is one constant, YOU, then he will be ok. Can you spend a few days bonding first?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Don't buy from a pet store...period! You must see and get info on parents. Maybe if you pick one out..you could put off picking him up until after your trip to Seoul? I know it would be hard..but might help with settling in for new pup.

OP

420trader

Apr 12, 2011
South Korea
Thanks for the replies again.

I don't like buying from pet shops either, I ended up at one after failing to find breeders here. The pet shop owner told me that they were gonna get from a breeder, they're bringing a pup down today from a breeder (supposedly). I've visited the shop a few times with detailed questions about the breeder but they won't give a lot of info. I'm going to go in today and if they still don't give me any info, parents, registration, etc.; I'm not gonna pick him up (even though all puppies are adorable and it's so hard to resist). I'm going to be having my new best friend for 10 years at least and I don't want to run into health problems (or other problems) constantly. I also want to be able to get in touch with the breeder.

I got in touch with a breeder about an hour away from here after an extensive search on the Korean net. "British Bulldogs" is their name and they have one male pup that's about 2 weeks old right now. I'm going to call at lunch to get more info. I have a list of questions but if there are any significant ones that I may have missed let me know :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Good for you..I hope it's a great healthy boy! You will be a great owner. Can't wait to hear you found one..good luck [MENTION=2199]420trader[/MENTION]

OP

420trader

Apr 12, 2011
South Korea
AHHHHHHIDFJOASDIJFAOIDJFODASifjspadfaps

I had a really long post and I just lost it...ugh.

Basically, I think it's obvious now the pet shop is screwing me. I called and they said they didn't pick up the bullies because they saw that it was an English/french mix and that the 'breeder' was taking them for a ride. They knew it was a mix because of experience; so they are going to find a pup from somewhere else. They told me that they couldn't give me breeder info because they have a contract with the breeder. Now I know that's bs because:

1. They told me they had a contract with the breeder - they wouldn't be looking somewhere else.
2. If it was a breeder, they wouldn't be mixing an English bulldog with a French bulldog.

I got in touch with a real breeder about an hour away from me. He has one male pup available. The price was high but he dropped it to almost match the pet shop after I asked so many questions and showed real interest. He said he's been breeding bullies for 8 years. The pup's three other brothers/sisters died during the C-section birth. Is it advisable to pick up this lone survivor? I'm attracted to him already knowing that he's the only one who lived but I don't know if there are other issues at play that other members on this forum may know much more about. I'll be getting a picture of the pup today or tomorrow and I'm going to visit after that.

Here's the father:

Untitlevsd-5.jpg

[FONT=굴림][/FONT]Pedigree [FONT=굴림][/FONT]
[FONT=굴림]Ch Badger of Western Queen JP[/FONT]​
[FONT=굴림]Earth of House Saya Ito JP[/FONT]​
[FONT=굴림]Ch Dominant Force from Ocobo[/FONT]​
[FONT=굴림]Eldrene Woe Begone Madam[/FONT]​
[FONT=굴림]Aviatrix of Sato Meadow JP[/FONT]​
[FONT=굴림]Ch Baffin of HouseYokoya FCI[/FONT]​
[FONT=굴림]Fountin of Sato Meadow[/FONT]​
Cleopatra[FONT=굴림]of Gio Lewis Bull KR[/FONT]
[FONT=굴림]Groz- Kriger - Tick[/FONT]​
[FONT=굴림]Ch [/FONT][FONT=굴림]Groz- Kriger - Hero[/FONT]​
[FONT=굴림]Groz- Kriger - Origin[/FONT]​
[FONT=굴림]Giovanni of Dream Bulldog House[/FONT]​
[FONT=굴림]Ch Badger of Western Queen JP[/FONT]​
[FONT=굴림]Chaming Star of M.R Jang Bulldog House[/FONT]​

He told me the pup is a color between white and yellowish/brown. I think he was trying to saw "fawn" but I'm not sure. I'm assuming the same color as his pops.

Last edited by a moderator:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well it sounds like you are on the right path to getting him. Good for you for doing so much research first, I wish more people did theirs as well. My gosh those wrinkled pics are adorable!

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Sooo....did you find a puppy yet? The father is gorgeous. Looks a lot like Gator's sire. Good for you that you didn't fall for it at the pet store. I hate those places....just a cover for a bunch of puppy mills. YUCK! Sounds like you are on the right track now!

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
The puppies on the site are cute. What is BBS?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.