OP
S

Sinister

Jan 13, 2019
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
BTW, our Husky is an 11 week old Female, if that matters, and the Bulldog will be about 8 weeks when we get him/her (supposedly this Saturday), if it matters.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Well, this being Latin America and all, no real breeders, no papers, etc. Regarding color, yes the dog will be a pet, but my wife wants a pet that attracts attention due to Its beauty. Its shallow, maybe, but since she has always wanted a Bulldog she wants to get the best she can.

We were reading yesterday that too many wrinkles isn't desirable and could be unhealthy? Then we also read thatthere should be no white and pink on the noses.

The most important thing should be temperament and health. You can have the most gorgeous bulldog in the world but if it's not healthy or has a really bad temperament, than that will be a real shame.

Bulldog faces already require a lot of care and cleaning. I clean Louie's face with a Duoxo wipe in the am and then I give it another wipe with a cloth sprayed with collodial silver in the pm and he isn't even super wrinkly. A super wrinkly face means even more cleaning as they can get infected really quickly and too many big wrinkles around the eyes can lead to issues as well.

OP
S

Sinister

Jan 13, 2019
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
They all looked healthy and the ones we posted had good temperaments. That is why the choice was so hard.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
They all looked healthy and the ones we posted had gopd temperaments. Rhat is why the choice was so hard.

Eenie meenie miney mo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sinister

Jan 13, 2019
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Asking around locally, I've been told that the brindle female has too heavy a nose rope and too heavy a wrinkles, which is, according to them, undesirable, might lead to trouble breathing, etc.

As such, which do you guys think better represents the characteristics of the breed, the male or the piebald female? I like the overall look of the male, but the piebald female has the best and (in my opinion) most "bulldog face" out of them?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
BTW, our Husky is an 11 week old Female, if that matters, and the Bulldog will be about 8 weeks when we get him/her (supposedly this Saturday), if it matters.

Aha, I thought she was older. In your first post you said she was a "10-month old female Siberian Husky".

OP
S

Sinister

Jan 13, 2019
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Aha, I thought she was older. In your first post you said she was a "10-month old female Siberian Husky".

Fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Well, this being Latin America and all, no real breeders, no papers, etc. Regarding color, yes the dog will be a pet, but my wife wants a pet that attracts attention due to Its beauty. Its shallow, maybe, but since she has always wanted a Bulldog she wants to get the best she can.

We were reading yesterday that too many wrinkles isn't desirable and could be unhealthy? Then we also read thatthere should be no white and pink on the noses.

I see. A nice dog attracts far more positive attention than a dog that might look good but acts bad... but as you say all seem to have good temperaments, I suppose you will just have to go with your gut feeling. Others have commented on potential skin fold problems and I agree. I also think you need to consider climate; I assume it is hot where you live and bulldogs don't do very well with heat (but since you already have a husky I suppose you have AC?).

regarding breathing, surgery is not uncommon down the line. Castor did that when he was 1 (soft palate reduction and widening of the nares - very common in bulldogs) and has no issues with breathing but he does snore!

OP
S

Sinister

Jan 13, 2019
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
We are down to either the male (hung out the most /followed me around, best color but white face) or the Piebald (came up first best cuddler, best face) .

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out.

Oh, so you will have two new babies in the house?! Lovely but I suppose they will require very different level of walks, etc. The husky is quite a high energy breed, isn't it?

Whichever pup you choose will probably be good so just try make a decision everyone is happy with. Best of luck!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
get the male
they tend to be more clownish, an attribute you will learn to appreciate as he ages.

Tawnys mom

Sep 11, 2018
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tawny
I vote get the male too. Since you already have a female, males and females tend to get along better than 2 females.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Sinister

Jan 13, 2019
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Oh, so you will have two new babies in the house?! Lovely but I suppose they will require very different level of walks, etc. The husky is quite a high energy breed, isn't it?

Whichever pup you choose will probably be good so just try make a decision everyone is happy with. Best of luck!

Yup, in a sense, two new babies in the house!

OP
S

Sinister

Jan 13, 2019
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Thor's home!

My son picked the name.

Attachments

• Image 2019-01-19 at 9.03.34 PM.jpeg