Hello! New member with 12 week old English Bulldog Pup: Mazie-May

katcando2

Jan 2, 2019
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mazie May
Hello!
So glad to find this forum! My first question is... we currently have a crate for her but am wondering if a playpen may be better. I work out of the house and I thought a playpen would give there more room to roam.... thoughts??

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello!
So glad to find this forum! My first question is... we currently have a crate for her but am wondering if a playpen may be better. I work out of the house and I thought a playpen would give there more room to roam.... thoughts??

Hello and welcome to you and Mazie May! Let's see those baby pictures please :)

My girl Joey will be 4 on May 31st. I work from home also and it was a God send when training Joey. If I could not have 100% eyes on Joey while she was a "good dog" in training she would be in her crate. I never used a play pen so not sure on that aspect of training. I was blessed with a job and home office that allowed me to have Joey in my office and eyes on her at all times so that I could "catch" any bad behavior that needed re-directing at that exact moment. I also had the ability to forward my office phone to cell phone so that she honestly only ever had maybe 3 pee accidents in the house, and they were all caught as she squatted to go and I grabbed her and out we went. So this is just my little story...that worked, there will be others along that have experience with play pens, etc. hang in there, you will get the BEST advice here, this "family" helped me survive for sure!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=18788]katcando2[/MENTION] :welcome4: to EBN! When I have a puppy(or 2) I have a crate surrounded by a pen.I had a plastic table cloth down,and puppy pad. When I was able to keep an eye on them, they were out to play. When they got too rowdy,or it was "naptime" or I would not be home, they went into the pen, and they had toys, water(non spillable) and the crate to nap in. At night, they had a crate in my bedroom to sleep in, and were taken out usually twice during the night, or if they had to go, they usually would whine.(not crying to get out)that was different.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Congrats on your new pup. We usually set up a play pin out of X-pin for our pups to play in during the day.It works great until they get larger and figure out they can push it around and will push it all around the room.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online