KaLunaMatata

Dec 13, 2018
Michigan, USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None Yet
Hello, My name is Katie! (However I prefer being called by my last name: Luna)

I'm very excited to join this forum and learn as much as I can before I adopt. I am going to meet a potential adoptee on Sunday!

A little about the pup I'm meeting~

Her name is LuLu and she is 4 years old. She was rescued from a Breeder before she could be euthanized.

(I've been told) she is a sweetheart who is crate and leash trained. She is not house broken yet. (Any advice would be nice on this one!) She is good with other dogs and children.

One major factor in adopting her is her temperament with cats. I have a 6 year old cat who adores nearly everyone one and thing he meets. I just don't want him to be in danger at any point if she has a kill instinct with cats.

Anyway, I'm babbling a bit. I look forward to meeting people here and taking advice! Thanks!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Thank YOU for adopting, and we would love to see some pics of your new baby... I will tag members that have adopted older bullies before.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
TYVM for considering rescue.
A non-house trained breeder bitch can be difficult...often food/dog aggressive. No telling about how she'll be with cats until tested. The house training will take a while but can be done. This will take consistent effort/training on your part and other household members.
FWIW, as a rescue group, we would never place a Bulldog that is not housebroken and temperament tested for the new environment. These are VERY important considerations for a successful placement. The effort put forth to ensure a successful placement is well-worth it. Bounce backs are difficult for the adopting family and extremely stressful on the placed Bulldog.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree with @oscarmayer, but I have adopted several times. I,though, was an experienced dog owner. I have adopted English Bullies, Belgian Malanois,"shaggy dogs", etc.
Chip is totally correct in his advice, but if you can get the "adopters" to agree to a conditional visit to your home-you could try it out. Keep her on a leash, and watch her reaction to the animals you have. If you have a dog, and you keep this Bullie, housetraining should not be too hard,as they usually like to pee wwhere the others pee, but you have to start out, as if she were a puppy.
The most important this is that she is okay with your animals, then go from there.
The most recent Bullie that I adopted was a breeder, and I had her spayed right away(so I wouldn't be tempted ha!ha!) and she follows me everywhere, and does fine with my dogs. I can't speak for cats, as mine are in the barn. Good Luck! [MENTION=18765]KaLunaMatata[/MENTION]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN... thank you for rescuing—. Fingers crossed all goes well and you can have her join your family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.