Hello! New here and new EBD Daddy

Darnett

Dec 9, 2018
Kentucky
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Hello, I'm Dwayne. Actually I'm a soon to be EBD Daddy. I've bought my little baby and waiting to get her this week. Her name is Lilly. I have been reading everything I can find about them, and came across this site. And very glad I did. I have been reading posts on here for a few hours now and have determined there are alot of information and awesome people here! Very warm and nice people.
Needless to say, I'm a sponge atm and taking all the advice I can get. I currently have a 5 year old girl, peekenese and pomeranian mix my wife and I rescued.
Lilly is 12 weeks old now, the pics I have are when she was 10 weeks old. The recent things I have of her are videos. And I've learned, one MUST post pics! Hahahaha
Thank you all here very much for the community you all have established.

Attachments

• 20181209_190527.jpg
    20181209_190527.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 187

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello, I'm Dwayne. Actually I'm a soon to be EBD Daddy. I've bought my little baby and waiting to get her this week. Her name is Lilly. I have been reading everything I can find about them, and came across this site. And very glad I did. I have been reading posts on here for a few hours now and have determined there are alot of information and awesome people here! Very warm and nice people.
Needless to say, I'm a sponge atm and taking all the advice I can get. I currently have a 5 year old girl, peekenese and pomeranian mix my wife and I rescued.
Lilly is 12 weeks old now, the pics I have are when she was 10 weeks old. The recent things I have of her are videos. And I've learned, one MUST post pics! Hahahaha
Thank you all here very much for the community you all have established.

:welcome4:
And YES we like photos and we ARE awesome!! Lol

Keep reading as there are tons of great info on there!!
Donā€™t forget we want to see photos when she comes home!! Other dogs too. :)

OP
Darnett

Darnett

Dec 9, 2018
Kentucky
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Thanks. I think Iā€™ve overloaded myself on information today lol. Just figuring out what to feed them is difficult. Lol

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks. I think Iā€™ve overloaded myself on information today lol. Just figuring out what to feed them is difficult. Lol

As you probably read, if you can go frozen or dry raw to eliminate a lot Iā€™d health issues down the road. If not, stick to high quality kibble like Acana, Origen, Fromm, zignature.... start immediately with ONE protein per bag so you also can eliminate which protein she canā€™t have IF any allergies. Keep a journal. I like Acana, I would take one different protein every month. Avoid chicken for starters. Integrate it much later.

OP
Darnett

Darnett

Dec 9, 2018
Kentucky
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
As you probably read, if you can go frozen or dry raw to eliminate a lot Iā€™d health issues down the road. If not, stick to high quality kibble like Acana, Origen, Fromm, zignature.... start immediately with ONE protein per bag so you also can eliminate which protein she canā€™t have IF any allergies. Keep a journal. I like Acana, I would take one different protein every month. Avoid chicken for starters. Integrate it much later.

Thanks. Iā€™ve read so many things on here about their food. It left me clueless what to do, or when. Should I rotate different kinds protein every bag or month? Or stay with the same one if sheā€™s ok with it? And when, sheā€™s 12 weeks atm

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your new baby is adorable...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Congratulations and Welcome to EBN AND THE WONDERFUL world of bulldogs!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks. Iā€™ve read so many things on here about their food. It left me clueless what to do, or when. Should I rotate different kinds protein every bag or month? Or stay with the same one if sheā€™s ok with it? And when, sheā€™s 12 weeks atm

Determine what you will feed first... raw, dehydrated raw, kibble... if kibble what brand. Then we can guide you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=18762]Darnett[/MENTION] A BIG BULLY welcome to you and Lilly !!! (and the rest of your family) ! You will LOVE it here, the BEST people with the BEST support EVER!!!

Sue and Joey

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

I would do a new one once a month even if they are fine on it, it basically tells you immediately while they are young what they canā€™t do. Once theyā€™ve done a few proteins at least it gives them a variable different proteins they can eat. Why stick to one kind only. But DO stick to the same company brand especially if it works. They will get bored eventually. Good to rotate. I sure wouldnā€™t like to eat the same thing all the time. Just a thought

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome3::nice2meetu: Lilly is a cutie! Enjoy-they are not pups for long!

OP
Darnett

Darnett

Dec 9, 2018
Kentucky
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Wow! Thank you all so much for the warm welcome and feeding help. The current owner has started her on Diamond Puppy, until a year old?

I will be getting her Saturday or Sunday. My buddy is headed to get her Saturday. About a 10 hour drive 1 way, Since I couldnā€™t find a shipper. I wasted a lot of time trying one of those sites that they bid to haul your pet.

Will keep updating, tyvm,
Dwayne

OP
Darnett

Darnett

Dec 9, 2018
Kentucky
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly
Update:
I found a good transporter and heā€™s bringing my baby tomorrow!!! Iā€™m ecstatic!!! Have to do a lot of shopping tomorrow tho lol. Idk, Iā€™m a lot more lost than I was when my 1st daughter was born hahaha. Think Iā€™m going with Fromm puppy food, treats not sure. Some freeze dried meats stuff?
Nervous and excited!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Update:
I found a good transporter and heā€™s bringing my baby tomorrow!!! Iā€™m ecstatic!!! Have to do a lot of shopping tomorrow tho lol. Idk, Iā€™m a lot more lost than I was when my 1st daughter was born hahaha. Think Iā€™m going with Fromm puppy food, treats not sure. Some freeze dried meats stuff?
Nervous and excited!

OMG WOW!!!!! You DO have a tom of shopping to do!!!! I'm not the one to advise on feeding BUT the more experienced members will be along to help :) How exciting, please keep us posted as to her arrival :)

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.