Katiejane

Oct 2, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy
Hi my name is Kathy and I am at present fostering an 8 month old female bulldog. She has come from a family that no longer wants her due to the fact she's a bit of a handful! She's an absolute sweetheart but not trained at all so will need some work. I am considering keeping her and am happy to train but I have a concern about my other dog. I have 2 other dogs a 6 yr old female Rottie and a 6 yr old male Jack Russel. The Rottie is fine but the Jack Russel is not liking the bulldog pup. She wants to continually play he is showing his teeth and a scuffle ensues. I separate them/stop her from bothering him but being a bulldog she's stubborn (from what I've read this is a normal trait!) she keeps on bothering him. My question is do you think this will settle over time as she gets older and the dogs become more used to each other (its been a week) or is this something that might escalate into aggression? So far she just wants to play and its more bullying/dominating than anything else. Its ok when I'm in and can monitor them but I haven't left them alone without her being separated but at some point I will need to do that. Any thoughts?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi my name is Kathy and I am at present fostering an 8 month old female bulldog. She has come from a family that no longer wants her due to the fact she's a bit of a handful! She's an absolute sweetheart but not trained at all so will need some work. I am considering keeping her and am happy to train but I have a concern about my other dog. I have 2 other dogs a 6 yr old female Rottie and a 6 yr old male Jack Russel. The Rottie is fine but the Jack Russel is not liking the bulldog pup. She wants to continually play he is showing his teeth and a scuffle ensues. I separate them/stop her from bothering him but being a bulldog she's stubborn (from what I've read this is a normal trait!) she keeps on bothering him. My question is do you think this will settle over time as she gets older and the dogs become more used to each other (its been a week) or is this something that might escalate into aggression? So far she just wants to play and its more bullying/dominating than anything else. Its ok when I'm in and can monitor them but I haven't left them alone without her being separated but at some point I will need to do that. Any thoughts?

Welcome to EBN!

best thing to do it to get all dogs to understand you are the boss.... your JR is unsure and not fully adjusted to her so I would give him at lest a month to get used to her. Take them on walks together, be sure to us 'nothing in life is free' with them all to balance them and ensure you are the boss and they follow your lead.

tagging Chip as he has years of rescue and fostering experience to provide more insight [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION]

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/Christine... also try taking them for short walks.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.