Hey everyone! My husband and I are English Bulldog newbies!!!

WadeandCeeJay

Sep 25, 2018
Pitkin, LA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brice Meister Beard
Hey everyone! My husband and I got our first English Bulldog puppy. We're super excited to start this new adventure with our new fur baby. He's 7 weeks old and let me tell you what.....he's a pistol!!! We've only had him a week but we are so in love. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ; )

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
hi and welcome :) they are just the sweetest little things arent they :) t
There will be lots of good advice coming, and remember most of all, he's just a baby, and going to take lots of time and energy and patience to grow the little guy into your wonderful friend :)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Welcome to the BEST EB forum anywhere! These wonderful, knowledgeable folks helped Joey and I survive! She is 3 years old now :)

There will ALWAYS be someone here to answer your questions. Share you stories and PHOTOS PLEASE :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! We would love to see pics of your new baby...

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Hello and welcome...we'd love to see some pictures.

And not to be a Debbie Downer but if he's 7 weeks old now and you had him for a week, that means you got him at 6 weeks old? Pups shouldn't leave their mom until 8 weeks at a minimum.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN!!! Pictures, please! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nelson318

Sep 19, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. wrinkles
Hey everyone! My husband and I got our first English Bulldog puppy. We're super excited to start this new adventure with our new fur baby. He's 7 weeks old and let me tell you what.....he's a pistol!!! We've only had him a week but we are so in love. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ; )

Welcome to EBN Iā€™m also new to the EBN I havenā€™t got my boy yet heā€™s still to young but thereā€™s people on here have been very helpful please post a few pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acksindelar

Jun 19, 2018
Nebraska
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Debbie
Hello! I am also a first time bulldog owner and this website has helped me along the way! Welcome! And enjoy them! They grow soo soo fast!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Your pup is very young. Do not take him out anywhere (other than your yard) until he has had all of his shots. Pups are exposed to things that their little system can not fight off. Most caring breeders would not let a pup that young leave. You have him, so do the best you can, and love him! Congratulations, and we love pictures!:yes::D

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Your pup is very young. Do not take him out anywhere (other than your yard) until he has had all of his shots. Pups are exposed to things that their little system can not fight off. Most caring breeders would not let a pup that young leave. You have him, so do the best you can, and love him! Congratulations, and we love pictures!:yes::D

Even be careful about letting him sniff all over your yard till he's finished vaccinations, since you may get visits from cats,rabbits, raccoons,squirrels etc in your yard. I know I get lots of visitors in mine.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Some advice for supplies:
Buy some unscented diaper wipes, witch hazel, Kong ZoomGroom brush, Neosporin or Nu-Stock antibiotic ointment,Nylabone puppy keys you can freeze for dog to chew on, chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo such as Curaseb or Ketohex, apple cider vinegar.

I'm tagging [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] to recommend some other purchases you will need.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.