Lunasmommies

Sep 2, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
Hi, we just got our puppy 2 weeks ago. Her name is Luna. It's been an eventful couple of weeks. She got sick when we brought her home. She tested positive for parasites and is on some meds for it. She was dehydrated from the diarrhea and vomiting so shes had to get fluids twice. The breeder we got her from had her on taste of the wild puppy food. When she got sick the vet had us give her chicken and rice for a few days and then royal Canin. Shes now back on taste of the wild until we can figure out what food is best for her. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated! We can tell that shes lost weight from being sick which makes me so sad. Shes a feisty little ankle biter though and we love her. I will try to post a picture of her.

Attachments

• IMG_20180821_102910_034.jpg
    IMG_20180821_102910_034.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 148

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
She is a cutie! Glad that she is feeling better! Breeder didn't take the care.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi, we just got our puppy 2 weeks ago. Her name is Luna. It's been an eventful couple of weeks. She got sick when we brought her home. She tested positive for parasites and is on some meds for it. She was dehydrated from the diarrhea and vomiting so shes had to get fluids twice. The breeder we got her from had her on taste of the wild puppy food. When she got sick the vet had us give her chicken and rice for a few days and then royal Canin. Shes now back on taste of the wild until we can figure out what food is best for her. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated! We can tell that shes lost weight from being sick which makes me so sad. Shes a feisty little ankle biter though and we love her. I will try to post a picture of her.

Pretty little Luna!!! Welcome!!!

If itā€™s kibbles start with the ONE protein per bag since sheā€™s young so you canā€™t make a list of what she can eat or not and even allergies. Always go with Acana, Fromm, Zignature... It needs to be grains free. So look for the one protein bag n keep a journal. If you can go raw and feed frozen! Youā€™ll avoid a lot of issues down the road.

Good job on getting little Luna off the RC!! Loaded of grains

Hereā€™s a website that you need to bookmark n subscribe to so they send you alerts...

https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/acana-singles-dog-food/

OP
L

Lunasmommies

Sep 2, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
I searched all of those brands for one with a single protein and I didnt see any. Maybe its my lack of sleep. Can someone please let me know which brand has a single protein.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
https://acana.com/

Acana Singles Yorkshire Pork
Acana Singles Free-Run Duck
Acana Singles Pacific Pilchard
Acana Singles Grass-Fed Lamb

Start with the lamb. Easier to digest
Then the duck
Then the fish.
Pork I personally didnā€™t give that...donā€™t know why lol

Acana are the only ones that they put tripe in their kibbles. GREAT for all dogs

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! Your baby is adorable... I started my guys w/the Fromm's puppy (I believe it's in the pink bag) and they did great on it.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Zignature has several one protein formulas, Duck, Turkey, Lamb, Salmon etc. but they do also have multiprotein formulas.

OP
L

Lunasmommies

Sep 2, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
Thank you! We bought her a small bag of zignature lamb. Hopefully she does well on it. Now to figure out how much we should be feeding her. She seriously acts like shes starving all of the time. She constantly goes to where she knows her bowl is suppose to be and whines and yelps this super high pitched sound. She sounds like a bird from the Jurassic park movie.:ohmy: We feed her 3 times a day. We tired 3/4 cups each feeding and after she ate her tummy was super bloated. We seriously thought something was wrong with her and almost took her to the emergency vet :eek:) She was acting fine though and playing. So today I'm trying 1/2 cup at each feeding. Maybe we should switch to 4 feedings a day with smaller portions? Shes 11 weeks today.

OP
L

Lunasmommies

Sep 2, 2018
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Luna
quick question about the new food that I bought her. The pieces seem so much bigger than the food that she's currently eating. Is ok for a puppy to eat pieces of food this big?20180903_171946.jpg20180903_171946.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
quick question about the new food that I bought her. The pieces seem so much bigger than the food that she's currently eating. Is ok for a puppy to eat pieces of food this big?View attachment 113793View attachment 113793

Welcome to EBN! Yes, she will be fine, but if you are not comfortable, you can ad some water to soften the pieces.

Here is a good guideline for feedings:

8 weeks1/2 cup 3 times a day
12 weeks2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day
4 & 5 months3/4 cup 3 times a day
6 months to 1 year1.25 to 1.5 cups twice a day

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.