Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New to the group and to being a bulldog mom

Quote Originally Posted by Olliethebullie View Post
    He didn’t come from a kennel or a pet shop. Got him from a breeder. Have tried to contact her about it. He seems to be getting a little better, but he’s still coughing. He has a follow up appointment Tuesday, so we will see what they say. Been trying to find a veterinarian that knows a lot about bulldogs in my area (central Florida) but no luck so far.
    My question is how’s your other dog?

https://wagwalking.com/condition/bac...ion-mycoplasma

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Stac
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bubba J
    Likes (Received)

Hello everyone!! I'm so excited to be a part of this forum. I am my Bullydog's Gigi as my son cant have his baby boy right now. I'm in Love with my Bully grandson and pretty sure my son, Houston, cant have him back LOL. My name is Staci and I preferred to be called Stac. My Bully baby is Bubba J. Nice to be on here and LOVE all the bulldog pics I've seen, simply adorable 😉

4. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BullyGiGi View Post
    Hello everyone!! I'm so excited to be a part of this forum. I am my Bullydog's Gigi as my son cant have his baby boy right now. I'm in Love with my Bully grandson and pretty sure my son, Houston, cant have him back LOL. My name is Staci and I preferred to be called Stac. My Bully baby is Bubba J. Nice to be on here and LOVE all the bulldog pics I've seen, simply adorable
    Welcome Stac and Bubba!
    I have been a member for 2 years and I love seeing all of the (mostly) silly photos of all of our fur-babies!
    And learning all about the breed too. There are so many here with great advice for any questions you may have.
    We need photos!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

to you and BubbaJ. When your Grandog leaves, you will have to get your own!! Meanwhile,we need some pictures!!
    "
    ďIt came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

8. Likes thett liked this post
    Kennel Cleaner Become a 4 Paw Member thett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)

Oh this makes me want to cry just reading it because i know how scary it is.
    Lots of prayers and good wishes coming to you and Ollie! Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

He sure is adorable!! i hope he makes a very quick recovery and is back snuggling with you in no time

Btw.. Welcome to this site. You will love it! Everyone here is so helpful and you will learn so much!!

10. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post

Best wishes to your Ollie. Respiratory issues are no joke with bulldogs. Glad heís getting good care!

Bulldog Vet in Training Lalaloopsie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Natallia
    Country
    Belarus
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Olliethebullie View Post
    So Ollie got to come home yesterday. Heís doing better, but still not 100%. They just called and said he was diagnosed with mycoplasma cynos. They prescribed him doxycycline and kept him on the other antibiotic he was originally on. Heís been sleeping a lot, which I would expect after being in the hospital for 3 days. Iíve been trying to research everything I can, but canít really find a strait answer as to how he got this or the best ways to treat it. Has anyone else gone through this before? And thank you to everyone who wished Ollie well. Heís a strong booger! Attachment 113609
    Sorry for your baby being so sick! Mycoplasma is a very common opportunistic bacteria, which means it is present in many healthy dogs and doesnít cause any infection when immune system of dog is strong. But when dogís immune system is weak ( like in puppies), or puppy gets kennel cough and is weakened, Mycoplasma joins the process and worsens the situation severely, causing bad pneumonia. Also can cause other multiple health problems - eyes, urinary, infertility, blood problems. Too many.
    Pneumonia caused by mycoplasma is really bad because it is severe and difficult to treat, these bacteria are special as they do not have cell wall and antibiotics work breaking cell wall, so antibiotics donít kill them that good. You will need a long course of antibiotics.

There are many subtypes. Some of them live in the nasal cavity, some in genitalia of dogs. Usually puppies get infected from Mom, so bitches who are positive for genital mycoplasma are usually treated, it is sexually transmitted. Breeding bitch mustnít have mycoplasma in her genitalia, because it spreads during mating and puppies will be infected.
    In your case, 99% he was infected from mom. Then he got kennel cough, Mycoplasma just joined the process.
    Hopefully therapy with antibiotics will kill infection successfully.
    Good luck!

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Kennel Cleaner Become a 4 Paw Member thett's Avatar
    Real Name
    Theresa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)

How is little Ollie doing now? Any updates? Sending lots of love and prayers his way! and yours

15. Likes sisters3, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads