Millie

Bubbalinko

Jul 9, 2018
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
Hi All,

I thought it a good idea to join a forum as we have a new 9 week old EB named Millie. She has come into the family like a whirlwind, she is bossy, headstrong and teething to no end. One question I was hoping to get help with firstly is whatā€™s with their smell?? When I wash my Maltese shiatsu she smells nice for at least a week or two but I can wash Millie and she stinks straight away. Does anyone have any suggestions or is this something I just have to get used to?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Welcome! We'd love to see pictures of Millie.

What kind of smell? If it's a frito kind of smell, that would indicate yeast.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi All,

I thought it a good idea to join a forum as we have a new 9 week old EB named Millie. She has come into the family like a whirlwind, she is bossy, headstrong and teething to no end. One question I was hoping to get help with firstly is whatā€™s with their smell?? When I wash my Maltese shiatsu she smells nice for at least a week or two but I can wash Millie and she stinks straight away. Does anyone have any suggestions or is this something I just have to get used to?

Welcome!! Yes da famous smell. This breed tends to smell on the yeasty side. Tear stains will accumulate in the folds which that needs special attention as it will smell.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Welcome!
Thatā€™s funny I have had friends ask me if I give Bella a bath often because she doesnā€™t smell! And she is so soft too!
Even after being in the pool once she dries off.
Oh an we must have pictures !! Lol

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty very rarely has a bath and unless I am completely nose-blind, doesn't smell at all. His fur is nice and soft too. I don't believe in bathing often as it strips all the natural oils. Now, if he had been wallowing in mud, different story!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Welcome to you and Millie! As [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] has mentioned, yeast smell....

I have all natural wipes for Joey's face and ears and we do it two or three times per week, it TOTALLY eliminates the frito smell and makes for great face snuggles!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Welcome!
Thatā€™s funny I have had friends ask me if I give Bella a bath often because she doesnā€™t smell! And she is so soft too!
Even after being in the pool once she dries off.
Oh an we must have pictures !! Lol

Bella is always in the pool n chlorine will remove all potential smell or skin issues. :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have three EBD's. Only one has a smell-the last rescue,because she has a lot of allergies. None of the other dogs smell. The only other dog I've had who had a smell was a Doberman with allergies. You may need to find a different food for your pup.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome! What type of odor?

My guys have no odor 90% of time... summer brings yeast smell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.