MrsHasse

Jul 1, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reece
Hi All!

My name is Dani and my husband and I have a chocolate tricolored English bulldog named Reece. We got him at 9weeks old and he just turned 1 in April. This is our first English bulldog and we have a 4yr old Frenchie and a 9year old Doberman (all neutered). They are the best of buds!! we are having a few issues with Reece that weā€™ve never encountered with our other dogs, and I would love any and all advice. He pees where he sleeps, when he was a puppy we dealt with it, put him on a timer for potty breaks, trained him to go out the dog door and so on. While he hasnā€™t had an accident in the house since he was 9 months old we are having an issue with him peeing in his bed. I will let him out at night and 20 mins later when I put down a fresh bed for him he will pee on it. I went to the store and bought all new dogs beds 2 days ago- him and the frenchie were both laying in it and enjoying themselves when the frenchie got up and Reece just peed and stood up and walked away. I was watching a movie and paused it to use the restroom, when I came out Reece was up on the couch laying on the opposite end and peed on the other end. My last statement, Instead of beds I use bath mats for him to lay on now because of this issue and of course, I felt bad and gave him a nice soft blanket, I layed it down and he walked over to it, peed and then went and sat down on the other side of it. Can someone tell me whatā€™s going on?! Nothing has changed, like I said heā€™s been doing this since he was a pup- even puppy training was difficult-Iā€™ve never had a dog who would pee and lay in it? Itā€™s hard because I love him but itā€™s mentally draining- im thinking that itā€™s just him being a bully and trying to show me heā€™s boss? I would consider an infection but he doesnā€™t do this anywhere else except on his beds I buy him and the couch that one time he jumped up. Please help!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi All! My name is Dani and my husband and I have a chocolate tricolored English bulldog named Reece. We got him at 9weeks old and he just turned 1 in April. This is our first English bulldog and we have a 4yr old Frenchie and a 9year old Doberman (all neutered). They are the best of buds!! we are having a few issues with Reece that weā€™ve never encountered with our other dogs, and I would love any and all advice. He pees where he sleeps, when he was a puppy we dealt with it, put him on a timer for potty breaks, trained him to go out the dog door and so on. While he hasnā€™t had an accident in the house since he was 9 months old we are having an issue with him peeing in his bed. I will let him out at night and 20 mins later when I put down a fresh bed for him he will pee on it. I went to the store and bought all new dogs beds 2 days ago- him and the frenchie were both laying in it and enjoying themselves when the frenchie got up and Reece just peed and stood up and walked away. I was watching a movie and paused it to use the restroom, when I came out Reece was up on the couch laying on the opposite end and peed on the other end. My last statement, Instead of beds I use bath mats for him to lay on now because of this issue and of course, I felt bad and gave him a nice soft blanket, I layed it down and he walked over to it, peed and then went and sat down on the other side of it. Can someone tell me whatā€™s going on?! Nothing has changed, like I said heā€™s been doing this since he was a pup- even puppy training was difficult-Iā€™ve never had a dog who would pee and lay in it? Itā€™s hard because I love him but itā€™s mentally draining- im thinking that itā€™s just him being a bully and trying to show me heā€™s boss? I would consider an infection but he doesnā€™t do this anywhere else except on his beds I buy him and the couch that one time he jumped up. Please help!!!

First of all...WELCOME!!!

You need to go to the vet with a pee sample to rule out any infection or crystal etc.

Reece cannot have any beddings or youā€™ll be washing non stop. Remove beddings, off the sofa or anything that heā€™ll go pee on. Your other dogs will have to follow same rules for time being till Reece is back on track. You have a crate/kennel? You can leave him in his crate with NO blanket or bedding. Heā€™s probably marking his territory if itā€™s not an infection.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN .... there are some dogs that just can not have any type of bedding, they will pee on anything soft. But, I agree, you should take a sample to the vet to rule out any health issues.

Most Reactions