Hi! New to this site

L

Lucy-licious

Welcome Kim, I know you will love it here :)
Lookin forward to hearing about the antics your 2 babies get up to :yes:
And I know this has been mentioned by my fellow addictees but......
We love photos and videos :D

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Okay, here is the long story of how I became a mom for two. I had been in contact with a breeder for over a year wanting to get a bully. The summer of '09 had my eye on one, but then life happened before I could put the deposit down on him and just couldn't afford it. Then in December of 2010 she emailed me and sent me a picture of her latest litter and wanted to know if I was still interested. Me, interested? You betcha!!! I took a trip to her home oohed and aahed over all the little bundles of bully loveliness and picked out Sebastian! Fell in love with Oliver, too, but something about Sebastian kept pulling me in. Put the deposit down and she kept me updated for the next 8 weeks and sent me tons of pictures of him!!! Then about 4 days before I was due to pick him up, she emailed me to call her. When I called, she told me that her vet had found a heart murmur on him and she was giving me the option of not taking him and she would refund my deposit or keep it until another little became available. I called her vet and talked to her vet for quite some time and her vet told me that even though it was a grade 3 murmur, she honestly thought that he would outgrow it because she didn't really hear anything else going on with him. I talked it over with my husband and we finally agreed to take him anyway. He came with a 12 month health guarantee and if my vet found it was more serious, then my breeder agreed to replace the puppy even though we knew going in he had the murmur. Well, when I took him to my vet (who specializes in bullys) she told me to take him to Michigan State University's clinic because she thought it was more than just a murmur. She was thinking it was PDA but also didn't rule out pulmonic stenosis. Took him into MSU, had an echo done and, of course, it turns out to be severe pulmonic stenosis. Contacted my breeder who started crying. We came to the decision that she didn't want him back, and she would let me keep him and let him live out his life with us AND give me a replacement. Hence, we end up with Oliver. His story is something else too. Seems a married couple had put down a deposit on him, but then never showed for the pick up and wouldn't return her phone calls. She finally decided after 4 weeks of this, to let me have him. Yes, they are litter mates and I was worried that something would be wrong with him too, but he got a clean bill of health from her vet and my vet once I picked him up.
Now for the obsession I have had with bully's since the age of three. My aunt lived a couple houses down from a young couple who had an all white bulldog and I spent a lot of time at my aunt's house with my cousins and so naturally gravitated towards the dog! Ever since I have been in love with them and especially the white ones. I don't remember much about the dog or even his name except that he was white and he would let me play with him all day long, but apparently he left a lasting impression. It's taken me this long to get one for many reasons, but mainly finances. I've had other dogs and even now still have two st. bernard's, but have always wanted a bully. Now I have two.
100_0297.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh they are amazing!!!!! What a story! How long do they think Sebastian has or is this something he can live a long time with? How heartbreaking BUT at least he has a great home to be in. Oh welcome by the way! ;) Oh and st bernards are awesome also! My hubby had 1 growing up back when we met and although he had too short a life he was one of the most awesome and loving dogs I have ever known. Oh yes we do like pics and videos so please get to sharing some more. :p

L

Lucy-licious

Your babies are gorgeous Sebastian looks like a curious little felow in this picture :luv:
That you chose to keep him even with the option of a healthy replacement is a credit to you :)
A bulldog will steal your heart in the blink of an eye and now you have two :luv:

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
There is a surgery they can do, but it costs $2500 and there is no guarantee that it will work or that they could even do it because of the condition of the coronary arteries, so my husband and I decided not to put him through it and just let him live a happy puppy life for as long as he's able. There is no idea of how long he may live with or without the surgery. Either way, his life span is drastically shortened. I just have to keep an eye on him for getting too winded (not easy when he's so energetic) and for swelling in his tummy for fluid building up. Other than he's smaller than his brother, you really wouldn't know that there is anything wrong with him. At 12 weeks he weighed 14.6 pounds and Oliver weighed in at 18.2. They are 14 weeks right now, so my house is busy with potty training, walking down the stairs (they can walk up), and playing, pooping, and eating.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh wow!! You do have your hands full!! You have some awfully handsome boys there. I love their color!!!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Welcome to the site! I'm a new first time bully owner too. I would love to have two, my hats off to you for the challenge of two puppies. How fun that must be though. Are they litter mates? We had Am Staff litter mates (one just passed), they were the best of friends and tied at the hips at times.

Can't wait to see pictures the the twosome!

Most Reactions