Meganls32

Apr 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ripley
Hi! My name is Megan. We have a 9 month old bully boy named Ripley. We lost our 9 1/2 year old girl Sasha last June
I never thought I could bring another dog into our family but here I am. Sasha was the queen of the castle, independent..I never thought I would have 2 at the same time but Ripley seems to need a playmate. Any advice would be much appreciated. I've read and heard so many differing opinions on whether to get another boy or a girl???
2018-02-16_09.58.13.jpg

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!

So sorry for the loss of your Sahsa... I know very much what you mean by an independent queen of the castle... our Banks was exactly the same.

Ripley is adorable... congratulations on the new love. As for a playmate, odds are better with male/female, but it truly depends on you (all humans) as the firm leader. We have had male/female until Banks past and then we ended up with two males... we are very strict with training and making sure they know we rule the house ... we use 'nothing in life is free' and they know their limits and rules to follow. We at times, see our Frenchie (Cheli) try to take alpha moves on our bulldog (Lambeau) so we keep him in line with corrections and redirect... just cause he is smaller doesn't mean he can't be the alpha.

Best of luck and keep the pictures coming.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome2: Sorry to hear about your Sasha. I know how sad that is. Getting a pup for your boy will be lots of laughs for you! (and sometimes a few time-outs!)

LoveBug

Mar 29, 2018
Western Washington State
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bug
Hi! My name is Megan. We have a 9 month old bully boy named Ripley. We lost our 9 1/2 year old girl Sasha last June
I never thought I could bring another dog into our family but here I am. Sasha was the queen of the castle, independent..I never thought I would have 2 at the same time but Ripley seems to need a playmate. Any advice would be much appreciated. I've read and heard so many differing opinions on whether to get another boy or a girl???
View attachment 112245
:EBNwelcome:

He is such a good looking boy! Young dogs do seem to enjoy having a playmate (or two drive us up a wall with their antics :pillowfight: )

OP
M

Meganls32

Apr 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ripley
Thank you! I found a little bully girl who is absolutely adorable! I am in NY and she is in PA, I'm going to meet her Friday! I'm just really nervous, I've never had 2 at ine time before. I hope it's not double!

OP
M

Meganls32

Apr 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ripley
Hi, thank you!

OP
M

Meganls32