New bully momma!! Hello all :) Info/Suggestions for new bully parents?

XxBullyMommaxX

Apr 7, 2018
Ohio
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Piper & Gus
So, I'm a soon-to-be bully momma!! We've purchased our first bully, and we decided to get two of them! We got a boy and a girl. We pick Gus up from the airport tomorrow, and we will get Piper in about a month (she's still too little to come home). We paid for them to be flown with a flight nanny, so they will be held the whole plane ride in their own little room. We're very excited and can't wait to get them. Here's a few pictures that the breeder was awesome enough to take for us a couple days ago before they were separated.

Any suggestions you all may have for new bully parents, we're all ears!! And yes, we have more pictures, and she's kept us up with videos. But after talking to and researching 12 breeders, this is the one we were happiest with. She's a 10 hours drive (one way) away from us. We verified her through AKC, and she has excellent reviews (both on and off her FB page). She's been wonderful and very helpful. So, feel free to load us up with information, tips, tricks, suggestions, or anything else you want to throw in here. Big or small, they're all welcome :) We've done TOOOONS of research. Many say that a bully's personality is priceless and one of a kind...we just can't wait to experience it for ourselves.

Attachments

• Sterling1.jpg
    Sterling1.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Glenda1.jpg
    Glenda1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 133
  • Piper&Gus1.jpg
    Piper&Gus1.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Piper&Gus2.jpg
    Piper&Gus2.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 125
  • Piper&Gus3.jpg
    Piper&Gus3.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Piper&Gus4.jpg
    Piper&Gus4.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Piper&Gus5.jpg
    Piper&Gus5.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 124

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Welcome! They are just adorable! And it is so true about them having a one of A kind personality (so you will more than likely have two different personalities) lol
I am a first time Bulldog owner for the last Year myself and absolutely wouldn't know what to do without my Bella. Soooooooooo..........Get ready for lots of laughs. I can't wait to see and hear about your new family's members.
Everyone here at the EB forum will be so helpful with anything you may need answers to or advice on.

LoveBug

Mar 29, 2018
Western Washington State
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bug
So, I'm a soon-to-be bully momma!! We've purchased our first bully, and we decided to get two of them! We got a boy and a girl. We pick Gus up from the airport tomorrow, and we will get Piper in about a month (she's still too little to come home). We paid for them to be flown with a flight nanny, so they will be held the whole plane ride in their own little room. We're very excited and can't wait to get them. Here's a few pictures that the breeder was awesome enough to take for us a couple days ago before they were separated.

Any suggestions you all may have for new bully parents, we're all ears!! And yes, we have more pictures, and she's kept us up with videos. But after talking to and researching 12 breeders, this is the one we were happiest with. She's a 10 hours drive (one way) away from us. We verified her through AKC, and she has excellent reviews (both on and off her FB page). She's been wonderful and very helpful. So, feel free to load us up with information, tips, tricks, suggestions, or anything else you want to throw in here. Big or small, they're all welcome :) We've done TOOOONS of research. Many say that a bully's personality is priceless and one of a kind...we just can't wait to experience it for ourselves.

So precious! With two EBDs you may want to think about/investigate insurance for them or at least having an account set aside for any medical issues that might come up. We're new to EBDs also and I can't tell you how thankful I am that we purchased insurance. If you register them with the AKC you automatically get 30 days of insurance and then you compare and price other plans before making any commitments. The only other advice I have is read everything you can get your hands on, absorb all the wealth EBN has to offer... and most importantly... ENJOY them!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
GORGEOUS!!! Welcome to EBN and congratulations on your new babies!

Food... if not able or willing to do raw here are some (no particular order) of the foods members have best results with. Avoid grains for sure

The Honest Kitchen
Zingature
Acana
Orijen
Fromm
Earthborn Holistic

Get ready for puppy shark teeth and ❤️ puppy breath❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMammers816

Nov 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunner, Cooper
Welcome!!! This is a fantasic forum over all, but such a wealth of information for new bully parents. Start reading everything you can on here - Lots of great advise and guidance. Enjoy your new bully babies!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Welcome! You have come to the right place - there is a lot of info on this forum and many knowledgable bulldog owners to help out when you have questions!

My advice at this stage is to cuddle and interact with the pups much when they are young so that they bond with you. Let them sleep in a basket near your bed so that you can calm them if they cry the first nights after having been separated from their mum and so that you can take them out easily during night. To pottytrain them, set up a schedule (take them out once an hour and right after sleep, eat and play; then every second hour, etc.). I have no experience of two pups but hopefully Gus will be able to help you train Piper when she arrives!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Newbie myself,
My guy will be 2 on May 1st
Sounds like you've done your homework-kudos!!!

Newbie advice:

1. Go ahead and begin baby proofing your house, yes it's like having a new child; into everything &everything that can will go into the mouth

2. If you haven't yet, start deciding on what your gonna feed your babies, you'll find lots of opinions and advice here

3. Bookmark this page, it's invaluable

Members online

No members online now.