New English Bulldog owner

Brandi

Mar 5, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell or Tink
Hello! My name is Brandi and we are new owners of English bulldog, named Tinkerbell or Tink!! She is 11 weeks old, looking for any and all info that will help keep her healthy and happy!! 2 questions I have off the top of my head is grain free food good for them? If so how old should she be before I switch her?? Also bulldogs have odors I am not use to, suggestions?? I have read some pros and cons on Angel eyes??
Thank you so much!!!
Brandi

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=18112]Brandi[/MENTION] :welcome3: Tink!!

Tink, tell mommy to get some pics of you up here so we can see you :)

Yes, Grain free if you are able will be the best, Lots of brands have them in a puppy formula or All Stages Life formula, so you can start SLOWLY transitioning her right now. Not be alarmed she may get the poopies, you can just add a little canned pumpkin (not the pie mix). Check out Dog Food Advisor.com

There is LOTs of Info on this site, and TONS of WONDERFUL members to help you out.

Please dont be shy, Cant wait to see Tinks adventures

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN!

Yes grain free is what you want. Some options, no particular order

Earthborn Holistic
Fromm
Zingature
Acana
Orijen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Brandi

Mar 5, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell or Tink
Great thank you so much!! How do I post pics on here?? Still trying to figure out how to navigate the site, lol

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Welcome and your in for some real good fun :) Such a special breed to keep you on your toes ;) Lots of great info here, and one thing when your just learning i'd say just go to the different "threads" ' you want to know about and read away. What I do now is go to that darker brown strip on the top of this page (sort of) and it'll say " Home Forum Community whats new stuff like that............... and then I just go to "whats new" or some like "community" and the most recent posts will be there. Then when your finished reading one Thread, go back up to the top of the page and hit "whats new" again and repeat... lol I've prob REALLY messed ya up, but I tried ;) It's a great place and you'll probably catch on better just checking it out w/o my lame directions :blush:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great thank you so much!! How do I post pics on here?? Still trying to figure out how to navigate the site, lol

In the comments box there is a menu bar... i think the third or fourth icon looks like a square, hover over it will say 'insert image'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Brandi

Mar 5, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tinkerbell or Tink
Thank you!! Will check it out!!

BullyBewitched

Mar 18, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Samantha
My Olde English Bulldog is 12 weeks, and I was able to switch her without transition to Pure Vita Salmon and Peas All Stages kibble. I had my Frenchie on it after he went off his regular food, and he loved it. It is coated in probiotics, and it is known to be an easy-switch beand because there is limited/no gastric distress. My Frenchie had been allergic to grain - that's supposedly the only real reason to go grain-free, but I also had made the switch when there was so much news about Made In China food having poisonous filler with the grains.

When I got my puppy home, she was very bloated and had been on Puppy Chow. Her poop was ridiculously stinky. After a few days on the Pure Vita, there was almost no smell, and her poops were solid and well formed.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.