Katephotofreak

Feb 14, 2018
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
max
F3A10D1E-F503-4995-9F27-746031A837AA.jpegWell actually we’ve had him for a year but I’m new on here.
I have some questions about Max. He originally came from a breeder in Turlock California however I’m his third owner. So I don’t know what sort of breeder it was. He was in tact until the second owner fixed him at 2 years old. He’s three now and a great family dog. My question is about his color and his massive amounts of wrinkles. Is this a normal color? He’s solid fawn. No spots besides aa White strip on his chest. Everyone also thinks he’s a shar pai because he’s extra wrinkly.
What do you think?CC557DCD-CD24-453A-BE62-23A05DA4F9FE.jpeg

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hi! What a beautiful baby you have! His colour is normal for bulldog, but from his appearance I would agree with you, that may be some Shar Pei blood was introduced somewhere in his family tre. Or may be Dogue de Bordeau. Some molosses breed. Is he also a tall and big bully? What is his weight?
but he looks absolutely gorgeous- such a big beautiful head, lovely wrinkles, strong build!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome:Max is a very handsome boy! Glad you joined, and I hope he now has a permanent home with you! English Bulldogs do come in many varieties of wrinkles and it seems sizes,too! As Natallia said, there could be a mix there,but if so-he is definitely welcome here! Not all have white markings on their bodies. [MENTION=18047]Katephotofreak[/MENTION]

Dakota Bully

Sep 23, 2016
North Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Diesel, Alise, Pia & Piglet Wiggle Britches
Hello and welcome! He is a very beautiful boy!! He does look like he could have a mix in him, but what would that matter? He looks so sweet!! That is a normal color as they can be all fawn, and is an approved color with the BCA. Some do have the extra wrinkles. I hope he has a forever home with you now. Pretty sure he does since he has been with you for a year now and you seem to look like you kinda like him, lol.:D. Congrats on being lucky enough to get such a handsome boy!

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
View attachment 110892Well actually we’ve had him for a year but I’m new on here.
I have some questions about Max. He originally came from a breeder in Turlock California however I’m his third owner. So I don’t know what sort of breeder it was. He was in tact until the second owner fixed him at 2 years old. He’s three now and a great family dog. My question is about his color and his massive amounts of wrinkles. Is this a normal color? He’s solid fawn. No spots besides aa White strip on his chest. Everyone also thinks he’s a shar pai because he’s extra wrinkly.
What do you think?View attachment 110891

Welcome! He is absolutely beautiful! You will find all the answers you need here. Everyone is great and vet knowledgeable!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. [emoji190][emoji252]

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
No matter what, he's absolutely beautiful!!! I would say more on the Bordeaux side as Shar Pei he would have a lot evene wrinkles on the body n not just the head. Enjoy your beautiful boy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW... he is gorgeous!!! Color is fine and I agree there is a mix of some type but he is a beauty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
One look at his tail may tell the tale...post a pic of it when you have a chance

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
No matter what, he is stunning! I have been trying to get a picture of Monty with all his face wrinkles but he is not cooperating so I found an old one. As you can see from the second picture he is all bulldog but his face is wrinkly!

20140907_091711.jpg

His wagon.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

Members online