Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 21

Thread: New to the forums and brand new owner.

  1. #1
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    Brazil
    Posts
    27
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordon
    Likes (Received)
    45

    Default New to the forums and brand new owner.

    Hello everyone, my name is Diego and I'm from Brazil, english is my second language so bear with me =)
    Today I brought home our new puppy, his name is Gordon and he's 7 weeks old, so I started to look for an online community to help me with questions as they arise, and here I am.
    I'm 35 years old and I've owned german shepherds and labrador retrievers in the past, since then I've moved to an apartment and after 6 years suffering from dog withdrawal, I decided to get a new member for the household. I've read a lot about the breed before getting one and I'm prepared to give him the level of care it deserves.
    I'll try and keep this post updated with pictures as he grows, here are some pictures of his first day in his new home.
    -22688520_10203770838107202_3022353385194290605_n-jpg
    -22752291_10203770806626415_2142286694_n-jpg
    -22781982_10203770806426410_1460363365_n-jpg

  2. Likes sisters3, DAmbra, MFrey2012, ddnene, 2BullyMama liked this post
  3. #2
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,356
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13771

    Default Re: New to the forums and brand new owner.

    Quote Originally Posted by dmhernandez View Post
    Hello everyone, my name is Diego and I'm from Brazil, english is my second language so bear with me =)
    Today I brought home our new puppy, his name is Gordon and he's 7 weeks old, so I started to look for an online community to help me with questions as they arise, and here I am.
    I'm 35 years old and I've owned german shepherds and labrador retrievers in the past, since then I've moved to an apartment and after 6 years suffering from dog withdrawal, I decided to get a new member for the household. I've read a lot about the breed before getting one and I'm prepared to give him the level of care it deserves.
    I'll try and keep this post updated with pictures as he grows, here are some pictures of his first day in his new home.
    -22688520_10203770838107202_3022353385194290605_n-jpg
    -22752291_10203770806626415_2142286694_n-jpg
    -22781982_10203770806426410_1460363365_n-jpg
    WELCOME!!!!! Oh my, Gordon is a cutie pie!!!! There's lots to read in here. Great information! Feel free to ask if you cant find something. We will answer your questions. I can give you advice on one thing I see in your photos. Never give any ropes to a dog. They chew off the rope and can twist tie their intestines/stomach etc. Get real raw marrow bones. Not too big as Gordon is small. Im sure you already know that. You have other dogs

  4. #3
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    Brazil
    Posts
    27
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordon
    Likes (Received)
    45

    Default Re: New to the forums and brand new owner.

    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    WELCOME!!!!! Oh my, Gordon is a cutie pie!!!! There's lots to read in here. Great information! Feel free to ask if you cant find something. We will answer your questions. I can give you advice on one thing I see in your photos. Never give any ropes to a dog. They chew off the rope and can twist tie their intestines/stomach etc. Get real raw marrow bones. Not too big as Gordon is small. Im sure you already know that. You have other dogs
    I never gave rope toys to my dogs before, I guess I went a bit overboard when getting toys to make him feel at home, thanks for the advice, I'll swap for a real marrow one!

  5. #4
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    11,356
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)
    13771

    Default Re: New to the forums and brand new owner.

    Quote Originally Posted by dmhernandez View Post
    I never gave rope toys to my dogs before, I guess I went a bit overboard when getting toys to make him feel at home, thanks for the advice, I'll swap for a real marrow one!
    Marrow bones will save your furnitures, you hands from baby shark teeth lol. All dogs love ropes but why take a risk. Not worth it. Anyway, marrow taste better

  6. Likes dmhernandez liked this post
  7. #5
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Posts
    4,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)
    3838

    Default Re: New to the forums and brand new owner.

    welcome and he sure is a cutie. Great breed you chose Your going to be so in love, and read read read. They are reallllllll special.. lol Lots of funny quirks known to them and your going to laugh a lot Enjoy,,, Sure is a doll!

  8. #6
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    mer55's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Venice, FL.
    Posts
    1,046
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
    Likes (Received)
    442

    Default Re: New to the forums and brand new owner.

    Congratulations on your new family member! You will be starting a wild ride, as bulldogs are very special in their psyche as you will soon find out. You are absolutely in the best place possible here... read read read!! There is very solid and helpful info here regarding food, behavior issues ( oh yes, you WILL have them) and types of toys to buy. One of the biggest no-no's is rawhide in any shape or form. A bully will chew them til they are so soft, then try to swallow them- if it doesn't get caught in their throat going down, it will be a catastrophe in their stomach and intestine. Some horrible stories here on that topic. You raised shepherds and retrievers in the past, well, um, well..... Seriously, you will become a master at making Gordon think whatever you want him to do is his idea! He is gorgeous by the way, and will look forward to watching him grow! Lots and lots of pictures and stories please!!!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

  9. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
  10. #7
    Rescue Volunteer MFrey2012's Avatar
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    1,996
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)
    2699

    Default Re: New to the forums and brand new owner.

    Gordon!! You are melting my heart, you are such a cutie. You have come to the right place, you will love it here. Can't wait to see all of your adventures


    Thanks and much Love,

    Melissa - Ellie's Mom

  11. #8
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    14,301
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    8013

    Default Re: New to the forums and brand new owner.

    to EBN!!!

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

  12. #9
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    rjisaterp's Avatar
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Posts
    6,546
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    5920

    Default Re: New to the forums and brand new owner.

    Welcome Diego and Gordon to EBN. Jewel and Bentley say hello.

  13. #10
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    Brazil
    Posts
    27
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gordon
    Likes (Received)
    45

    Default Re: New to the forums and brand new owner.

    Thank you for the warm welcome, you guys are awesome and I'm sure both Gordon and I will be in good hands.

  14. #11
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,895
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog) and Ella Mae
    Likes (Received)
    6795

    Default Re: New to the forums and brand new owner.

    Welcome to you and Gordon! He is so precious and cute and teeny tiny. They grow up so fast so enjoy the tininess now!

    One thing I will add is since Gordon has an all white face, be careful of tear stains. I am going through them with Louie but he has entropian which is causing excessive tearing and will probably be getting surgery when he gets neutered. I suggest cleaning his folds every couple of days, make sure they stay dry and sometimes giving filtered water or bottled spring water will help as well as stainless steel bowls.

  15. #12
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    harveyspecter's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Yorba Linda (The OC), California
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    4506

    Default Re: New to the forums and brand new owner.

    Gordon is beautiful.
    Hug your bully today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •