New to the forums and brand new owner.

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
Hello everyone, my name is Diego and I'm from Brazil, english is my second language so bear with me =)
Today I brought home our new puppy, his name is Gordon and he's 7 weeks old, so I started to look for an online community to help me with questions as they arise, and here I am.
I'm 35 years old and I've owned german shepherds and labrador retrievers in the past, since then I've moved to an apartment and after 6 years suffering from dog withdrawal, I decided to get a new member for the household. I've read a lot about the breed before getting one and I'm prepared to give him the level of care it deserves.
I'll try and keep this post updated with pictures as he grows, here are some pictures of his first day in his new home.
22688520_10203770838107202_3022353385194290605_n.jpg
22752291_10203770806626415_2142286694_n.jpg
22781982_10203770806426410_1460363365_n.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello everyone, my name is Diego and I'm from Brazil, english is my second language so bear with me =)
Today I brought home our new puppy, his name is Gordon and he's 7 weeks old, so I started to look for an online community to help me with questions as they arise, and here I am.
I'm 35 years old and I've owned german shepherds and labrador retrievers in the past, since then I've moved to an apartment and after 6 years suffering from dog withdrawal, I decided to get a new member for the household. I've read a lot about the breed before getting one and I'm prepared to give him the level of care it deserves.
I'll try and keep this post updated with pictures as he grows, here are some pictures of his first day in his new home.
View attachment 108784
View attachment 108785
View attachment 108786

WELCOME!!!!! Oh my, Gordon is a cutie pie!!!! There's lots to read in here. Great information! Feel free to ask if you cant find something. We will answer your questions. I can give you advice on one thing I see in your photos. Never give any ropes to a dog. They chew off the rope and can twist tie their intestines/stomach etc. Get real raw marrow bones. Not too big as Gordon is small. Im sure you already know that. You have other dogs :)

OP
D

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
WELCOME!!!!! Oh my, Gordon is a cutie pie!!!! There's lots to read in here. Great information! Feel free to ask if you cant find something. We will answer your questions. I can give you advice on one thing I see in your photos. Never give any ropes to a dog. They chew off the rope and can twist tie their intestines/stomach etc. Get real raw marrow bones. Not too big as Gordon is small. Im sure you already know that. You have other dogs :)
I never gave rope toys to my dogs before, I guess I went a bit overboard when getting toys to make him feel at home, thanks for the advice, I'll swap for a real marrow one!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I never gave rope toys to my dogs before, I guess I went a bit overboard when getting toys to make him feel at home, thanks for the advice, I'll swap for a real marrow one!

Marrow bones will save your furnitures, you hands from baby shark teeth lol. All dogs love ropes but why take a risk. Not worth it. Anyway, marrow taste better :)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
welcome and he sure is a cutie. Great breed you chose ;) Your going to be so in love, and read read read. They are reallllllll special.. lol Lots of funny quirks known to them and your going to laugh a lot ;) Enjoy,,, Sure is a doll!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Congratulations on your new family member! You will be starting a wild ride, as bulldogs are very special in their psyche as you will soon find out. You are absolutely in the best place possible here... read read read!! There is very solid and helpful info here regarding food, behavior issues ( oh yes, you WILL have them) and types of toys to buy. One of the biggest no-no's is rawhide in any shape or form. A bully will chew them til they are so soft, then try to swallow them- if it doesn't get caught in their throat going down, it will be a catastrophe in their stomach and intestine. Some horrible stories here on that topic. You raised shepherds and retrievers in the past, well, um, well....:lmaoboy:. Seriously, you will become a master at making Gordon think whatever you want him to do is his idea! He is gorgeous by the way, and will look forward to watching him grow! Lots and lots of pictures and stories please!!!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
:welcome3: Gordon!! You are melting my heart, you are such a cutie. You have come to the right place, you will love it here. Can't wait to see all of your adventures

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OP
D

dmhernandez

Oct 23, 2017
Country
Brazil
Bulldog(s) Names
Gordon
Thank you for the warm welcome, you guys are awesome and I'm sure both Gordon and I will be in good hands.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Welcome to you and Gordon! He is so precious and cute and teeny tiny. They grow up so fast so enjoy the tininess now!

One thing I will add is since Gordon has an all white face, be careful of tear stains. I am going through them with Louie but he has entropian which is causing excessive tearing and will probably be getting surgery when he gets neutered. I suggest cleaning his folds every couple of days, make sure they stay dry and sometimes giving filtered water or bottled spring water will help as well as stainless steel bowls.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=17714]dmhernandez[/MENTION] Gordon is sooooooo cute! :welcome2:to EBN! Happy that you joined,and you will be,also. Many nice people and Bullies,too. Much help to be had when you need it. No question is too silly! We all need help sometime!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HOLY CUTENESS!!! he is precious!

:welcome3: to EBN

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.