JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hello everyone! I came across this site when I was doing my research on Bulldogs before we got Wilson. Thanks for all the informative information. I (and my husband) have had dogs most our lives but Wilson is our first Bulldog. He's 11 weeks old today and doing great in our household. We have a senior dog who's 12.5+ who's handling him really well (his litter mate died recently at 12.5).

I found a good Bulldog vet, Dr. Tom Geiselhardt and we see him on the 1st. Wilson's already had his wellness check and got a good bill of health (for now anyway). I'm prepared and pretty informed with all the possible issues that Bulldog get so we're ready :). Our other dog has has two TPLO, his splean removed and two other minor surgeries.

We're slowly transitioning his food from Science Diet to Wellness. I think the Wellness makes his stools a bit loose though. Not bad but loose.

Now I would like to say Puppies are a handful. :lol:

Jeannie

Attachments

• IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 118

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wilson is a doll! I do hope you will keep sharing photos of him. We would love to see your other dog too, who must be so special to you after all these years.

The loose stools could be from the transition, but I have heard from many this same issue. Wellness is a great food, but not one of our recommended dog foods. You should probably finish the transition and wait a couple weeks and see if the stools firm up before deciding to change again too quickly.

Welcome to the site, glad you decided to introduce yourself and Wilson to us! :D

L

Lucy-licious

Hi there and welcome, I'm sure you will continue to find lots of useful information on the site...just about every topic is covered + some.
We're all very welcoming and love new babies so you and Wilson will fit into our family just fine.
Wilson is a right cutey by the way :luv: more pictures please xx

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Welcome! I agree Wilson is a doll! Looking forward to seeing a lot more pics of him.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for all the nice welcomes! We just love him to pieces. He's quite a card and quite adventurous and rambunctious, oh my :crazy:.

Here's our other boys taken last October during a morning sunrise at the lake (Orion, the brindle boy on the left passed on 1/31/11 very unexpectedly). Ace is my Mr. Snugglebuns (he has many nicknames:D).

Our lives revolve around our boys so needless to say, we have TONS of pictures...:heart::heart:.

Attachments

• IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for the info on the food. I've read quite a bit and have been checking out Fromm's website and reading the posts hear. The only issue I see with him so far is dandruff. I'll check the other food recommended and see if they're avail. locally, I know Fromm is and not too far from where I live. :yes: I'll make the transition and then if we change again I'll make a slow transition to another food.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi and welcome. We (Jake)ate brand new to this site also. Your pup is beautiful. Like you this is also our first bully..wanted one forever and after not having a pup..only full grown rescues..I agree, puppies ARE a handful!

Uh..didn't mean ate..meant are...jeez

Last edited:
OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Becky, Your Jake is adorable! Sorta reminds me of my Wilson. It's been 30 years since I had a puppy and my son is 30 now so it's quite a change. I've had dogs most my life but either came into them when they were older or after puppyhood. So worth it though.

Looking forward to seeing more picture of Jake!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]
1st off....what does the silly boy have in his mouth in your avatar photo?
2nd...love the name Orion. We have an Orion also.
3rd...welcome to the site!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Howdy, that would be an ice cube in his mouth, that was about two weeks ago. Seemed to help with his teething, for a moment that is.

I saw that you had an Orion, I've been following the board for a few weeks now. Yours in the first other Orion I've seen.

Thanks for the welcome! I still have lots to learn and am taking in all I can on the breed.

@JeannieCO
1st off....what does the silly boy have in his mouth in your avatar photo?
2nd...love the name Orion. We have an Orion also.
3rd...welcome to the site!

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Howdy, that would be an ice cube in his mouth, that was about two weeks ago. Seemed to help with his teething, for a moment that is.

I saw that you had an Orion, I've been following the board for a few weeks now. Yours in the first other Orion I've seen.

Thanks for the welcome! I still have lots to learn and am taking in all I can on the breed.

Did you ever get the people who pronounce it Or-ree-on? I'm trying to get the girl at our clinic to pronounce it right. :crazy: [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]

Libra926

Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]
Orion was intended for a male bully name, but circumstances changed and our little PITA landed into our laps. I love the play on her name. We call her O. And we always tell her "O-no". Our newest one is "O-sit". :poo:
Here is part of Orion's story. English Bulldog News Forums ~ - Moderator Spotlight: Libra926

What are some of the nicknames you had for your Orion?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I love the stories I've been reading about Chaos - what a cutie and handful he is. He reminds me of Wilson.:) I will check Fromm.

welcome! Wilson is a doll! U should look into Fromm, my bully is 13 weeks and he loves it!! And its one of the best foods out there! I can't get it locally so I order from Petflow

Libra, we never had anyone mispronouce Orion's name, guess we were lucky. Other nicknames we had for him were "Good Child". He was just perfect, never gave us an issue, health or manners. He always aimed to please. I think he missed his calling of being a working dog. He always did what was asked of him, unlike his brother, HeWhoGetsIntoEverything, Sir. Snugglebuns, HeWhoHasIssues, and HeWhoPeesAlot, Mom'sBucketofCuteness, the nicknames go on and on and one for Ace. Oh yea, Mr.Needy, that's my favorite right now. :up: I'll have to go read your story now :).

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.