New Bulldog Mom

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I would love to get some background on her however her last owners decided that tying her to the front steps of a shelter in Texas was the right thing to do before the storm. So I have no help there. I hired a trainer and she believes the dog had little human contact. Pretty much ferral She has adjusted to my king size bed just fine though lol now if I could get her to eat we would be in good shape lol

This wouldn't happen be the dog you adopted would it? The following was on FB and I have just copied it all.

Wheezy.jpg

I realize we haven't told Wheezy's story so here it is:
Wheezy and my husband were stuck in the flood waters in Vidor Texas for 3days. For those 3 days my husband carried wheezy and swam with her over his head. On the 3rd day they had found a safe place in a second story apartment on Main Street in Vidor. There were about 13 people and 3 dogs in this apartment. The apartment was crowded with not enough food for everyone. The older lady that lived in the apartment was the mother of one of our friends. The 3rd day my husband and 10 others decided to evacuate by boat, they were going to take the dogs but the older lady said to leave them with her and she would take care of them because she would not be evacuating. The animals had plenty of food and the people were exhausted so it sounded like a good plan at the time. Unfortunately the older lady decided to evacuate about 12 hours later. She said that when she was rescued by boat the person who rescued her put people in one boat and animals in another boat, when she made it back to land the animals were gone. She said she does not remember what the bot looks like and that she did not see the animals again after reaching land. She was told they would be taken to evaDale. Upon receiving this information we checked evaDale and they said they had rerouted the animals to the Buna ag building. I have talked to several teachers and volunteers at the ag building and they all same the same thing, "an English bulldog never came through there". My friend visited the ag building and met a young man who admitted to seeing the dogs and he was able to describe the dogs perfectly from the collars they were wearing to the crates they were in. He said he took the 3 dogs off the bus, tagged them, and placed them back on the bus to go to nacogdoches,tx. I personally drove to nacogdoches and wheezy was not there, nor were the others. They also said they had never seen an English bulldog. I personally visited shelters in Texarkana, Shreveport, Alexandria, Lafayette LA, Tyler, nacogdoches, center, Jasper, Lufkin, orange, port Arthur, Beaumont, Vidor, bridge city, Buna, kirbyville, Montgomery county, brazoria county, Austin, NRG arena, and a few other smaller ones outside of Houston. We went to Ford park and Houston spca but they would not let us come in and look at the animals and keep redirecting me to the website which clearly does not have all the rescued animals listed. Wheezy is a female, fawn colored English bulldog. She is 2 years old and medium sized, probably between 45 and 50lbs. She is loving and playful and has more energy than most bulldogs. We miss her so much. The other 2 dogs that went missing with wheezy was Jada a female blue pit wearing a purple collar and Max a little fluffy white dog(I don't know much about max). Please help us find our pup!!

OP
N

Nico1124

Sep 23, 2017
Medford NY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico
No, it’s not Her. I will forward that on my FB page as well.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
No, it’s not Her. I will forward that on my FB page as well.

It didn't sound like your description with her being almost feral but I thought I would pass it on. Having any luck with the eating? Hang in there!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
This wouldn't happen be the dog you adopted would it? The following was on FB and I have just copied it all.

View attachment 108401

I realize we haven't told Wheezy's story so here it is:
Wheezy and my husband were stuck in the flood waters in Vidor Texas for 3days. For those 3 days my husband carried wheezy and swam with her over his head. On the 3rd day they had found a safe place in a second story apartment on Main Street in Vidor. There were about 13 people and 3 dogs in this apartment. The apartment was crowded with not enough food for everyone. The older lady that lived in the apartment was the mother of one of our friends. The 3rd day my husband and 10 others decided to evacuate by boat, they were going to take the dogs but the older lady said to leave them with her and she would take care of them because she would not be evacuating. The animals had plenty of food and the people were exhausted so it sounded like a good plan at the time. Unfortunately the older lady decided to evacuate about 12 hours later. She said that when she was rescued by boat the person who rescued her put people in one boat and animals in another boat, when she made it back to land the animals were gone. She said she does not remember what the bot looks like and that she did not see the animals again after reaching land. She was told they would be taken to evaDale. Upon receiving this information we checked evaDale and they said they had rerouted the animals to the Buna ag building. I have talked to several teachers and volunteers at the ag building and they all same the same thing, "an English bulldog never came through there". My friend visited the ag building and met a young man who admitted to seeing the dogs and he was able to describe the dogs perfectly from the collars they were wearing to the crates they were in. He said he took the 3 dogs off the bus, tagged them, and placed them back on the bus to go to nacogdoches,tx. I personally drove to nacogdoches and wheezy was not there, nor were the others. They also said they had never seen an English bulldog. I personally visited shelters in Texarkana, Shreveport, Alexandria, Lafayette LA, Tyler, nacogdoches, center, Jasper, Lufkin, orange, port Arthur, Beaumont, Vidor, bridge city, Buna, kirbyville, Montgomery county, brazoria county, Austin, NRG arena, and a few other smaller ones outside of Houston. We went to Ford park and Houston spca but they would not let us come in and look at the animals and keep redirecting me to the website which clearly does not have all the rescued animals listed. Wheezy is a female, fawn colored English bulldog. She is 2 years old and medium sized, probably between 45 and 50lbs. She is loving and playful and has more energy than most bulldogs. We miss her so much. The other 2 dogs that went missing with wheezy was Jada a female blue pit wearing a purple collar and Max a little fluffy white dog(I don't know much about max). Please help us find our pup!!

Just found out this dog has been finally found! What great news. Apparently, the Cajun Navy found all three dogs safe and sound and being well looked after, YAY!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Just want to say hi to Nico! This is a great place for bulldogs and their owners.:D

MomofJake

Sep 17, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I completely understand what you are going through. We just rescued a 9yr old EB. The rescue said he wasn't eating for them and was concerned about that when we adopted him. He is 70# so the vet said not to worry. It took him 3 days before he would even take food from my hand. Sadly I did the hand feeding also you just feel so much hurt for them. It took a full 2 weeks before Jake decided to eat from a bowl. I still remember hearing him eat on his own we silently rejoiced as to not scare him. It's a big adjustment for them, I can still see how depressed Jake is not to be in his old home. He just needs more time.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I completely understand what you are going through. We just rescued a 9yr old EB. The rescue said he wasn't eating for them and was concerned about that when we adopted him. He is 70# so the vet said not to worry. It took him 3 days before he would even take food from my hand. Sadly I did the hand feeding also you just feel so much hurt for them. It took a full 2 weeks before Jake decided to eat from a bowl. I still remember hearing him eat on his own we silently rejoiced as to not scare him. It's a big adjustment for them, I can still see how depressed Jake is not to be in his old home. He just needs more time.

Sweet story [MENTION=17606]MomofJake[/MENTION] .. good wonderful bulldog parents loving their boy :)

Karen100

Apr 14, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie,Taylor,Gatsby
Thank you so much for rescuing this bully. I have a bully that I had to hand feed. I changed her food to Acana and bought liver. I boil it with water and the puray it . I give her two table spoons in each meal and she loves it. She stands up and starts licking her lips when I am making it. No more hand feeding. Works great. Good luck😁😁😁

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.