PeggyV

Sep 13, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Grace
My name is Peggy and I am new to the English Bulldog breed.

I have had dogs all my life, but I make it kind of a policy that I never get the same breed twice so that my new pup never has to live in the shadow of my previous furbaby. My last baby's name was Hope. She was a Chinese Shar-pei and recently passed away after a battle with terminal liver failure at the age of 11 and a half. She was the last of my previous pack (I also had a Puggle named Otis I had adopted at 8 years old from my local humane society who passed at 15 years old and a Chihuahua named Scooter I adopted at 7 months old who passed of old age at 19 and a half years old) and I was suddenly without any furbabies to nurture...a first for me :(

I literally had no reason to get out of bed after losing Hope, and I made up my mind to fill the void with a new baby. Enter Grace :)

I found her in Slavonia (I am a US citizen currently residing in Croatia for the next few months) and I took her home the same day. She has been a welcome handful, to be sure :D As with any new breed, there are characteristics I am finding that are typical of the breed as well as characteristics that are only typical in your individual puppy (lol) so that is why I am here....I hope to glean lots of helpful advice and tips to make Grace's stay with me as rewarding for both of us as possible.

I am pleased to meet such a large group of dog lovers and I hope I can not only learn from you all but maybe even help out a little myself :)

Peggy

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
[MENTION=17584]PeggyV[/MENTION] Welcome to EBN Peggy and Grace. Jewel and Bentley say Hello.

Thank you for adopting Grace into your home.

Please peruse the site as there are many articles and threads that have answers to your many questions. If tht fails, please post a thread and one of our members will chime in and hopefully answer your question and or address your concerns.

Again, welcome to EBN.

--rj

OP
PeggyV

PeggyV

Sep 13, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Grace
thanks for the welcome :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4: [MENTION=17584]PeggyV[/MENTION] and Grace! Happy that you joined!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs!

thank you so much for recusing all those babies and giving them such wonderful lives

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Welcome to Peggy and Grace :) Such a great introduction and I'm so glad you came here and you will be too. It's a great place for anyone, but super great if you have one of these goofie loving hunks of bully for a dog ;) So much infor to learn, and great willing people here to help... Enjoy, and yes on the pictures... love um :p

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.