New Bullymama in The Woodlands, Texas

Sir Bentley

Jan 27, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Bentley
Welcome to you and your Fur Baby. He is one handsome boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMrsDevilDoc

Jan 30, 2014
Southern AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ally, Hank, Charlotte
You look like a massive dose of fun Tiny![emoji23] I just wanna hug & squeeze ya!❤️ Welcome!

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Tiny boy is perfect. You will never regret rescuing him. He's gonna be the love of your life. ❤️❤️❤️

OP
Admurphy3030

Admurphy3030

Sep 3, 2017
The Woodlands, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiny & Deuce
:welcome3: to EBN!

Tiny is one handsome boy! To lose some of the 'fluff'... cut his kibble in half and add fresh steamed green beans or thawed frozen green benas to make up for the kibble reduction. He'll shed them pounds and not be hungray.

Also, what are you currently feeding him .. how much at each meal?

Thanks 2BullyMama!
The vet who works with the rescue sent us home with Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic to help with Tiny's weight loss. After reading all the posts here, I realized that food isn't the best and instead purchased Fromm Gold Coast grain free weight management for him. Right now we are feeding him one cup in the morning and one cup in the evening. That is a little less than the recommended amount per the feeding guide but I also add organic green beans to both meals for bulk (as he just looks at me after each feeding as if to say "that's all?").:fie:

I also found the vegas stew recipe suggested in one of the forums and might try that as well. When the rescue first got him, he was over 90lbs and but weighed 80.4 at his vet appointment last week...so that is good news. We are walking every morning for exercise and we can already tell he seems to be moving easier with more energy. It is going to take some time to get him down to a healthier weight but I think we are on the right track. He doesn't seem to suffer from allergies apart from an occasional reddish muzzle...so I am watching that to determine the trigger. Anyway...thanks for the reply and any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated!

IMG_0514.JPG

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor says hi and welcome! Beautiful boy and you will find lots of info here!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks 2BullyMama!
The vet who works with the rescue sent us home with Hill's Prescription Diet Metabolic to help with Tiny's weight loss. After reading all the posts here, I realized that food isn't the best and instead purchased Fromm Gold Coast grain free weight management for him. Right now we are feeding him one cup in the morning and one cup in the evening. That is a little less than the recommended amount per the feeding guide but I also add organic green beans to both meals for bulk (as he just looks at me after each feeding as if to say "that's all?").:fie:

I also found the vegas stew recipe suggested in one of the forums and might try that as well. When the rescue first got him, he was over 90lbs and but weighed 80.4 at his vet appointment last week...so that is good news. We are walking every morning for exercise and we can already tell he seems to be moving easier with more energy. It is going to take some time to get him down to a healthier weight but I think we are on the right track. He doesn't seem to suffer from allergies apart from an occasional reddish muzzle...so I am watching that to determine the trigger. Anyway...thanks for the reply and any suggestions/tips would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 107968

FANTASTIC plan... keep us posted and ask away on any questions we are here to help

Marnie

Sep 7, 2017
Country
West middlands England
Bulldog(s) Names
Marnie
FANTASTIC plan... keep us posted and ask away on any questions we are here to help

How old is he he looks great I love him [emoji7]

Members online

No members online now.