10 weeks old #SiuMaithebulldog teething issues

SiuMai

Sep 1, 2017
Country
Hong Kong
Bulldog(s) Names
SiuMai
Hi Everyone and thanks for having this website and forum. Am a total newbie where English bulldogs is concerned.

We live in Hong Kong and our puppy #SiuMai is 9 weeks old when we bought her from a reliable pet shop. Anyone from HK here?

Is Tug of War bad for puppies? somehow she loves it.....

Looking forward to your guidance and advice.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!

Tug of war is OK BUT make sure you always end the game (win). I would not pull too hard due to baby teeth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Welcome SiuMai... glad you found this place as there is so much to learn about these guys and so many experienced people who can help :) enjoy your pup :) And we love pictures :)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Welcome to EBN. Yes puppy teeth are sharp and will definitely puncture your skin. Please do not give rawhide to your bully as that stuff is a choking hazard. Get a hard rubber toy (Kong) or antler for a chew toy. Bullies are heavy chewers.

Again welcome to the forum.

OP
SiuMai

SiuMai

Sep 1, 2017
Country
Hong Kong
Bulldog(s) Names
SiuMai
Thank you for the advice.

SiuMai is now 11 weeks old and she is very aggressive sometimes. She likes to bite everything including my fingers and toes. My hand got bitten by her. Is there any useful advice on how to curb the aggression?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you for the advice.

SiuMai is now 11 weeks old and she is very aggressive sometimes. She likes to bite everything including my fingers and toes. My hand got bitten by her. Is there any useful advice on how to curb the aggression?

This is puppy play.. no necessarily 'aggressive '.

Give a firm NO... and redirect with what is hers... toy or bone

OP
SiuMai

SiuMai

Sep 1, 2017
Country
Hong Kong
Bulldog(s) Names
SiuMai
The diapers n papers are all torn up by SiuMai. I have resorted to the green plastic toilet mat. She used it twice today n thereafter kept biting it. Sometimes she remembers to pee in the garden. As the weather in Hong Kong now is still pretty warm at 30 degrees Celsius, she dislikes going out. I will just have to keep cleaning n forget bout diapers totally.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.