Hello from Ireland!

Cool gals

Aug 30, 2017
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly and Bo
Hi everyone, I'm new today! I have 2 'Cool gals', Molly and Bo and they have taken over our lives, they are the best fun and so loved but soooo much work.... I need some help with a few things... Molly is 4 years old, we have her since she was a puppy, at the moment she's ok, Bo is 3 years old and Mollys half sister.. she's the trouble at the moment! She can't get through the night without peeing and pooing on the floor and her pee really burns the grass.. we've been thru the uti infect route, I've tried feeding her her last feed earlier in the day, they get lots of exercise.. any suggestions?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Welcome Cool gals to EBN. Jewel and Bentley say hello. I know that someone will chime in with suggestions for you. But in the meantime, please peruse the forum using the advance search which might lead you to some threads regarding your situation with Bo.

Again, welcome to EBN.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! We would love to see pics of your babies...

Have you had her urine tested again? Is her poo loose or solid? It could be a behavioral issue, but I would start w/a good checkup to make sure something else isn't going on. What is her diet? Any changes lately?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hi and welcome :) They ARE so much work aren't they!!! Love my boy to death but oh lordy, hunk of mustle to deal with through all the cleanings etc they need. As far as the pee poop issue, i'll leave that to the experts. I always learn every time they offer help so will be waiting with ya... Enjoy, and like mentioned, go up to that 'search' box and put I a few words and see what ya get while your waiting. enjoy :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!

Burning the grass may mean the food is not right for her... also how is her poo... soft, runny, any mucus in it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Cool gals

Cool gals

Aug 30, 2017
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly and Bo
Thanks everyone for the replies.. we had success last night for the first time! Took Bo out walking before bedtime and there was nothing on the floor this morning. Hooray! Did the same tonight so hoping for a clean floor tomorrow! They get a lot of exercise during the day but we were not walking late at night and obviously the trotting makes her poop! I've been reading so much on the forums here, I can't believe all the information and everyone is so helpful and concerned, it's fabulous.. I seem to spend my time (and tons of money) at the vets! We just seem to get over one thing and then another comes along! Bo also has a tail pocket, more fun but at the moment all is under control there.. she's got a little cyst on the fold at her muzzle so we're on antibiotics for that and cream every day! I'm sure I'll find all the answers on her, thank you all so much!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks everyone for the replies.. we had success last night for the first time! Took Bo out walking before bedtime and there was nothing on the floor this morning. Hooray! Did the same tonight so hoping for a clean floor tomorrow! They get a lot of exercise during the day but we were not walking late at night and obviously the trotting makes her poop! I've been reading so much on the forums here, I can't believe all the information and everyone is so helpful and concerned, it's fabulous.. I seem to spend my time (and tons of money) at the vets! We just seem to get over one thing and then another comes along! Bo also has a tail pocket, more fun but at the moment all is under control there.. she's got a little cyst on the fold at her muzzle so we're on antibiotics for that and cream every day! I'm sure I'll find all the answers on her, thank you all so much!

Awesome!!

Ask away on any question you have... we are all here to help and keep our babies healthy

And of course share pictures [emoji16]

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
Welcome! I'm still new as well and this site has been very useful and helpful for all things english bulldog! Love your pooches' names, we considered the name Bo for a boy or girl!

Hope to see pics soon of your babies!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We had a problem with the urine really burning the grass and the vet said too much protein. We got a lower protein food and always soaked the area with water after they peed. We followed Monty with a watering can. Something helped but I can't really tell you which one!!! Some help, right?!! In the end we got rid of the grass because my dachshund was scratching it all up anyway.

And welcome to the forum!

OP
Cool gals

Cool gals

Aug 30, 2017
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly and Bo
You are so funny! I can't imagine following Bo with a watering can!! We've got these 'dog rocks', recommended by a friend, you put them in their drinking water! Giving it a go.. will keep you updated.. I'm trying to load pics but it keeps saying I have to change my privacy settings? Is there an app for this forum or do I have to keep going thru google?

Most Reactions

Members online