Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Hello! Welcome to the site. We are very happy you have joined us :D

We are creating this tutorial for new members to try to simplify how to navigate our site.

We are a website of information, fun pages, but we are mostly a forum, also known as a message board. It is similar to a facebook, but also different. You can post anything in the forums (almost ;)) and we have created several different boards for you to choose where your subject fits the best.

If you click on the Forum tab at the top of the forums you will see many "boards" to choose from. All things bulldog, and even some for not bulldog too! We also have many created pages that are for information purposes, from shopping, breeders, rescues, and more. Once you create a new discussion, or post in an existing one, the topic (also known as a thread) will be displayed at the top of the forum, and also on the "Community News" page. Each time someone replies to the topic, it will get 'bumped' to the top again.

You can also create Blogs instead of posts if you wish. A Blog is an Online Journal~ or a diary, of your day to day experiences. We have also included "Dog Blogs" just in case you would like to create an alternate identity for your dog. :) All new Blogs are also displayed on the "Community News" page.

The Community News page is for all the most recent news regarding our site. You will see all topics that have been created or replied to in the past 24 hours. You will also see recent Blog posts, who's online, our newest members (so you can send them a welcome message if you wish), and any news about our site. This is my favorite page. :)

Getting Started: Customizing Your Profile

Your profile has a place for your profile picture (this is what is displayed when another member visits your profile). This is NOT what is displayed in your posts. Your posts display your Avatar, and your "signature". A signature is something you would like to end all posts with, such as your name, a cute banner photo, a favorite quote, ect.
You are not permitted to display your website in your signature.

You are able to display your website in your profile however. I will get to this area soon.

User Albums: You can create user photo albums to be displayed. Photos must be under 2MB each, and the album cannot contain more than 100MB or 100 photos, whichever is greater. These photos will be displayed in the "Photo Gallery" for all members to view. You can also comment on the photos too :)

My Mood: Select your mood on the menu bar at the top of the forums.

Friends: Make friends on the site by sending friend requests to other members

Recent Visitors: Shows who has visited your profile recently.

PROFILE TABS:
Visitor Messages: This is a place where visitors to your profile can post messages, and you can respond back by posting in THEIR profile.

About Me: Tell about yourself, your dogs, and more. Here is also where you add your website.

Friends: This is a list of your friends you have made

Blog: This is all blog entries you have made

Activity: Tells what achievements you have earned

Awards: Tells what awards you have earned

Awards & Achievements:
We have always wanted to reward members for being helpful and for spending time on our forums. You can earn awards & achievements for posting, giving reputation, posting visitor messages, rating threads, contributing to the site, sponsoring, winning the photo of the month contest, creating new discussions, and more.

View our tutorial for the Points System, Bully Bucks and The Bulldog Market for more information on this fun new additon to our site!

The Arcade:
The arcade is free online games. Over 1000 games to choose from too! High scores are displayed and recorded. Can you become the King of the Arcade?

The Chatbox:
Chat with other members online. We will be organizing Chat times soon so right now it is sometimes just a random comment box :p, but you can also send a message to another member to meet you there!

Social Groups:
We have a Group section where you can create a group, meetup or club. You can invite members to join too!

Private Messages & Notifications:
You can send private messages, but you must post a certain number of times for this feature to be available to you. We were getting spammers on the site sending private messages out, so we had to put some limits on the feature. You will also be notified of many things, including New Achievements, Helpful Posts, Reputation Comments, Picture Comments, Group notifications and more.

This pretty much covers the basics, we have created several photo tutorials for you as well, you can view them all here:
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...Quick-and-Easy-Site-Tutorials-for-New-Members

Last edited:

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
Could someone tell me why when I click I do not want to link my facebook, I cannot get to the community page?

Thanks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Could someone tell me why when I click I do not want to link my facebook, I cannot get to the community page?

Thanks!

I have no idea! So you are saying that if you do not connect to facebook you cannot go to community news? That should not be right. Can anyone else let me know if you are having this same issue please?

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Thank you. I look forward to connecting with other EBD lovers~ My wife and I have been hooked for 5+ years now. Nice to meet all of you!:up:

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
Hello! Thanks for the Welcome! I'm so glad to find a website that shares my love (okay, obsession) of anything "bulldog"!! I own an 11 month old bully named Rosie and she has become my fourth child (I have three two-legged children). I just adore this dog, and love talking about her and getting advice from other bully owners. I welcome any tips that anyone has to give me!!

meatys mom

May 6, 2011
georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
meaty
I am so happy to have found your site. I am still trying to figure out how to get around. I have a 11 month old english bulldog who is such a cutie pie. I have had alot of skin issues. I have started him on one of the dogs food you all have recommended. This will be my third dog food and I have also done the raw food as well. I am praying this one will do well. Thanks again for such an awesome web site. Meatys Mom:bully:

nikkip410

Aug 5, 2011
STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK
Bulldog(s) Names
REX
Hello everyone and thank u so much for having such a fantastic website .. I am the proud owner of a 1 year old bully named rex .. And am always looking for answers to all the questions i have about this amazing breed

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
How do I change my Avatar on my profile?

sailnbyu

Feb 2, 2012
Texas & Caribbean
Bulldog(s) Names
margo
Hello, I'm a Mama of an 11 year young bully baby girl named Margo. always looking for new information on the breed, especially the health department! With a senior bully I need all of the info I can get and am happy to share what I have learned in 11 years of being owned by a bulldog.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hello, I'm a Mama of an 11 year young bully baby girl named Margo. always looking for new information on the breed, especially the health department! With a senior bully I need all of the info I can get and am happy to share what I have learned in 11 years of being owned by a bulldog.

Welcome, glad to see you started a new topic in the forums. Hope we can help!

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
Re: Tutorial: Welcome new members- About our forums and how it all works

Hello, everyone! I'm excited to say I'll be an english bulldog puppy owner as of Friday night! We'll be picking up our beautiful bully girl at the airport - and Friday can't come soon enough. :heart:

She's 8 weeks old and interestingly - has a blue and and a brown one? Will post pictures soon :)

-KaidasMom

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Hello, everyone! I'm excited to say I'll be an english bulldog puppy owner as of Friday night! We'll be picking up our beautiful bully girl at the airport - and Friday can't come soon enough. :heart:

She's 8 weeks old and interestingly - has a blue and and a brown one? Will post pictures soon :)

-KaidasMom

Hello... welcome to the site and the wonderful world of bulldogs!!! CONGRATS... and do not forget to post pictures for us

Patti

Jul 28, 2012
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Bulldogs are like Girl Scout cookies - you can never have just one...

Patti

Jul 28, 2012
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie

Kaidasmom-
How exciting! Best of luck!

Patti

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Question.
When one receives a group discussion notification how does one determine which group it came from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.