OP
G

giannac9852

Jul 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
rocco
This is the hardest! He's so uncomfortable.. got him to take his pain medicine and antibiotic.. with a little force unfortunately :( he did vomit before bed.. I'm leaving him with my mom while I am at work tomorrow and I have never been more anxious! I told her to make sure she gives him lots of cuddles.. I can't stand the thought of being away from him when he needs me the most :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is the hardest! He's so uncomfortable.. got him to take his pain medicine and antibiotic.. with a little force unfortunately :( he did vomit before bed.. I'm leaving him with my mom while I am at work tomorrow and I have never been more anxious! I told her to make sure she gives him lots of cuddles.. I can't stand the thought of being away from him when he needs me the most :(

For his meds... try latoc free vanilla ice cream... works like a charm for my guys. It is cold so they just swallow

How is he today

OP
G

giannac9852

Jul 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
rocco
For his meds... try latoc free vanilla ice cream... works like a charm for my guys. It is cold so they just swallow

How is he today
I'm going to have to try that when he gets home.. he threw up all night.. I was up with him and I took him in this morning they gave him a shot of antibiotic and pain medicine and an anti-nausea one as well. They also put fluids under his skin.. I brought him home and he slept for a little while and woke up puking against so I brought him back and they're going to keep him most likely until tonight or tomorrow morning.. I am so upset

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm going to have to try that when he gets home.. he threw up all night.. I was up with him and I took him in this morning they gave him a shot of antibiotic and pain medicine and an anti-nausea one as well. They also put fluids under his skin.. I brought him home and he slept for a little while and woke up puking against so I brought him back and they're going to keep him most likely until tonight or tomorrow morning.. I am so upset

He may still be getting sick from the anesthesia... it can happen, they just do not handle it well. It is best he is with them so they can monitor and address anything

Sending lots of prayers he is home soon and has a quick recovery.

keep us posted

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Have you tried wet canned foods or are you feeding him kibble? Chunky was sent home on canned food after his surgery to remove stones but the vet also kept him from friday morning until late sunday so they watched over him for a while.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
your heart must be just sick with worry... I'm sorry :( I hope that things have straightened out now... Let us know when you can. We all care..

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry for you and Rocco. Enlanrged prostate alone is VERY painful and stone in the urinary tract is life threatning. Has the vet told you what kind of stones they are. That should of been tested from his urine sample even before the surgery. If they were cystine or urate they are 100% hereditary, no way around it. Also what kind of an insurance doesn't cover all type of stone surgery??? Hope he starts feeling better soon.

OP
G

giannac9852

Jul 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
rocco
Hes doing great! Hes eating canned food at the moment and holding everything down! They did say the anesthesia was making him vomit so much but hes very playful and happy! Trying to keep him entertained but only to a certain extent because broken stitches will be another hefty bill! As far as determining the stone through a urinalysis they didnt tell me that at all. I definitely wouldve looked into that if i knew any better. ill try giving them a call. they sent his stones out for an analysis to determine what kind it could be because out of all 10 only 1 kind is hereditary, so they say. As of right now hes healing great but is a little smelly LOL i cant wait for the 2 weeks to finish so i can give my baby a bath! Ill be sure to log on when i find out any more information. thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Roc and I wholeheartedly appreciate it!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hes doing great! Hes eating canned food at the moment and holding everything down! They did say the anesthesia was making him vomit so much but hes very playful and happy! Trying to keep him entertained but only to a certain extent because broken stitches will be another hefty bill! As far as determining the stone through a urinalysis they didnt tell me that at all. I definitely wouldve looked into that if i knew any better. ill try giving them a call. they sent his stones out for an analysis to determine what kind it could be because out of all 10 only 1 kind is hereditary, so they say. As of right now hes healing great but is a little smelly LOL i cant wait for the 2 weeks to finish so i can give my baby a bath! Ill be sure to log on when i find out any more information. thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Roc and I wholeheartedly appreciate it!

So good to hear he is eating and holding it down. Look forward to updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G

giannac9852

Jul 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
rocco
Sorry I've been MIA! Working working working to cover bills bills and some more bills! But Rocco is doing great and we just got his results back and it was a cysteine stone and 100% hereditary.. so we will figure out what we can do about Petland.. but he's been so energetic and overall a happy healthy puppy ❤️ We both thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!! IMG_1442.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG
IMG_1259.JPG
IMG_1243.JPG

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sorry I've been MIA! Working working working to cover bills bills and some more bills! But Rocco is doing great and we just got his results back and it was a cysteine stone and 100% hereditary.. so we will figure out what we can do about Petland.. but he's been so energetic and overall a happy healthy puppy ❤️ We both thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!!View attachment 107509
View attachment 107510
View attachment 107511
View attachment 107512

He looks great!!

Sir Bentley

Jan 27, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Bentley
Please listen to your vet doctors. We will put you guys on our prayer list. You and Rocco will be fine in no time.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.