Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
What kind of stones does he have? My dog chunky had cystine stones in his kidneys which are hereditary and was around 16 months when the issue started causing me to get him checked. The fix from all I have read and what the vet said was to remove the stones and neuter him. Both were done and he now is doing great. Good luck

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Also with dogs that have Cystinuria or cystine stones it recommended to feed them foods with less protein and lower cystine. Fish foods usually have higher proteins and that's what Chunky was eating when his issues started or were noticed

OP
G

giannac9852

Jul 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
rocco
Be sure your surgeon has experience with bulldogs, and putting them under. Very very important.

he did his previous surgery for his tumor removal so i trust him completely.. hes seen rocco his he was a baby and has always gone the extra mile. my babys life is in his hands. i have to have trust

OP
G

giannac9852

Jul 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
rocco
Also with dogs that have Cystinuria or cystine stones it recommended to feed them foods with less protein and lower cystine. Fish foods usually have higher proteins and that's what Chunky was eating when his issues started or were noticed

im not sure yet.. thats something i will most likely find out today. they can find out what kind of stone it is before removing it correct??

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
im not sure yet.. thats something i will most likely find out today. they can find out what kind of stone it is before removing it correct??
They do a urine test and find out then what kind of stones it is. It took my vet a few days to get the results back but his neuter surgery was a week out from when his test was done and the stone removal surgery was added on and done at the same time. They vet kept him for two days to make sure he was going to do well and relieving himself normally

OP
G

giannac9852

Jul 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
rocco
They do a urine test and find out then what kind of stones it is. It took my vet a few days to get the results back but his neuter surgery was a week out from when his test was done and the stone removal surgery was added on and done at the same time. They vet kept him for two days to make sure he was going to do well and relieving himself normally

my vet wants to do both surgeries at once to avoid putting him under twice. I'm going to have to ask what kind of stone it is.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!!

The gang has you covered.... wishing the best and sending prayers for a successful surgery and recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
wondering how the day went... Hope all is well

babyishcare

Jul 18, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
tommy
I haven't had any issues until now.. i noticed after moving from a nice big spacious house to a more confined apartment with very little backyard space that Rocco has started peeing blood.. i took him to the vet right away and they ran some tests and did some xrays and said he just has a bladder infection.I purchased him from Petland in Naperville for a hefty few thousand dollars. Only to find out i was getting a sick puppy. I brought him back and now they're saying his prostate is very swollen and they also ran a 'scan' and said he might have a bladder stone.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I haven't had any issues until now.. i noticed after moving from a nice big spacious house to a more confined apartment with very little backyard space that Rocco has started peeing blood.. i took him to the vet right away and they ran some tests and did some xrays and said he just has a bladder infection.I purchased him from Petland in Naperville for a hefty few thousand dollars. Only to find out i was getting a sick puppy. I brought him back and now they're saying his prostate is very swollen and they also ran a 'scan' and said he might have a bladder stone.

so sad and a bunch of hard crap your having to go through,.. hope that dang place is paying for this!!! you sure are emotionally for that baby you rescued :(

OP
G

giannac9852

Jul 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
rocco
Doctor says it is hereditary and has to be covered under 'petland insurance'. Although, if i want them to cover it they said i have to take him for surgery at one of their vets which i am not too fond of but to save a hole in my pocket i dont have much of a choice.. im waiting to hear back from my family vet and the countryside vet which is where they want me to take him. I feel so horrible for him. He is still peeing blood and barely eating and drinking now. i got him canned food with high water content so he has some type of hydration until surgery. Ill keep everyone posted with any updates before and after surgery! thank you everyone for your help and thoughts!

OP
G

giannac9852

Jul 17, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
rocco
THIS IS MY ROCCO!!! He is the most precious little thing!

IMG_1114.JPG
FullSizeRender (1).jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Members online

No members online now.