Hello to all

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
I have been a member for a month or so but haven't stopped by to say hello I have a 10 WK old bully baby his pic is below today we made our very first thread titled help plz I think we r attempting to show Chevy the baby in a 4-6 mos show and I wanted to get everyone's opinion of his conformation and also wanted to get everyone's training tips in prep for the show so plz check out my post IMG_20170619_181544.jpg the first pic is ofIMG_20170626_173617.jpghis face the sec is from the side and the last pic I just think is soooo cute they are always sweet when they r sleeping lolIMG_20170619_181645.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170626_173617.jpg
    IMG_20170626_173617.jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 75
OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
And I was wrong the name of my thread is plz help thinking of showing my Chevy but
And appearantly forgot to finish it by saying but I'm not sure if his conformation is right lol so plz check it out would love everyone's thoughts and plz be honest and let me know what u think but plz don't be mean he is my baby and of course I think he's perfect just want to see what ppl who aren't his mommy thinks lol thank u all in advance

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
hahah, your very cute and honest about (please be nice he's your baby) ... we love them no matter what ,,, but it is fun to see how they 'stand up to the breed' and especially if you have a hankering to show.. ... I wonder how my boy looks according to 'standard' as well, cause I think he's gorgeous,, but again, I'm his mom :) others here will be able to tell more I'm sure. The only thing I read (in your other post) was about the way ears must be held or look like for showing. But,,, I don't know at all if they change through the months... Will see, enjoy, and prepare him anyway! I'm sure it's good for him to learn how to behave in that way! Also, theres agility and obedience you can train for as well... Anyway,, hope you get some answers and welcome :) You have a gorgeous bulldog..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
And I was wrong the name of my thread is plz help thinking of showing my Chevy but
And appearantly forgot to finish it by saying but I'm not sure if his conformation is right lol so plz check it out would love everyone's thoughts and plz be honest and let me know what u think but plz don't be mean he is my baby and of course I think he's perfect just want to see what ppl who aren't his mommy thinks lol thank u all in advance

Chevy is perfect in my eyes... but I'm not a show judge [emoji16]

Also.. no meanness or drama allowed on this site--- honesty, support and helpful members is what we strive for --- all about the Bulldogs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thank u very much of course I think he's gorgeous but like I said I'm his mommy so I love every thing about him he could poo in the floor and I would think it was a work of art lol and I guess myvbig concern about showing him is they have bulldog standards every where for adult dogs but none for what ur puppy should look like or at least I haven't found it yet thank u all very much u have been very helpful

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Welcome to EBN! Your Chevy is beautiful--and as long as he is perfect in your eyes, that's all that matters!

The breed standards are the same, whether for a puppy or adult. That being said, dogs change as they grow and go through awkward stages before they reach maturity. My suggestion is that you go to dog shows in your area and watch the bulldog breed judging (don't take your dog). It's also a great place to talk to breeders when they're done in the ring and learn about the ins and outs of showing. If you Google dog show superintendents you will find a company that works in your area and will have a listing of their shows.

Showing can be very expensive and isn't for the faint of heart. When you think your dog is the best and you get passed over for another that is clearly not the best in the ring it can be very discouraging. If you decide to show, find a good trainer to work with both you and your dog. I showed a bullmastiff years ago. We had a blast traveling to shows. Sometimes he won, sometimes he didn't. But we always had fun.

OP
Chevysmom

Chevysmom

Jun 3, 2017
Morehead ky
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chevy tank sparks
Thank u all for the positive feed back

Most Reactions

Members online