Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New bully baby

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    What does her vomit contain.. food or just foam or bile?

How much at each meal do you feed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Usually its just food. This last time though it was more of a dry heave and a little stomach juice. She gets about a cup 3 times a day.

Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LycyLicious View Post
    You mention she's on meds. A lot of meds can give puppies the poops I'm afraid. So might be that.
    She's such a cutey though congrats xxx

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yes, i stopped the antibiotics because i felt like they were messing with her system, and wasn't really sure if they're necessary for a red face. I'd rather try home remedies like wiping her after she eats and switching her bowls before i pump her full of medication. I assumed the vet would suggest these things but they didnt even mention it! She came home from the vet yesterday with more medicine! anti-nausea and anti-diarrhea. Its crazy. My husband took her i probably would of refused them.

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by megskee View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm Megan and a first time english bulldog owner. My baby's name is Francesca (the kids call her Fran) and she is 3 months old. We are currently having some small health problems and I'm not 100% sure what to attribute them too. Nothing crazy, maybe its because shes my first puppy but I am a mess! From vomiting, and loose stool to pink face and chin acne. I've switched her food from the Royal Canin she was eating from the breeder to Wellness core puppy. She seemed to be okay at first (her poopies were looking a lot better) but now shes back to throwing up at least once every other day and loose stool. She loves eating grass, and beetles! I do my best to stop her but have you ever tried getting a little beetle out of a bulldogs mouth?! LOL. I'm worried sick and my husband is taking her to the vet today. (She was previously prescribed antibiotics for the chin acne) Just can't wait to pin point what's having my girl not feel good! This post is a little all over the place, i apologize if its hard to follow! Any feed back or experience would be appreciated!

Attachment 106669
    Fran Nugget
    What a sweet faced little girl.

5. Likes megskee liked this post
    Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Bulldog = toddler! She will test you constantly and keep you laughing her whole life.

As for the bely, issues i would stop all treats and feed kibble only till she is settled . Might even want to go bland diet fir a few days.

What Wellness core are you feeding?

I am considering putting her on a bland diet before i transition to a new food.To get her poopies back to normal. AND i just gave her kibble for her treat last night and she gobbled it up just like the actual treats! Thank you for the tip.

7. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy and Billy
    Likes (Received)

Yes, i stopped the antibiotics because i felt like they were messing with her system, and wasn't really sure if they're necessary for a red face. I'd rather try home remedies like wiping her after she eats and switching her bowls before i pump her full of medication. I assumed the vet would suggest these things but they didnt even mention it! She came home from the vet yesterday with more medicine! anti-nausea and anti-diarrhea. Its crazy. My husband took her i probably would of refused them.
    Sigh, some vets like some doctors think that they need to prescribe meds to everyone who visits. Can be either a money thing or simply a way of looking like they're trying to help.

My Billy was a very sickly puppy. He puked and had runny poops all the time, he also got rashes of hives so we spent a lot of time trying to find a food that helped. Eventually we gave up a while and he lived on home cooked until he was almost 12 months old when we very gradually transitioned him on to the same food as Lucy. It didn't agree but he only got hives so we switched and switched eventually finding that duck protein base suited him.
    I really can't help with food for you as I live in the UK. But try not to stress too much, try feeding boiled chicken rice and veg for a little while until her tummy settles. Give her either a boiled egg to chase or just break some up in her bowl with breakfast, it helps bind poops. Plenty of water too.
    Clean the bowls after every meal, stainless steel are best, and keep her chin and lips dry using medicated wipes until the rash goes.

I'm sure someone else will help with food but generally look for grain free xxx

Love, Life and Bulldogs

9. Likes megskee liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I am considering putting her on a bland diet before i transition to a new food.To get her poopies back to normal. AND i just gave her kibble for her treat last night and she gobbled it up just like the actual treats! Thank you for the tip.
    So what were the reasons given for the meds? Or was there no explanation ?

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

11. Likes megskee liked this post
    Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

So what were the reasons given for the meds? Or was there no explanation ?

The antibiotic was for her chin acne. She had 2 or three spots with "pusstules" (i probably spelled that wrong) to my understanding it was just to take care of the open acne to keep from any further infection. Fran never seemed to be in pain or uncomfortable. It was more me noticing it than her showing signs of a problem. The nausea and diarrhea meds given yesterday were the vet saying nothing is wrong with her (after we made the appointment to make sure she doesn't have a parasite or something really wrong since she throws up pretty consistently). I really cant believe they didn't mention anything about a possible diet change. I find it really bizarre that the solution was for my dog to rely on pills to calm her digestive tract than to maybe experiment with other feeding options. Luckily i found this site! You guys are great.

Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LycyLicious View Post
    Sigh, some vets like some doctors think that they need to prescribe meds to everyone who visits. Can be either a money thing or simply a way of looking like they're trying to help.

My Billy was a very sickly puppy. He puked and had runny poops all the time, he also got rashes of hives so we spent a lot of time trying to find a food that helped. Eventually we gave up a while and he lived on home cooked until he was almost 12 months old when we very gradually transitioned him on to the same food as Lucy. It didn't agree but he only got hives so we switched and switched eventually finding that duck protein base suited him.
    I really can't help with food for you as I live in the UK. But try not to stress too much, try feeding boiled chicken rice and veg for a little while until her tummy settles. Give her either a boiled egg to chase or just break some up in her bowl with breakfast, it helps bind poops. Plenty of water too.
    Clean the bowls after every meal, stainless steel are best, and keep her chin and lips dry using medicated wipes until the rash goes.

I'm sure someone else will help with food but generally look for grain free xxx

All experience helps and i really appreciate it! Her food is grain free currently, but i'm just realizing she has small treats that are a commercial brand and are a mixture of all kinds of fillers and crap. So those are getting tossed. I'm working on an elimination diet. First going to start with taking away the treats and using kibble as a training reward (so far it works, shes a little fatty ) and see if that helps any. Next step will be a bland diet and replacing her water bowl because it is plastic.

14. Likes LucyLicious liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

The antibiotic was for her chin acne. She had 2 or three spots with "pusstules" (i probably spelled that wrong) to my understanding it was just to take care of the open acne to keep from any further infection. Fran never seemed to be in pain or uncomfortable. It was more me noticing it than her showing signs of a problem. The nausea and diarrhea meds given yesterday were the vet saying nothing is wrong with her (after we made the appointment to make sure she doesn't have a parasite or something really wrong since she throws up pretty consistently). I really cant believe they didn't mention anything about a possible diet change. I find it really bizarre that the solution was for my dog to rely on pills to calm her digestive tract than to maybe experiment with other feeding options. Luckily i found this site! You guys are great.
    She is too young for him to jump on the food, but I would do bland diet for a few days and then transition to her kibble over that time... she how she does as you increase kibble.

If she starts to vomit you know the kibble isn't for her....

e.

16. Likes megskee liked this post
    Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

She is too young for him to jump on the food, but I would do bland diet for a few days and then transition to her kibble over that time... she how she does as you increase kibble.

If she starts to vomit you know the kibble isn't for her....

Do you recommend chicken or beef? I've seen a lot of posts where people are talking about their bully being allergic to chicken.

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I always use turkey or beef...

e.

19. Likes megskee liked this post
    Real Name
    Megan
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I always use turkey or beef...

She is 3 months and 20lbs.. what do you recommend serving size wise?
    Thank you for your help. It means a lot and i'm sure Franny will appreciate it too!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads