Hello from Jacksonville Florida

Tdaughtry

Jun 4, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoe (English) Zues (Boxer)
IMG_0162.JPGIMG_0163.JPGI was online searching and came across this forum. Alot of good information. I live in Jacksonviile Florida and have a 1 yr old English Bulldog, Zoe. She is my pride and joy!
I just picked her up this past Sunday from doggie bootcamp, she was in for 7 weeks! I can't believe the difference it has made....omg....she has manners, no mouthing, no jumping on furniture, she stays when told, she actually took a nap in our presence in the den first time EVER, no more pulling my nightgown like a toy and ripping it, and no begging for food. She has actually lost 10lbs too. Of course I was over feeding her. Our 8 yr old boxer is still there, he went a we lter than Zoe. We have been going crazy without our bullies!
I look forward to all the good reading and of course all the excellent advice!!

Tania & ZoeIMG_0160.JPGIMG_0160.JPG

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Welcome!!!!! Zoe is one pretty little bully. Love her colours. There is a lot of great info in here. Doggie boot camps are great. Good job sending her there. We like photos so hope to see more of Zoe n your boxer.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Welcome to you and Zoe!! (and your boxer) What a beautiful pup! How cool, doggie boot camp! The separation must have been awful! Hope to see more pics!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=17229]Tdaughtry[/MENTION] Welcome to this great forum, which is like a never-ending boot camp for bulldog owners, he he - we all learn lots of things every day here! :)

So what did Zoe and Zeus do at the boot camp - Caesar Milan-type of place? Please tell us more!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: to EBN!!! I owned a boxer along w/my bullies we would LOVE to see some pics. I'm glad that doggie boot camp worked for your gang, maybe I should send my crew... Lol

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Welcome and it's really neat to hear of how the 'boot camp' worked out for you!!!!! I think they LOVE to learn how to behave and sometimes we just need to let them do that with someone who can give them instructions they understand... How exciting to get her back and have your wonderful companion home understanding life with a family :) Wow, what a gift you gave her,,,, and you :) and it will be fun to hear how it continues, as well as when her buddy comes home.. Did they go to the same place? Did they see each other there? Hope you feel like sharing more.. Very interesting :) And, yep, this is like "boot camp" here too :) always good info, always something to learn... Glad you found it ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What a beautiful girl! Be sure to share a picture of your boxer too!

:welcome3: to EBN

OP
T

Tdaughtry

Jun 4, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoe (English) Zues (Boxer)
IMG_0162.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0162.JPG
    IMG_0162.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 204

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

wow!!! thank you for that... I tellya,,, for a bit in the beginning of 'hank' (that's my bulldog) I was so fearful that I wouldn't be able to handle him as I had no clue about the bully breed and he was very DIFFERENT and way stronger than any dog I was used to. Thanks to Hanks good nature, and tons of reading, we have most of bulldog behavior down but would LOVE to have someone teach him a perfect recall!!!! He's (I think) an exceptional boy, but a live wire at times and goes deaf if excited... I am just starting to see some response this last two weeks , as far as being able to get his attention when excited. ..he's 16 months old... so there is hope. I'm so glad you 'went for it' and have such a great family dog now... I feel like I've watched some videos of the place you speak,, maybe not, but it was a place that trained for off leash control and it was wonderful... Hopefully, we'll get there ;)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=17229]Tdaughtry[/MENTION] thanks for the pictures and for telling us more. Sounds like a great place. I think it's fascinating how dogs can learn a certain command in one setting (and from one person) and that it then works in another place and with other people. The idea with the bed as a 'base' to return to seems efficient!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online