New English Bulldog Owner from Tennessee

K9ldy

May 21, 2017
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OZZIE
Tomorrow I will be be picking up my new furbaby. He is 12 weeks old and his name will be Ozzie. I've had dogs ever since I was born but this is my first English Bulldog. Currently I also have 2 bullmastiffs. They are getting older and so am I. I figured I needed a smaller dog because I'm not as strong as I used to be, anyway I can't wait to pick him up. I've been reading up on the care and maintenance of the English bulldog and am sure I'll be asking lots of questions. Glad to be here!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Tomorrow I will be be picking up my new furbaby. He is 12 weeks old and his name will be Ozzie. I've had dogs ever since I was born but this is my first English Bulldog. Currently I also have 2 bullmastiffs. They are getting older and so am I. I figured I needed a smaller dog because I'm not as strong as I used to be, anyway I can't wait to pick him up. I've been reading up on the care and maintenance of the English bulldog and am sure I'll be asking lots of questions. Glad to be here!

Welcome to EBN and I look forward to seeing your new puppy when you bring him home tomorrow, as for needed a little dog as for not being as strong now these little dogs are very strong I am unable to walk FTSE as he is far too strong for me and pulls me over but that's not saying they are all going to be I made the mistake of letting my husband walk FTSE from a puppy where I should have did it maybe then he would walk different for me.
You will have so much joy with a bulldog they are so funny in their ways and loveable and moody at the same time, you will find all the information and help here from all the other members.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
welcome and yep!!! they are strong, compact little buggars and if you have a goer,,,, that's great, mine sure is, but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy it's real important to get some training in them while they're young cause those stout legs of theirs can do a number if ya don't... Cutest things I ever met though, and love to please. My favorite saying as of late is "don't bully the bully"... They just don't work that way... makes um stubborn it seems.. Hank will do anything for me so long as I take a breath, gather my patience, and work with him... Enjoy,,, cant wait to see pictures of your new love :)

OP
K9ldy

K9ldy

May 21, 2017
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OZZIE
Welcome to EBN and I look forward to seeing your new puppy when you bring him home tomorrow, as for needed a little dog as for not being as strong now these little dogs are very strong I am unable to walk FTSE as he is far too strong for me and pulls me over but that's not saying they are all going to be I made the mistake of letting my husband walk FTSE from a puppy where I should have did it maybe then he would walk different for me.
You will have so much joy with a bulldog they are so funny in their ways and loveable and moody at the same time, you will find all the information and help here from all the other members.

All dogs are stronger then you think, when I was a vet tech I had a small poodle lift me up as I was laying on him so the vet could do a nail trim. I thought Wow! How in the heck did he do that! I'm sure the little guy will be strong But not as strong as my Bullmastiffs who could probably pull a car :rolleyes:
I have some pics of Ozzie. I will try to post them.

OP
K9ldy

K9ldy

May 21, 2017
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OZZIE
BABY4.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh boy hes just beautiful! I bet you can hardly wait :) And yea, I guess after Mastiffs, ya know what strong is ;) I was just surprised at how this little dude could pull, and run into, and leap into me w/o a care like he was just a little guy... those legs are powerful!! Your sure in for some comical fun :)

OP
K9ldy

K9ldy

May 21, 2017
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OZZIE
I cannot wait, I probably won't be able to sleep tonight! Thanks for the compliment on my pup. I want to love him and hold him and squeeze him and call him Ozzie :D

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I cannot wait, I probably won't be able to sleep tonight! Thanks for the compliment on my pup. I want to love him and hold him and squeeze him and call him Ozzie :D

hahaha,,, so cute.. Yep,, tomorrows a good day :) I'll love to see him in your arms,, or car, or home or???

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
:welcome2: you and Ozzie to EBN!!! He is adorable, and I'm sure he will fit right in w/your pack... Lol I also live in TN, about an hour outside of the Nashville area.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Such a cute little one! Welcome to this site!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:welcome4: to EBN!!!! I had a Champion mammoth jack, named Ozzy! Love the name! Your Oz is a cutie!

OP
K9ldy

K9ldy

May 21, 2017
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OZZIE
:welcome2: you and Ozzie to EBN!!! He is adorable, and I'm sure he will fit right in w/your pack... Lol I also live in TN, about an hour outside of the Nashville area.

Thanks for the welcome. I am originally from Chicago but have been in TN over 30 years. I am about a half hour out of Knoxville.

📰 Latest posts

Members online