ThaiandKale

May 19, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hey everyone,

We just found your site while searching on google trying to find some information on our English Bulldog! We have a girl named Bella we got in November she's just over 8 months old now! We've started taking her to a large off leash park here and we always get asked if she's mixed or what she is! She doesn't necessarily look like your "typical" bulldog doesn't have plenty of wrinkles and has a smaller head. We've seen both parents they were both English Bulldog's the mom was registered but the dad wasn't. Just wondering if any of you guys have seen a English Bulldog that looks like her and if we're just worried about nothing?! IMG_0308.JPGIMG_0366.JPG IMG_0363.JPGIMG_0363.JPG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hi and welcome :) surly nothing to worry about she's beautiful thats for sure!! Some experienced bully owners here that'll help you out. When my hank was about 8 or 9 months old, he was more leggy than some and I had a couple of people ask if he had old English bulldog in him.. Papers say no, but I would be happy to have some in the blood so no problem there ;) He doesn't look leggy any more ( I don't think) but a healthy active smaller (50lbs at 15 months) bulldog than some... They come in all shapes and sizes :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hey everyone,

Im 90% sure your bella is a Bantam Bulldog. They are EB but smaller version. They've been around since the early 1800. That's what my Nyala is. Here's a link so you can judge for yourself. Also depends how much she weighs????? Nyala weighs 50lbs.

What Is an English Bantam Bulldog? - Pets

Nyala at 5 months.jpgOk im done now. I smell purrrdy.jpg

Nyala's half sister
Nyala's half sister.jpg

WHERE IN CANADA ARE YOU?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Bella appears to be EBD to me... some bullies are shaped different, and especially at 8 months old it's hard to tell. Typically it takes a year from them to grow to their height, and almost 2 years after that to fill out. You've definitely got plenty of time...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN! Bella is a beauty of a girl!

She may be going through the lanky stage, but her face looks EBD to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Bella looks EBD to me. She is Beautiful, and Ms. Nyala you are a Beauty also Pretty Girl

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Long weekend in Canada. Probably when there is no answer. Lol

OP
T

ThaiandKale

May 19, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yes long weekend here for us sorry for the late reply! Thanks for reassuring us it definitely makes us feel relieved as we were getting worried being asked daily if she was mixed! We obviously love her regardless lol but nice to know she does in fact resemble an English Bulldog! She does look a lot like Nyala, see a lot of similarities! Thanks for the welcoming messages, we look forward to being part of the forum!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and from Saskatchewan but currently living in Alberta!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes long weekend here for us sorry for the late reply! Thanks for reassuring us it definitely makes us feel relieved as we were getting worried being asked daily if she was mixed! We obviously love her regardless lol but nice to know she does in fact resemble an English Bulldog! She does look a lot like Nyala, see a lot of similarities! Thanks for the welcoming messages, we look forward to being part of the forum!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and from Saskatchewan but currently living in Alberta!

Oh cool where in AB?

Members online

No members online now.